Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?...

Old July 2nd 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Default Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?...

Ο "clarkent" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
gogu wrote:

Anyway, as I said I *think* I have an answer for what's going on but I am
not sure if it's valid...
Sooo, do you think that eBay has a mechanism to monitor from which
country you are logging in to your account?...
And when they "see" that you are logging in from a country which:
1) is not the country you usually access your account
2) is in the list of the "dangerous" (hacker-infested) countries (Russia,
Bulgaria, Romanian, etc)
then they are automatically going through this procedure...

Because if this is the case then it might be because I live and work the
last 8 months in one of these countries so I am accessing my account from
there...
Is it possible?...
Just a thought...

Ebay recently announced a new security feature, whereby if you use a
different computer or isp to log into your account, they would ask for a
secondary verification question. I received that in an email from them,
but they never have asked me for that question or response, so I don't
know if they have started that policy yet or not.

Thanks for the insight!

Old July 2nd 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Ο "clarkent" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
gogu wrote:

You might try contacting customer service (if such a thing actually
exists) and find out if someone is trying to hack your account. They have
a live chat feature available in the help section. If you could get a hold
of someone on live chat, they could check your account and tell you if
someone has been trying to get into your account. HTH.

Believe me, I've tried it:-)
And every time I am receiving a bot answer with their security rules and how
to keep...safe my account;-)
I think that nobody really reads customer's complains...
As for my account, I am 10000000% sure that nobody tried to get into my
account, it's just that I'm accessing it from various countries and various
ISP's.

Old July 2nd 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Ο "Teranews" Possum Trot έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" wrote in message
Ο "MJKolodziej" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" wrote in message
This is a mail I've sent to eBay today, please read and you'll
understand;-)
--------------
Gentlemen!
Enough is enough!
I don't know why but about every month I receive the same stupid e-mail
from you, "...your eBay account may have recently become
compromised..." bla bla bla and I can't access my account until I am
not following the same stupid routine of resetting my password!
I am a grown child, I use 10 firewalls and 30 anti-virus programs, I am
not giving my passwords to others, etc, so PLEASE stop harassing me
with this stupid procedure!
My account is very well thank you, I can't understand why I have to go
through the same, stupid process every 30 days or so!
Enough is enough!
------------
Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?

Something is seriously wrong here. You must have someone repeatedly
hacking your account out of spite.

I've been using eBay for at least 8 years and have never had to change my
account passwords.

Oooh, not again!
Plkease read *ALL* messages in the thread before commenting!
The message was GENUINE, they even used my real name!

Old July 2nd 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

? "Voltronicus" ?????? ??? ??????
On Jul 2, 4:05 am, "gogu" wrote:

What a smart a**!
If you have nothing useful to contribute, please stay away!
We have enough idiots and trolls in rcc, we don't need one more!

So tell us gogu, are aliens controlling your thoughts too?
Or does your tin foil hat prevent that?

PLONK!

Old July 3rd 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

"gogu" wrote in message
Ο "don't look" don't έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"Bruce Farley" wrote in message
Did you go to eBay and check to see if the message was in your "My
Messages"?
I fit was not, and I am sure it not, you were being phished and
hopefully you didn't reply.
EBay never sends you a generic message, they always use you name.
Bruce

gogu wrote:

[...]

Thanks!

The only time I've ever gotten something like this it was a phishing

scam.
Is this guy serious or just a troll? Anyone who has had any kind of

online
account gets warnings that these things are never sent out by legit
companies. I say Troll.

????You are uneducated!
I am posting here since 7 or so years so you are rude and an -I am sorry

say that- idiot!
I believe the TROLL is you!

Gogu,
I apologize for the Troll remark. I did not know you were a regular.I could
have and probably should have checked for your previous posts before sayung
anything.
Ebay and Paypal both have warnings on their security pages that say they
will never ask for this kind of informaion through e-mail. Now,whether they
violated thier own rules,I can't say.

Old July 3rd 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Jul 3, 1:19*am, "don't look" don't wrote:

I apologize for the Troll remark. I did not know you were a regular.

He's a regular troll.
Prunes?
Old July 3rd 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"note.boy" wrote in message
news

I live in Scotland but I accessed my ebay account from Canada two years
ago and ebay made me change my password, it must be some kind of automatic
security check, I was please to see it in action. Billy

I have accessed my account in several Western European countries and
Australia in the last several years and have never been directed to change
my password. Those of you who notice that my email address changes to my
location can see that I access my account from all over the US. I have
never been forced to change my password.

Old July 3rd 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:20:37 -0500, "PC" wrote:

"note.boy" wrote in message
news

I live in Scotland but I accessed my ebay account from Canada two years
ago and ebay made me change my password, it must be some kind of automatic
security check, I was please to see it in action. Billy

I have accessed my account in several Western European countries and
Australia in the last several years and have never been directed to change
my password. Those of you who notice that my email address changes to my
location can see that I access my account from all over the US. I have
never been forced to change my password.

The policy just recently went into effect. What you did "in the last
several years" is irrelevant. What you've done in the last couple of
months might be, but you have to come to their attention first.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 3rd 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"note.boy" wrote in message
news

I live in Scotland but I accessed my ebay account from Canada two years
ago and ebay made me change my password, it must be some kind of
automatic
security check, I was please to see it in action. Billy

I have accessed my account in several Western European countries and
Australia in the last several years and have never been directed to change
my password. Those of you who notice that my email address changes to my
location can see that I access my account from all over the US. I have
never been forced to change my password.

The policy just recently went into effect. What you did "in the last
several years" is irrelevant.

I would say that it is quite relevant given the fact that someone else cited
"two years ago" as a time frame where they were made to change their
password. See above. If I am missing something, please fill me in.

What you've done in the last couple of
months might be, but you have to come to their attention first.

Well the last two months have been from the same hardware and ISP but
different web browsers and operating systems. I wonder if that gets their
undies in a bunch?

PLEASE HELP!! MM3 Problem sambora Juke Boxes 1 May 3rd 08 12:17 AM
Help with a problem qfwfq Coins 2 January 9th 08 11:58 AM
AMI I 200 Problem [email protected] Juke Boxes 3 June 19th 07 05:59 AM
Problem with r.c.c.? [email protected] Coins 6 March 24th 05 03:36 AM
Problem s Vinkjm Paper Money 1 November 13th 03 01:33 PM