help req: AMi Rowe CD100-E light control problem

Old November 3rd 08, 03:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Damian Parrino

Default help req: AMi Rowe CD100-E light control problem

Hello,

Last week I´ve got a Rowe CD100-E Laserstar jukebox, and it had all
the light bulbs burned out.

Today I began replacing the light bulbs one by one, and the lights
started to blink with the music, until I replaced another light bulb
and every light bulb shut down. (the jukebox was playing a song at
that time)

The power led in the Light Control Unit is on, but I don´t know what
happen. In the service menu the error report says "N WARN 14-06 02",
but since I´m a newbie in the jukebox stuff, I have no idea about
those error codes. There´s any error list available online?

Well, I hope that someone can help me with this issue,thanks in
advance!

greets from Argentina!
Damian
Old November 5th 08, 01:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kennyp2112

On Nov 3, 9:44*am, Damian Parrino wrote:
Hello,

Last week I´ve got a Rowe CD100-E Laserstar jukebox, and it had all
the light bulbs burned out.

Today I began replacing the light bulbs one by one, and the lights
started to blink with the music, until I replaced another light bulb
and every light bulb shut down. (the jukebox was playing *a song at
that time)

The power led in the Light Control Unit is on, but I don´t know what
happen. In the service menu the error report says "N WARN 14-06 02",
but since I´m a newbie in the jukebox stuff, I have no idea about
those error codes. There´s any error list available online?

Well, I hope that someone can help me with this issue,thanks in
advance!

greets from Argentina!
Damian

The warning means"CBA-2 control unit thinks the transport V1 cell is
blocked"
The "02" means it tried twice.

The probable causes according to the manual are
1. An object in transport covering V1 cell...basically you have
something stuck in your dollar bill changer
2.A defective transport
3.A defective CBA-2

I don't believe the 2 problems are related.

You may have shorted out the lights when you put in that new
bulb...perhaps the socket is bad.

Being new to this machine myself I would say buy the manuals ASAP. You
can get them on Ebay for appr. $30 and up. MAKE SURE YOU GET VOLUMES 1
AND 2.

Ken

Old November 5th 08, 08:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Damian Parrino

Hi Ken, thanks for your help.

I've some good news about the light bulbs issue:

The lamps I've got from the store were 12V / 2W instead of 12V / 1.2
W. So when I realized that, I went back to the store, bought some new
lamps (this time the right 12v 1.2w), replaced every lamp again and it
worked just fine.

I guess that those 0.8 watts in each bulb made quite a difference,
probably overloading the circuits.

About the other issue with the error code, my jukebox came without any
bill changer mechanism, so I've no idea why the juke complains about
it.

Finally, I followed your advice and bought the manuals (both volumes)
at ebay. I hope they arrive soon!

thanks again,
Damian

Old November 6th 08, 03:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kennyp2112

On Nov 5, 2:06*pm, Damian Parrino wrote:
[...]

Ken- Hide quoted text -

Was the error there when you bought the juke? Perhaps the previous
owner never cleared out the error codes.

Ken
Old November 7th 08, 02:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Damian Parrino

I guess you're probably right, when I've got the jukebox and switched
to Service Mode it said "ERROR EXISTS", even before I tried to replace
the lamp bulbs.

I'll clear the errors and see if it shows again.

regards,
Damian

Old November 7th 08, 11:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Nov 6, 6:06*am, Damian Parrino wrote:
Hi Ken, thanks for your help.

I've some good news about the light bulbs issue:

The lamps I've got from the store were 12V / 2W instead of 12V / 1.2
W. So when I realized that, I went back to the store, bought some new
lamps (this time the right 12v 1.2w), replaced every lamp again and it
worked just fine.

I guess that those 0.8 watts in each bulb made quite a difference,
probably overloading the circuits.

It would be the cause. I found in the past that connecting an
additional 8 bulbs to the flashing bulb DC supply was sufficient to
make an overload.

Note that the entire lamp flashing circuit has no connection
whatsoever to the computer etc, it cannot generate error codes, or
influence operation of the player etc. The only thing the computer
can do - is send it a mute signal to the lamp controller when no CD is
playing, this changes the lamp flash pattern depending on what the
switch setting are on the lamp control unit.

Note the lamp unit is the same as in the Eagle and they are
interchangeable.

[...]

WTB: Rowe CD100-B Remote Control/Transmitter [email protected] Juke Boxes 3 October 22nd 08 09:15 AM
Rowe ami cd100 paulbilly Juke Boxes 1 December 9th 06 02:01 PM
Will a display from a rowe cd100 fit a Rowe cd-51? BriMc Juke Boxes 1 January 23rd 05 01:46 AM
Rowe CD100 Help Jeff Baker Juke Boxes 3 October 6th 04 07:56 PM
Rowe CD100 Help Jeff Baker Juke Boxes 7 July 26th 04 05:17 PM