Summer Swap will happen!

Old March 4th 04, 06:41 AM
John Patrick

Default Summer Swap will happen!

I've had 99% positive responses to the Summer Swap question, so I
will organize a Summer Swap.

Here's the low-down:

1) Swap will take place early June (date TBD, but will be announced
at the official start of registration).

2) Swap category will be "Approximately $15 USD". What this means
is that one should expect to buy the swapped coin(s) for around
$15 USD. A single coin is the expected swap, but if one wants,
multiple coins can be used.

3) This will be a round-robin swap! Person A sends to B. Person
B sends to C. Person C sends to D.... Person Z sends to A.

4) Sign-up will start in early May. The cut-off date for signing
up is TBD, but will be announced with the registration announcement.

5) The info you need to give to participate is quite small:
Name
Mailing Address (including country)
Two ideas for swap: Could be as general as "common silver",
generic as "Merc dimes", or specific as "MS war nickel (1944D
preferred)".
Note that this idea may or may not be used, and you may end up
getting a surprise!

6) Please note that participation in this swap might require you to
mail an international package. Please don't get upset if I give
you an international swap.

7) Is it up to you if you want to e-mail your swap/gift assignment
and ask them for clarifications or let them know you've got them.
I see one of the nice things about this is that XXX doesn't
necessarily know that YYY is sending a coin to her.

Now, the small print:
a) I will be coordinating this, and I have the right to refuse someone's
participation, especially known trolls.
I will be contacting BobbyShaw (Bobby, consider this you contact )
and seeing if he has a list of dead-beat swappers, which will not be
allowed to participate.

b) When you get your swap assignment, don't complain if you don't like
the person and you didn't tell me that. I will try to respect things
like "I don't want to send to XXX" or "I don't want to receive from
YYY", but don't get upset if I end up doing it anyway.

c) Contents may settle during shipment.

Any questions?

Expect the official registration announcement in 2 months!

John
'thinks he's getting in deep'

Old March 4th 04, 06:52 AM
Henry Mensch

John Patrick wrote:
-7) Is it up to you if you want to e-mail your swap/gift assignment
- and ask them for clarifications or let them know you've got them.

I trust this should read "It is up to you ... " since there's no
question mark at the end ...

--
# henry mensch / henare systems / san francisco, ca
# http://www.henare.tk/
Old March 4th 04, 07:56 PM
WinWinscenario

Any questions?

Expect the official registration announcement in 2 months!

John
'thinks he's getting in deep

John-

So far so good!
(But keep a snorkle handy just in case)

Regards,
Tom
Old March 4th 04, 11:42 PM
Paul

Thanks for your work here. I look forward to participating.

Now where is that 1895 Proof Morgan I had lying around....

Paul
(Oh...here it is in this nice PVC flip!!)
"John Patrick" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Anyone interested in a Summer Swap? John Patrick Coins 39 February 27th 04 03:43 AM
Holiday Swap update BobbyShaw Coins 5 November 15th 03 02:27 PM
HOLIDAY SWAP entry form: (FINAL post!) BobbyShaw Coins 2 November 11th 03 09:51 PM
HOLIDAY SWAP entry form (3rd posting) BobbyShaw Coins 0 November 9th 03 04:27 AM
HOLIDAY SWAP entry form (2nd post) BobbyShaw Coins 0 November 6th 03 04:04 AM