Looking for Assistance obtaining Pennies.

Old March 31st 17, 03:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Looking for Assistance obtaining Pennies.

Hello.

My apologies if this is not the best place to post this but not having much luck finding information so I thought I would give it a try.

I am a proud Canadian that owns a Penny Pressing Machine here that dispenses the Penny automatically for the Customer.

Since no more Canadian Pennies and I am trying to use the same year (or closeness of years - for thickness consistency of penny for machine setup), I am trying to track down as many (appx. $400 - $500) worth of new pennies. I go on Ebay but am amazed that $25 of new pennies are selling for $60 +. I know it is supply and demand but are American pennies that hard to come by.

Long story short, I have no interest in paying $60 + another $40 shipping for $25 worth of pennies. Wondering if anyone has any insite on how to obtain boxed US Pennies? Can anyone walk into a bank and get US Pennies (New)?? I actually e-mailed a bank previously and they seemed to only deal with their customers and suggested I go to a Credit Union or similar type bank.

Anyways, I would be willing to pay a little over face value but I'm not paying 3X the value of the currency and add shipping on top of that.

Any help or information would be appreciated and again, there maybe a better group then this one to post this and if so, my apologies.
Old April 14th 17, 02:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Pocono[_3_]

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 10:23:58 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Do they have to be uncirculated?
Old April 27th 17, 07:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 10:01:56 AM UTC-3, Pocono wrote:
[...]

Not at all......Any ideas?
Old April 28th 17, 08:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ruben Safir

On 04/27/2017 02:33 PM, wrote:
[...]

what is the melt value?

Difficulty obtaining president dollars. Dik T. Winter Coins 36 March 10th 09 10:46 AM
Assistance please Veronica Coins 6 January 29th 06 10:35 PM
Need assistance with Googling. Rodney General Discussion 5 November 27th 05 12:25 AM
WTB: British West Africa Pennies; FS/FT 1934 Unc BWA One-Tenth Pennies Terry-GBIECoins Coins 0 October 18th 03 03:10 PM
Help a Rookie with obtaining coins Darren Coins 2 October 15th 03 05:35 PM