Unknown Film/TV Program/Literary Work.

Old September 8th 06, 04:01 AM posted to alt.movies,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Edward Hennessey

Default Unknown Film/TV Program/Literary Work.

I faintly recall a passage in what may have been a black and
white
film or program which I saw on late-night TV a decade ago that
may have some literary basis.

Basically, a man and a woman, both perhaps late twenties to early
thirties, had engaged in a long-distance epistolary exchange
which had turned hopefully romantic over time. Finally, a meeting
was arranged. Since pictures had never been sent, the woman
instructed the man that he would recognize her by a large flower
or other conspicous item. When the man disembarked at the (air or
train) terminal, he noticed a very, very plain lady prominently
positioned outside the gate wearing the telltale sign . After
some gifted body language circling around the concept of
ambiguous faltering and understandable nervousness, he approached
and engaged her in kind and gracious conversation. Suddenly,
after having spent some time contemplating the process, a decided
beauty emerged and interrupted the chat, warmly identifying
herself as his real correspondent.

The only further element in my recollection is that the actual
lady in waiting had her (not blonde) hair arranged in an
entiwined coiffure atop her head and ,perhaps, was wearing a
particolored, maybe floral, dress which may have been native to
the period from the later thirties to the early fifties.

I apologize for the obvious haziness of my account and would
kindly welcome any suggestions or references to other
unaddressed, viable Usenet groups which might prove helpful in
this identification.

Any thoughts on possible literary works that may be connected
would
also be appreciated.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Old September 8th 06, 04:08 AM posted to alt.movies,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
nobody

Edward Hennessey wrote:
was arranged. Since pictures had never been sent, the woman
instructed the man that he would recognize her by a large flower
or other conspicous item. When the man disembarked at the (air or
train) terminal, he noticed a very, very plain lady prominently
positioned outside the gate wearing the telltale sign

Kishor, S.I. "Appointment With Love."?

More details at:

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/rose.htm

Andrew Jr
Old September 8th 06, 12:19 PM posted to alt.movies,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
freemont

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 03:01:53 +0000, Edward Hennessey wrote:

[...]

I've no idea what the work is, but this may be the most beatifully written
request for assistance I've seen on usenet in a long, long time.

Regards,

freemont

--
"Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·- freemont© -·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
Old September 8th 06, 04:08 PM posted to alt.movies,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"freemont" wrote in message
news
[...]

It really is....and I saw this, long ago. IIRC, the "plain woman" was
a friend of the beauty, and it was a test to see if he would only
want her for her looks.

Kris

Old September 8th 06, 04:29 PM posted to alt.movies,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
fungod

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
m...

"freemont" wrote in message
news
[...]

Thanks for the heads up Tesla. The rest of us thought it was a test to see
if she'd go down on him on the platform.

Kris

Old September 9th 06, 04:16 AM posted to alt.movies,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Edward Hennessey

nobody wrote in message
Edward Hennessey wrote:
was arranged. Since pictures had never been sent, the woman
instructed the man that he would recognize her by a large

flower
or other conspicous item. When the man disembarked at the

(air or
train) terminal, he noticed a very, very plain lady

prominently
positioned outside the gate wearing the telltale sign

Kishor, S.I. "Appointment With Love."?

More details at:

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/rose.htm

Andrew Jr.:

I have a few words for you: dead, solid, perfect and thank you
very much.
You made part of my day. This is certainly the rootstock of the
program
I recall, eventhough I remain confident the lass dramatically
supplanted her
rose-bearing decoy in the dramatic scene which gripped my memory.

If you ever have translation puzzlements, please bring them to
sci.lang.translation so I may have the reciprocal opportunity to
insure they receive the attention you merit. Because our cadre
there is quite adept
at resolving our own issues, we are currently famished for
perplexing questions and yours would be welcomed.

Kind regards,

Edward Hennessey

Old September 9th 06, 04:43 AM posted to alt.movies,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Edward Hennessey

freemont wrote in message
news
[...]

Thank you so much for the gentility of your reply. Sometimes
there are happy accidents.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Old September 9th 06, 05:51 AM posted to alt.movies,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
Edward Hennessey

Kris Baker wrote in message
m...

"freemont" wrote in message
news
[...]

Thank you.

Even as this tableaux warms the sentiments, appended down on the
page Andrew Jr. ferreted out is a nice analysis worth reading.

Once he saw the drab
decoy, that the man's distracted and bitter disenchantment gives
leave to ready abandonment of his purportedly profound feelings
for the effigy of a special friendship seems to say more about
superficial fixation and smooth segues than it does about love.
You may find the hyperlinked word "rewrite" below the story also
worth a click.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Old September 9th 06, 08:36 PM posted to alt.movies,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
marika

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 23:01:53 -0400, Edward Hennessey
wrote:

I faintly recall a passage in what may have been a black and
white
film or program which I saw on late-night TV a decade ago that
may have some literary basis.

is this even remotely possible?
--

``It's a miracle!''--slinger

Old September 11th 06, 02:00 AM posted to alt.movies,rec.arts.books,rec.collecting.books
marika

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 23:08:59 -0400, nobody wrote:

Edward Hennessey wrote:
was arranged. Since pictures had never been sent, the woman
instructed the man that he would recognize her by a large flower
or other conspicous item. When the man disembarked at the (air or
train) terminal, he noticed a very, very plain lady prominently
positioned outside the gate wearing the telltale sign

Kishor, S.I. "Appointment With Love."?

More details at:

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/rose.htm

Andrew Jr

will always treasure all the things I have learned from that story --
legal and nonlegal. Honesty, courage of convictions, ethics and belief in
oneself.

Best Home Base Work Reynard Autographs 0 November 9th 04 09:09 PM
original quads vs. blanks- Evans-Gibson-Winnard go apeshit trippin28track 8 Track Tapes 10 September 7th 04 02:21 PM
GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY Books 0 August 29th 04 06:07 AM
Some Exotics #1 ~ South Kasai Rodney General Discussion 2 July 9th 04 05:20 AM
Why would a dealer offer an "unknown" signature? Bcoton Autographs 13 June 3rd 04 04:46 PM