looking for resto tips for my first juke, Rowe TI-2

Old June 25th 11, 12:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Cartouche

Default looking for resto tips for my first juke, Rowe TI-2

I picked up my first juke this week, an AMI/Rowe TI-2. I've restored
many video arcade games and done some minor pinball repairs, so I
believe I can fix it with some advice.

I ordered a new key and manual/parts list from Victory Glass to get
started. The front won't close and the back top service panel is
locked so I can't get into it yet.

So how should I do this? Start from the power cord and work my way
back, cleaning and replacing things that don't work?
Some observations:
1. Right now it powers up, the carousel spins if I move the rocker
switch to scan. When I make a selection, sometimes the carousel spins
and the 45 gets pulled. But usually nothing happens. When a record
does get pulled, it doesn't get placed exactly on the spindle, it's a
little off.
2. When I power down, there's some prolonged static from the left
speaker.

So what's step 2 after new key and manual? This is gonna be cool in
the basement, I already have picked out about 50 45's for it!

Thanks,
Marc
Old June 27th 11, 07:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

On 6/25/2011 7:41 AM, Cartouche wrote:
[...]

I don't know how to answer in 1,000 words or less so I'll be very basic.
Start reading the service manual, go over the theory of operation and
start from there. If it's a tube amp unplug it until it's rebuilt, you
may spend a fortune on the 4 output tubes. If it's the solid state amp,
well they aren't easy either. Check back with specifics after you know
the theory of operation and exactly what it does and doesn't do.

Tony
Old June 30th 11, 12:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Cartouche

Thanks for your reply, I guess my question was a bit open-ended, to
say the least!

Unfortunately, the key I received fits in the lock but will not turn -
looks like it's drill time.

I was surprised at how comprehensive the service manual is compared to
most arcade game manuals I've worked with. I'm going to work through
each step in the manual's theory of operation, testing and cleaning
components as I go.

Thanks again,
Marc

Old June 30th 11, 06:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Cartouche

Thanks for your response. I received the replacement key and
unfortunately it fits in the lock but will not turn - so it looks like
some drilling is in order.

I was surprised how detailed the service manual is compared to most
video games and older pins. I like how it's broken up into different
steps in the theory of operation, each with a schematic drawing.