HOLIDAY SWAP entry form (3rd posting)

Old November 9th 03, 04:27 AM
BobbyShaw

Default HOLIDAY SWAP entry form (3rd posting)

The 7th Annual RCC Holiday Swap time is here!

I am happy to act as the coordinator for this year's swap. I hope it will be
fun and of good cheer for all participating.

All you have to do to be part of the festivities is to fill out the form at the
bottom of this post and e-mail it to me. I'll confirm that e-mail and add your
information to the category lists you choose. Since I am on AOL and apparently
don't get all my e-mails, if you have not gotten a confirmation e-mail back
within 24 hours, let me know in the newsgroup.

I will collect entries through WEDNESDAY, NOV. 12th. So far, 41 people have
signed up, so we should have an excellent swap this year! I will post one more
swap entry form notice on Monday, and e-mail the few remaining people that
expressed interest but have yet to sign up (only 12 left). I will then start
sending out swap pairs on Thursday. So, time is running out! If you still
want to participate, get those entry forms (at the bottom of this post) in!

Here are the details for this year's swap.

There will be three categories with three divisions each for
participation in the swap.

US coins: this includes all coins bearing the inscription "United
States of America" for use in the USA, her territories, and possesions
as well as North American colonial issues used in America (but not
Canada). Coins minted at a US Mint facility for other countries do
*not* fall into this catagory.

1. Under $10.
2. Between $10-$25
3. Over $25.

World Coins: This include all coins minted by or for countries other
than the USA including ancients (Please be careful not to accidentally
trade a repro or a fake ancient, as those are quite common!)

1. Under $10.
2. Between $10.-25
3. Over $25.

Potpourri: This is the true surprise catagory! This may include any
of the above, plus Paper Money, exonumia, and anything else I've
forgotten.

1. Under $10.
2. Between $10.-25
3. Over $25.

Some helpful hints to follow:

1. You may participate in as many categories as you choose.
2. Try to reasonably hit the value mark. (and don't be afraid to go over!)
3. pay attention to the survey info (if any), particularly the "dislikes" to
avoid for that person.
4. Uncommon types of coins will make a better impression than more
common ones.
5. Package up your surprise(s) securely, & maybe even creatively
(because nobody wants to get a damaged item, a loose item, or an ugly
ball of tape around an item!)
6. If your surprise is too expensive for you to afford it getting
"lost in the mail", send it insured! We are all going to be
responsible for our "gifts" getting there!
7. DO NOT post your form back to the group!
8. Please respond only once.
9. Please remember, that this is a commitment. When you submit your choices to
me (by e-mail) you agree to participate and do your part. I don't want to see
anyone left out in the cold because someone did not fulfill their
commitment(s).
10. Finally, I call to your attention once again, please just
send me an e-mail (with just the form part of this e-mail) with your areas of
participation. I will keep everyone informed in the newsgroup when I'm ready
to e-mail each participant their swap partner.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SWAP PARTICIPATION FORM

Category(s) chosen:

Personal Info
==========
E-mail address:
Real Name:
Address:
City:
State/Province/Terr.:
Zip/Postal code:
Country:

Survey info (optional, to help your trading partner(s))
======================================
Collecting Likes:

Collecting Dislikes:

Age:

Age when started collecting:

Number of years as an active collector:

More Info & notes:

--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html

HOLIDAY SWAP update BobbyShaw Coins 8 November 6th 03 04:58 AM
HOLIDAY SWAP entry form (2nd post) BobbyShaw Coins 0 November 6th 03 04:04 AM
HOLIDAY SWAP entry form! BobbyShaw Coins 3 November 6th 03 01:35 AM
HOLIDAY SWAP suggestions BobbyShaw Coins 64 November 2nd 03 05:12 AM
PING: Former Holiday Swap coordinators BobbyShaw Coins 2 October 29th 03 05:37 PM