US mint website?

Old May 26th 04, 12:54 AM
Jon

Default US mint website?

Can anyone access it? I haven't been able to for three days.

Old May 26th 04, 01:00 AM
Bob Flaminio

http://www.usmint.gov/ comes up fine for me.

--
Bob

Old May 26th 04, 01:00 AM
Stujoe

In article , texasrocker1@cox-
internet.com says...
Can anyone access it? I haven't been able to for three days.

I go there often looking for press releases. Haven't had any problems. I
just went and it is up and fine for me.
--
Stujoe
Old May 26th 04, 02:07 AM
Jon

Doesn't make sense, I can't get there on either Netscape or IE. Had the
same problem a couple of weeks ago.

Old May 26th 04, 02:10 AM
Stujoe

In article , texasrocker1@cox-
internet.com says...
Doesn't make sense, I can't get there on either Netscape or IE. Had the
same problem a couple of weeks ago.

Firewall? Security settings? Didn't pay your taxes?

--
Stujoe
Old May 26th 04, 04:21 AM
Harv

"Jon" wrote in message
Doesn't make sense, I can't get there on either Netscape or IE. Had the
same problem a couple of weeks ago.

Then it's a routing problem between your ISP and the site you're trying to
reach. If neither browser can get there, it won't make any difference which
Browser you use.

Open a DOS window and type "ping usmint.gov" without the quotes..

If you get something like this..

C:\WINDOWSping usmint.gov

Pinging usmint.gov [208.45.143.104] with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 208.45.143.104:

Then you can reach the site from your ISP. If you can ping it, you should
be able to get it to load in a browser. Unless their Web site server is
down, which it isn't.

If you get a bunch of nothing and then a timeout, then there's a routing
problem. Call your ISP and ask them what's up..

You can also try "tracert usmint.gov" which will show you all the hops from
you to them. If it completes, then you're getting through. If it croaks
after some number of hops and starts sending "* * *" on each
line then there's a router down somewhere betwen you and them, about which
there's not an awful lot you can do.

Usually some geek somewhere figures it out after a while and suddenly it
starts working again..

Harv

Old May 26th 04, 10:51 PM
LAWRENCE TINGWALL

I have been checking it daily for the last week. Comes in fine.