How's this for the eBay Fraud du jour

Old February 4th 05, 05:52 PM
Numislit

Default How's this for the eBay Fraud du jour

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...48&item=395659
4315&rd=1

New seller with 0 feedback registered in China, coins are in the UK, half
dollars, peace dollars and dimes are all the same size.

"They will bring good fortune and happiness to the owner."

And eBay wonders why its stock is in the crapper

Old February 4th 05, 06:20 PM
Ken Barr

In article ,
(Numislit) wrote:

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...=548&item=3956
594315&rd=1

New seller with 0 feedback registered in China, coins are in the UK,
half dollars, peace dollars and dimes are all the same size.

"They will bring good fortune and happiness to the owner."

And eBay wonders why its stock is in the crapper

eBay stock is up 20% from year-ago levels, 100% from
two-year-ago levels and 150% from three-year-ago levels.

if all my stocks were as crappy as eBay, I'd be posting
this message from my villa Bali instead of my condo in
San Jose ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old February 4th 05, 06:58 PM
Jim Higgins

"Numislit" wrote in message
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...48&item=395659
4315&rd=1

New seller with 0 feedback registered in China, coins are in the UK, half
dollars, peace dollars and dimes are all the same size.

"They will bring good fortune and happiness to the owner."

And eBay wonders why its stock is in the crapper

Maybe this is the same guy, or his twin, that the Coin World article on
counterfeits was about?

Old February 4th 05, 07:02 PM
RF

"Ken Barr" wrote...
,
(Numislit) wrote:

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...=548&item=3956
594315&rd=1

New seller with 0 feedback registered in China, coins are in the UK,
half dollars, peace dollars and dimes are all the same size.

"They will bring good fortune and happiness to the owner."

And eBay wonders why its stock is in the crapper

eBay stock is up 20% from year-ago levels, 100% from
two-year-ago levels and 150% from three-year-ago levels.

if all my stocks were as crappy as eBay, I'd be posting
this message from my villa Bali instead of my condo in
San Jose ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics

Would'nt it be cheaper to sell your home in San Jose, and move to Bali?
hehe..

Sam

Old February 4th 05, 11:28 PM
Paul Baker

Includes a fine example of the 1877 silver jubilee crown !

Some care is being take get around the laws a little bit...... The 1977
crowns still have a legal tender 25p face value as far as I know......

Thanks Mr Paul Baker

Old February 5th 05, 06:59 PM
Ken Barr

In article ,
(Numislit) wrote:

Ah yes Ken. You probably are the guy who bought silver at $1.29 and
sold it at
$50.50 and wonders why everyone else is complaining. Still, I wouldn't
be too
pleased with a stock that has dropped $40.00 a share in a month, and in
the minds of most analysts is overvalued at that.

Nope ... as soon as silver spot hit the ludicrous level of $20
per ounce I made sure to flop whatever I bought immediately.
I remember buying a cuplahundertbux face of 90% on a Friday
evening after the market closed, paying 18x face and HOPING
that the market wasn't going to tank on Monday. Silver opened
a bit higher on Monday and I liquidated everything at 22x face.

My record prices realized: US 90% - 26x face, Canada 80% - 22x
face (most of which I had bought YEARS ago at face or less ...),
.... I DID sell a single one ounce silver bar at $50.00 when spot
was $48something.

Re stocks, I'm an investor, not a trader. What a stock does
in a month is of no concern to me ... what a stock does over
a one to five year period is more important. I bought a bunch
of Apple Computers at $20 a few years ago, watched it ratchet
down to $13 (thought about buying more there, but DIDN't,
dammit!), and then watched it take off over the past year.
I sold half my position at $50, a quarter of my position at
$60 and still have the remaining quarter at current levels.
I'll probably sell the rest if it hits $100, or may just
let it ride since it's effectively "house money".

If I'd bought eBaY at $100 a month or so ago, I wouldn't
be losing any sleep over it. I suspect it'll be back to
that level within a year. (And if it drops much lower,
I may buy some to take advantage of my expectatons ...).

Old February 5th 05, 07:02 PM
Ken Barr

In article , "RF"
wrote:

[snip]
if all my stocks were as crappy as eBay, I'd be posting
this message from my villa Bali instead of my condo in
San Jose ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics

Would'nt it be cheaper to sell your home in San Jose, and move to Bali?
hehe..

Almost, but not quite ... my condo is currently worth about
seven times what I paid for it, but not enough yet to retire
on. Give it another six months to a year of increases at the
current rate, though, and I may run the numbers again ...