Truth be known is sadder than friction

Old January 22nd 13, 12:04 AM posted to alt.drugs.hard,alt.drugs.pot,rec.collecting.coins,rec.arts.tv
Syd M.[_2_]

Default Truth be known is sadder than friction

His name wasn't Martin Luther King-Confusing!

According to all accounts, the name on Martin Luther King's birth
certificate is Michael and there is no evidence that he changed it.
He didn't pick the name Martin Luther out of the air, however.
It was the name his father used and claimed to have given to his son.
According to Africana.com, Martin Luther King, Sr. said that his son's
given name was Martin Luther but that the doctor who delivered him put
"Michael" on the birth certificate, something he didn't know until
much
later.
Until adulthood, Martin Luther King, Jr. was known as "M.L." or
"Michael."

Martin Luther King plagiarized in college-Truth!

The staff at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Papers Project discovered a
lot of plagiarism in Martin Luther King's writings and in a 1991
article in THE JOURNAL OF AMERICAN HISTORY said that "plagiarism was a
general pattern evident in nearly all of his academic writings"
including his doctoral dissertation.

Martin Luther King plagiarized his famous "I Have a Dream"
speech-Disputed!
Critics have charged that King plagiarized that too by borrowing from
speech given to the Republican convention in 1952 by an
African-American preacher named Archibald Carey, Jr.
Some of them say he gave Cary's speech word-for-word.
It can probably be said that King borrowed from the idea of the speech
by Carey (who was a friend of King's), but only the last couple of
paragraph's resembled Carey's speech and little of it is word-for-
word.
Both men spun their remarks off the words of the song "My Country 'Tis
of Thee."

King's speech ended with:
This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing
with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty,
of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's
pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring." And if America is
be a great nation, this must become true. So let freedom ring from the
prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty
mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening
Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let freedom ring from the snowcapped
Rockies of Colorado! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of
California! But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of
Georgia! Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let
freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From
every mountainside, let freedom ring.
When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and
every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to
speed
up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews
and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands
and
sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at
last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Carey's speech ended with:
We, Negro Americans, sing with all loyal Americans: My country 'tis of
thee, Sweet land of liberty, Of thee I sing. Land where my fathers
died, Land of the Pilgrims' pride From every mountainside Let freedom
ring!
That's exactly what we mean--from every mountain side, let freedom
ring. Not only from the Green Mountains and White Mountains of
Vermont
and New Hampshire; not only from the Catskills of New York; but from
the Ozarks in Arkansas, from the Stone Mountain
in Georgia, from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia--let it ring not
only for the minorities of the United States, but for the disinherited
of all the earth--may the Republican Party, under God, from every
mountainside,
LET FREEDOM RING!

King was under surveillance because of his ties to communist
organizations-Truth!

David Garrow, the author of "Bearing the Cross," a book about Martin
Luther King, says that King's criticism of the Kennedy administration
drew administration scrutiny.
There was suspicion that two of his associates, including Stanley
Levinson, had disassociated from the Communist party as a cover to
work with and influence King.

King had an obsession with white prostitutes and used church funds
for drunken parties-Likely!

One of King's closest associates addressed rumors about King's sexual
activities in his 1989 book, "And the Walls Came Tumbling Down."
He said that King did have a weakness for women and engaged in
extramarital affairs.
He denied reports that he was attracted to white women and said he
never knew of King to be involved with a white woman.
As a part of its surveillance activities, the FBI did document some
sexual encounters involving Martin Luther King.

A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:

Interesting, if all is really true.
Martin Luther King...................................

Most of the info is from Reportable History experts, as quoted in
Newsweek and Time magazine.

Four things you didn't know about Dr. Martin Luther King

1. His name wasn't Martin Luther. It was Michael. It was decided
Martin
Luther had a more prominent ring to it, so he went by that. He never
legally changed his name. To this day, he lived and died as Michael
King.

2. While working on his dissertation for his doctoral degree at Boston
University, he heavily plagiarized from another author who had done
research on a subject similar to King's. As academic committee later
found that over half of King's work was plagiarized, yet would not
revoke his doctrine. King was dead by this time, and the committee
ruled that revoking the title would serve no purpose. It was also
discovered that King's famous I HAVE A DREAM speech was also not his
own. He stole it from a sermon by Archibald Carey, a popular black
preacher in the 1950's

3. King was under FBI surveillance for several years (until he died)
due to his ties with communist organizations throughout the country.
King accepted money from the organizations to fund his movements. In
return, King had to appoint communist leaders to run certain districts
of his SCLC (Southern Christian Leadership Conference), who then could
project their communist ideas to larger audiences. A federal judge in
the 60's ruled that the FBI files on King links to communism to remain
top-secret until 2027. Senator Jesse Helms appealed to the Supreme
Court in
1983 to release the files, so the correct bill in the Senate to create
the Martin Luther King Federal Holiday could be abolished. He was
denied.

4. One of King's closest friends, Rev. Ralph Abernathy, wrote a book
in
1989 in which he talked about King's obsession with white prostitutes.
King would often use church donations to have drunken sex parties,
where he would hire two to three white prostitutes, occasionally
beating them brutally. This has also been reported by the FBI agents
who monitored King. King was married with four children.

Martin Luther King Day. A day when this country will come to a
screeching halt so we can have parades and memorials to honor this
man,
a man that most of the world views as a saint for his role in the
civil
rights movement. No other public holiday in the United States honors a
single individual. Of all the great leaders in our Nation's
history-none of them have their own holiday. All of our great war
heroes share Memorial Day. All of our great presidents share
President's Day. Yet king -- a man who was a phony, a cheater, a
traitor, and a sexual degenerate gets a day of his own.

I have a big problem with that.

I'm not trying to take anything away from African Americans, but I am
trying to point out that
(1) the vast majority of people are sorely mistaken about Michael King
and
(2) that reverse discrimination is blatantly obvious everywhere you
look today.

Been watching the news lately? President Bush just got himself in some
hot water when he spoke out against the University of Michigan for
giving black applicants precedence over more qualified white
applicants. Now Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, and other black leaders are
trashing him, without a doubt planning how they can use this against
his reelection campaign.

Think about that - Bush just made a stand for equal human rights, but
low and behold -- in this case they didn't want to be treated as
equals.

Make up your minds. I feel like I belong to one of the more abused
ethnic groups in this country today. Can I do anything about it?
Absolutely not. If I dare speak out I'll get labeled a racist,
harassed
by the media. Subsequently lose my job, and never be able to show my
face in public again.

But what I will do is send out this email to as many people I know in
hopes that when you're watching the evening news on Martin Luther King
Day, and you see our politicians falling all over themselves to be
filmed in a black church somewhere; you might stop and ask yourself
"what about us?"

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/mlk.htm
Old January 22nd 13, 11:03 PM posted to alt.drugs.hard,alt.drugs.pot,rec.collecting.coins,rec.arts.tv
Kontac

Syd our group isn't for your crossposted stuff on M. L. King

--
Kontac |=] | |--- A taste of life...
Old January 25th 13, 10:15 PM posted to alt.drugs.hard,alt.drugs.pot,rec.collecting.coins,rec.arts.tv
Frank Galikanokus

"Syd M." impostor wrote:

But what I will do is send out this email to as many people I know in
hopes that when you're watching the evening news on Martin Luther King
Day, and you see our politicians falling all over themselves to be
filmed in a black church somewhere; you might stop and ask yourself
"what about us?"

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/mlk.htm

Yabut, he did more in his life than you could do in 1,000 of your lying, impostor, asshole
life.

JAM