Amazon refund received after 6 weeks

Old August 10th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Amazon refund received after 6 weeks

BobFinnan.com wrote:
wrote:
Watch for other clues such as the
use of "mint." Coins and stamps
are minted, books are not.

Hey brainiac, stamps are PRINTED - you know, like a book!
You do know what a book is, don't you, palmjob?

I would have expected a more intelligent
response from an amoeba, Finnian. It
was a shockingly stupid response, even
for a wheezing newsgroup ninny like you.
As far as your attempt at tricky word play,
I think an amoeba could pull off a more
clever ploy than your pitiful attempt to
be sly, too Sorry to shock you with things
you know nothing about, but "mint" has
for many generations been a legally
recognized term of the stamp collecting
trade. It has no such distinguished place
in in the rare book trade, as any decent
reference on book collecting will make clear.
I am going to be quite blunt in suggesting that
if your "brain" was operating on more than a
pitiful bundle of neurons and synapses maybe
the size of a kitchen matchstick, you would
have saved yourself the embarrassment of
such a shoddy attempt at wit.

[memo from the upstairs office]

Old August 11th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Willis Yates wrote:
Over the past several years (dating back to the 1990's), I've bought 100's
of items from eBay and eBay Marketplace sellers and have had no
"BobFinnan.com" wrote in message

Hey, Hardy Boy porker....who gives a rat's ass?
I bet when you go to sleep at night, you fantasize that you're sleeping
between the Hardy Boys wearing a dress don't you?

Bob Finnan is the type and genus
of an entity found in most newsgroups:
the crazy pest. The only thing that
sets him apart from the garden variety
crazy newgroup pest is that Bob
is crazier and more pestiferous
than many others of his ilk.

[Memo from the upstairs offrice]

Old August 13th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
BobFinnan.com

Right Palmjob, keep on dreaming.
You're on more killfiles than anyone else in the world.

Old August 13th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

David Ames wrote:
wrote:
BobFinnan.com wrote:
wrote:
Watch for other clues such as the
use of "mint." Coins and stamps
are minted, books are not.

Hey brainiac, stamps are PRINTED - you know, like a book!
You do know what a book is, don't you, palmjob?

I would have expected a more intelligent
response from an amoeba, Finnian. It
was a shockingly stupid response, even
for a wheezing newsgroup ninny like you.
As far as your attempt at tricky word play,
I think an amoeba could pull off a more
clever ploy than your pitiful attempt to
be sly, too Sorry to shock you with things
you know nothing about, but "mint" has
for many generations been a legally
recognized term of the stamp collecting
trade.

"Mint" is a generally accepted term among stamp collectors. "Minted"
is not.

If you read the above, you will see that
I never asserted that "minted" was a
customary term in stamp collecting.
Yes, in my post previous to that I strayed
somewhat from strict stamp collecting
terminology in order to emphasize my
point. On the other hand, this is not a
stamp collecting group, and the thing
our crazy newsgroup pest tried to divert
attention from is the fact that "mint"
is not a term of the used and rare
book trade. When you see "mint"
misemployed in a book listing, you
are seeing evidence that an amateur
posted the listing, and you are seeing
a warning sign that that there may
be other serious inaccuracies in
the description.

[Memo from the upstairs office]

"Mint" is an adjective. "Minted" is a verb form.

David Ames

Old August 14th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

BobFinnan.com wrote:
wrote:
Sorry to shock you with things
you know nothing about, but "mint" has
for many generations been a legally
recognized term of the stamp collecting
trade.

You are, as usual and of course, completely wrong, not to mention being
full of **** (as usual).
"legally recognized term" indeed!
Who passed the law? The choir of voices in your head, palmjob?

Our crazy newsgroup pest Bob is
bouncing off walls again in his
desperate to refute the irrefutable.
Apparantly Finnan never even took high
school business law or he might have
learned that there are legally recognized
terms in a great many trades and businesses
where disputes may occur. The Uniform
Commerical Code makes frequent reference
to the importance of such terms in settling
disputes. For instance, it is not hard to
imagine a lawsuit occurring
because someone sold an expensive postage
stamp as mint, although the seller maintains the
stamp is of a lower grade and wants his money
back. If enough money was involved, you
may even have experts on both sides
offering contasting views of what precisely
is mint. At some point the court might
take the matter under advisement and
research other cases involving the term
"mint" as it relates to stamp collecting.
They could easily discover a precise,
longstanding meaning of the term based
on usage of experts in the business.
That would be the "legally recognized
meaning" of the term in the stamp
trade.

[I might add here that it is rather pathetic
that our crazy newsgroup pest Finnan
would waste my time with something
as basic as this. However, doing that
is in fact a favorite trick of critters like
Bob: That is, annoying others by
illogically challenging things the carping
pest either know to be true or should
know to be true were not the pest
unusually ignorant. Like Bob Finnan.
Sad.]

[Memo from the upstairs office.

Old August 15th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Scot Kamins

In article ,
"michael adams" wrote:

I think the phrase you're vainly searching for Finnan, if you only had
the wit, is "philately will get you nowhere."

Ba-da-BOOM
Old August 15th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
BobFinnan.com

Our crazy newsgroup pest palmjob is
bouncing off walls again in his
desperate attempt to refute the irrefutable.

Pick up any stamp collector's magazine or catolog and try to find the
word mint - ain't there palmjob, you hemorrhoid.
But keep posting palmy, I just love to watch you make a fool of
yourself with your incredible pomposity and equally incredible talent
of ALWAYS being wrong.
Maybe you and Barky should form your own group and put your alleged
wits to use there.