A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Coins
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Looking for Assistance obtaining Pennies.

Old March 31st 17, 03:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Looking for Assistance obtaining Pennies.

Hello.

My apologies if this is not the best place to post this but not having much luck finding information so I thought I would give it a try.

I am a proud Canadian that owns a Penny Pressing Machine here that dispenses the Penny automatically for the Customer.

Since no more Canadian Pennies and I am trying to use the same year (or closeness of years - for thickness consistency of penny for machine setup), I am trying to track down as many (appx. $400 - $500) worth of new pennies. I go on Ebay but am amazed that $25 of new pennies are selling for $60 +. I know it is supply and demand but are American pennies that hard to come by.

Long story short, I have no interest in paying $60 + another $40 shipping for $25 worth of pennies. Wondering if anyone has any insite on how to obtain boxed US Pennies? Can anyone walk into a bank and get US Pennies (New)?? I actually e-mailed a bank previously and they seemed to only deal with their customers and suggested I go to a Credit Union or similar type bank.

Anyways, I would be willing to pay a little over face value but I'm not paying 3X the value of the currency and add shipping on top of that.

Any help or information would be appreciated and again, there maybe a better group then this one to post this and if so, my apologies.
Ads
Old April 14th 17, 02:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Pocono[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 10:23:58 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hello.

My apologies if this is not the best place to post this but not having much luck finding information so I thought I would give it a try.

I am a proud Canadian that owns a Penny Pressing Machine here that dispenses the Penny automatically for the Customer.

Since no more Canadian Pennies and I am trying to use the same year (or closeness of years - for thickness consistency of penny for machine setup), I am trying to track down as many (appx. $400 - $500) worth of new pennies. I go on Ebay but am amazed that $25 of new pennies are selling for $60 +. I know it is supply and demand but are American pennies that hard to come by.

Long story short, I have no interest in paying $60 + another $40 shipping for $25 worth of pennies. Wondering if anyone has any insite on how to obtain boxed US Pennies? Can anyone walk into a bank and get US Pennies (New)?? I actually e-mailed a bank previously and they seemed to only deal with their customers and suggested I go to a Credit Union or similar type bank.

Anyways, I would be willing to pay a little over face value but I'm not paying 3X the value of the currency and add shipping on top of that.

Any help or information would be appreciated and again, there maybe a better group then this one to post this and if so, my apologies.

Do they have to be uncirculated?
Old April 27th 17, 07:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 10:01:56 AM UTC-3, Pocono wrote:
Hello.

Not at all......Any ideas?
Old April 28th 17, 08:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ruben Safir
external usenet poster

On 04/27/2017 02:33 PM, wrote:
On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 10:01:56 AM UTC-3, Pocono wrote:
Hello.

Not at all......Any ideas?

what is the melt value?