Coins reported stolen (UK)

Old February 9th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Coins reported stolen (UK)

http://www.thecomet.net/content/come...A10%3A30%3A417

Old February 9th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In a recent message "stonej" wrote:

http://www.thecomet.net/content/come...A10%3A30%3A417

Interesting, and thank-you. The images have been lifted from my web site
without acknowledgement. While I am happy for others to use my own images,
due acknowledgement of the source is essential. After all, I own one of the coins,
and might be accused of possession of stolen property if I tried to sell it!

I am getting in touch with the newspaper concerned.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old February 9th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Re coins stolen

2 half sovs not a big hit but maybe for
a 1 horse town like Arlesey

and Tony I doubt very much you will accused of possession of stolen
property
as ebay is full of half sovs

and the paper is wrong H Sovs are not solid gold only 22ct
or 916th parts per 1000

yours

--
Michael @ www.worldwidecoins.co.uk
mirror site www.numismatic.biz

"stonej" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.thecomet.net/content/come...A10%3A30%3A417

Old February 10th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

And the Silver Churchill commemerative is .9999 pure silver, and not the
crappy 1965 Cu Ni Crown.

The report is so vague !.

"www.numismatic.biz / www.worldwidecoins.co.uk"
michael@NOspamnumismaticdotbiz wrote in message
Re coins stolen

2 half sovs not a big hit but maybe for
a 1 horse town like Arlesey

and Tony I doubt very much you will accused of possession of stolen
property
as ebay is full of half sovs

and the paper is wrong H Sovs are not solid gold only 22ct
or 916th parts per 1000

yours

--
Michael @ www.worldwidecoins.co.uk
mirror site www.numismatic.biz
World Banknotes & Coins
eBay http://members.ebay.co.uk/aboutme/worldwidecoins/

"stonej" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.thecomet.net/content/come...A10%3A30%3A417

Old February 10th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Tony Clayton" wrote in message
In a recent message "stonej" wrote:

http://www.thecomet.net/content/come...A10%3A30%3A417

Interesting, and thank-you. The images have been lifted from my web site
without acknowledgement. While I am happy for others to use my own

images,
due acknowledgement of the source is essential. After all, I own one of

the coins,
and might be accused of possession of stolen property if I tried to sell

it!

I am getting in touch with the newspaper concerned.

--

Tony, it looks like they removed any images from the newspaper article, if
that was what you were talking about.

Jonathan_ATC

Old February 10th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In a recent message "Jonathan_ATC" wrote:

"Tony Clayton" wrote in message
In a recent message "stonej" wrote:

http://www.thecomet.net/content/come...A10%3A30%3A417

Interesting, and thank-you. The images have been lifted from my web site
without acknowledgement. While I am happy for others to use my own

images,
due acknowledgement of the source is essential. After all, I own one of

the coins,
and might be accused of possession of stolen property if I tried to sell

it!

I am getting in touch with the newspaper concerned.

--

Tony, it looks like they removed any images from the newspaper article, if
that was what you were talking about.

They have been in touch in response to my complaint, with apologies - "we got the images
from a third party"

I have no problem with images being used in such cases, providing due
acknowledgment is made. A heading along the lines 'Coins similar to those stolen'
might have helped!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
http://www.coinsoftheuk.info
Sent using RISCOS on an Acorn Strong Arm RiscPC
.... Scotty! Beam me aboard! Aye sir! Will a 2x4 do?