Your favourite coins?

Old January 29th 04, 10:38 PM
The Silver Jar...

Default Your favourite coins?

Three questions...

1) What's you favourite all time coin?

2) What's the best US coin in your collection?

3) What's the best Foreign coin in your collection?

Sylvester.
Old January 30th 04, 02:35 AM
Scottishmoney

"The Silver Jar..." wrote in message
om...
Three questions...

1) What's you favourite all time coin?

1794 Large cent in VF

2) What's the best US coin in your collection?

1794 Large cent

3) What's the best Foreign coin in your collection?

EF David II )1329-1371 of Scotland Groat.

Dave

---

Old January 30th 04, 08:10 AM
Ami .

1) What's you favourite all time coin?

I like the design of the Buffalo nickel and Walking Liberty half

2) What's the best US coin in your collection?

An NGC MS 69 Buffalo dollar

3) What's the best Foreign coin in your collection?

I haven't ventured into foreign coins yet

Old January 30th 04, 08:41 AM
bw

"The Silver Jar..." wrote in message
om...
Three questions...

1) What's you favourite all time coin?

Seated Liberty Design

2) What's the best US coin in your collection?

1899 AU-50 Indian Head found in a small tin of misc junk at an auction

3) What's the best Foreign coin in your collection?

I like the Italians for some reason.

Sylvester.

Old January 30th 04, 01:25 PM
fonty

"The Silver Jar..." wrote in message
om...
Three questions...

1) What's you favourite all time coin?

For me it is a Indian head type $5.00 gold piece.

2) What's the best US coin in your collection?

It is going to be a 1882 Seated Liberty Half regular strike, if I can ever
find one

3) What's the best Foreign coin in your collection?

Susan B. Anthony Dollar ----Hahahahaha!!

Sylvester.

Old January 30th 04, 02:39 PM
Dale Hallmark

"The Silver Jar..." wrote in message
om...
Three questions...

1) What's you favourite all time coin?

One coin???? One of the early Greek coins with the woman's portrait facing
forward.
I don't own it and I don't remember the name but
I found it to be one of most attractive coins for me that I have ever seen.
My favorites to collect are Austrian Calendar Medals and Good Luck tokens.
My favorite US to collect at this time is the Washington Quarter series
1932-1998.

2) What's the best US coin in your collection?

By best do you mean expensive? Modern US Commemorative "Community Service"
By best do you mean attractive? Modern US Commemorative "Dolly Madison"
By best do you mean interesting? 1854-o half-dime that is holed and bent.

3) What's the best Foreign coin in your collection?

By best do you mean expensive? Unc Austrian doppelschilling 1932 "Joseph
Haydn"
By best do you mean attractive? UK 2002 1 OZ. Silver Britannia
By best do you mean interesting? 2003 25-Euro 700 Jahre Stadt Hall in Tirol
Bimetallic made with Niobium or the 2000 100-Schilling Die Kelten or the
Roman Denarius "Caracalla". or half a dozen others, Can't decide.

Old January 30th 04, 03:20 PM
Lyntoy1

1: Chain cent today, Small Eagle gold tomorrow, WL the next...

2: 1793 Half Cent, VG10 damaged

3: 25 Euro (Niobium)

Counterfeit detection primer -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 10 December 14th 03 09:54 PM
Counterfeit detection primer -- periodic post Jim Coins 19 November 17th 03 05:37 AM
US Territories and... Grandpa Coins 29 September 22nd 03 08:11 PM
Coin Talk Needs You Peter T Davis Coins 51 September 16th 03 01:19 AM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM