andys.soulbox

Old May 5th 08, 07:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default andys.soulbox

if he's selling fakes though, why would you offer him a deal on his
stuff? Even if a few things are good in your view, how could you be
sure with all the crap? Could be just a decent forgery; there are
plenty of decent forgeries around.

On Mon, 5 May 2008 10:09:02 -0700 (PDT), barefoot
wrote:

all strickler sells now is forgeries..maybe he was a stand up guy back
when, but he's not now.
sorry to say.

he's posted on this newsgroup, half ass defending himself...but he's
got problems. to be honest with you, i think that he knows he sells
fakes. i told him to double check his source (and i know who his
source is, and he doesn't sell real autographs either.) and he defends
them to the t...

he has another website where he steal images from wireimage and ap and
wherever else he can get them and talks celebrity gossip and then
throws in that people sign here and there, and uses the wireimage
shots to pretend that those autographs are going to him...it's a
crock! he's even posted pictures of me and my employees getting
autographs...he does it to other people too. and he posts some guy
getting autographs in bfe and posts stories of other people getting
autographs so he can lull the customer into thinking," this guy's got
his s@#$ together, he must be selling real stuff!" but he's not...he
gets the stuff from a forger and then sells them for what he thinks is
market value. ever notice he has all the hot new stuff, there's no
junk on there or anything? and if you're a dealer, you have lots of
junk- trust me. and he has plenty of the new and hot stuff, as well as
the expensive...MAGIC I SAY!
i offered him a deal on his stuff..he didn't respond...i showed where
celebrities themselves say that the stuff he offers is not legit...and
i posted what the autographs should look like in Many, Many
cases...nothing...all he said was that he didn't need to prove me
anything...but guess what, you do lon. because people are
listening...it won't be long before your sales fall off...and i love
thinking that you are pulling stuff from your website too. and i know
you are reading these, because you are having your secretary post on
here pretending to be a customer...amazing!!
he threatened to sue me AND cause me physical harm if i didn't shut my
mouth...none of these threats have come through. and i'm BEGGING him
to take me to court...he'll wind up in the slammer before the trial is
through...AND HE KNOWS IT!!!
ok, i'm gonna cut that one off...i can go on a rant and i'm sure i've
said enough. and there's people on here who hate my rants...so i'll
end it there..

Old May 5th 08, 07:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

no, no no...you should remember the deal...where i said i'll pick out
like 100 items and i'll send them to psa dna, Gai and spence (several
to each one) and if ANY of them passes, i'll pay for them...full
ticket value...but if they don't, he burns all his inventory because
it's all bad...could have made him thousands of dollars, quick...but
he didn't even respond.
mike

Old May 5th 08, 07:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Oh ok; I do remember that. The way it was phrased last post was you
made him a deal on his stuff.... and that was all you said (sounded
like you wanted to buy a lot of crap).

Old May 5th 08, 07:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

not at all...i wouldn't recommend him to anyone, not even to people i
don't like...
i do love how he used a secretary to come in and say all his stuff is
legit...it's probably him, he's already posted from 2 accounts as it
is.

Old May 5th 08, 10:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
northfield

On May 5, 2:47�pm, barefoot wrote:
not at all...i wouldn't recommend him to anyone, not even to people i
don't like...
i do love how he used a secretary to come in and say all his stuff is
legit...it's probably him, he's already posted from 2 accounts as it
is.

hi barefoot and Sue - I'm only saying that I have not heard bad things
about strickler from trusted people I know in this hobby. if he is
buying and reselling like many major dealers all do then I'm sure his
sources are sound. I do not work for him or his wife - his wife owns
the autograph business btw - they just use his name according to a
dealer here in nyc I have talked to. he mostly writes, appraises and
lectures all the time now. I used to post here years ago under name
'eastside' - I remember Sue from then. Sharon
Old May 5th 08, 11:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Well some say good and some say bad. We'd been over his site and I've
talked with Lon at length. The problem for me was the Harry Potter
and SW multi-signed posters which he admitted to buying elsewhere and
him selling them for so much when all the sigs were bad. He may know
sports but apparently, he's not well versed in these areas. That's
where I can definitively (not all the time but sometimes) tell you if
something is bad. I have no clue about anything other than those
items and a couple ify SW items he had (I told him about them at the
time).

It is possible he and a LOT (MOST of the dealers everywhere) trust
people who turn not so good. It happens. I've seen it happen with
older ones like Jungle Intrigue ... anyone remember them? Had a batch
in there some years ago that was bad. Also Tswee... who admitted to
buying bulk from people's collections. The result was him banking on
long time collectors who knew there stuff. But with any collections
(mine included) you will have a few odd items here and there not so
great (secretarials, forgeries etc).

I do not judge Strickler. I do NOT know if he's selling intentionally
or not. I talked to him and he seems like a nice guy. I know he's
got connections and his area of specialty it seems is sports. He
should stick with that. I always give people the benefit of the doubt.
But if people tell you and they know what they are talking about, then
maybe it's prudent to pay a little attention. So to keep selling stuff
after, well, it's kind of wrong. There my be disagreements; if he
feels the stuff is good, but someone says something is amiss, it's
simple in the Star Wars realm... simply email the actors and ask.
Sometimes they respond. Or contact a number of other Star Wars
collectors. I have names if interested, but was never asked by him
for other people to give their opinions. That would be the prudent
thing to do (get various opinions if something is in question). Maybe
not worth it on smaller stuff but on posters? Yes, In addition, the
person selling it to him if say is opinion to all the collectors to be
fraudulent, wouldn't that be something he should consider? I mean he
could get his money back, or he could disassociate from further deals
with them in the future....

Old May 6th 08, 05:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

he doesn't price, do lectures or appraise for anyone...
he tried to show us this place that he appraises through (a website)
and he checked the authenticity of ONE THING...and the customer wasn't
satisfied...but he uses that to say that ebay uses him to verify
authenticity more than psa dna.
he's a joke...and he's been lying to you for years...

and yes, you have posted before, and gave sharon as a salutation, but
the name at the top wasn't northfield, but it acvtually said
"strickler's sports."

Old May 6th 08, 06:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
northfield

wrote:
On May 5, 2:47?pm, barefoot wrote:
not at all...i wouldn't recommend him to anyone, not even to people i
don't like...
i do love how he used a secretary to come in and say all his stuff is
legit...it's probably him, he's already posted from 2 accounts as it
is.

hi barefoot and Sue - I'm only saying that I have not heard bad things
about strickler from trusted people I know in this hobby. �if he is
buying and reselling like many major dealers all do then I'm sure his
sources are sound. �I do not work for him or his wife - his wife owns
the autograph business btw - they just use his name according to a
dealer here in nyc I have talked to. �he mostly writes, appraises and
lectures all the time now. �I used to post here years ago under name
'eastside' - I remember Sue from then. �Sharon- Hide quoted text -

hi sue - thanks for answering, I can see that you are very sensible
when comes to the hobby and don't jump to conclusion like others who
really have no information about a person. have you talked to Lon or
by email? I don't know maybe sometimes it's easier to understand by
talking to a person - he has very good knowledge of vintage and
classic signatures and documents. as far as current autographed items
I really don't have much insight as to what strickler sells though I
have seen his website. I'm sure if anyone really wanted to find out
about him there are surely many hobby references.
Old May 6th 08, 06:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
northfield

On May 6, 12:08�am, barefoot wrote:
he doesn't price, do lectures or appraise for anyone...
he tried to show us this place that he appraises through (a website)
and he checked the authenticity of ONE THING...and the customer wasn't
satisfied...but he uses that to say that ebay uses him to verify
authenticity more than psa dna.
he's a joke...and he's been lying to you for years...

and yes, you have posted before, and gave sharon as a salutation, but
the name at the top wasn't northfield, but it acvtually said
"strickler's sports."

hi barefoot - you say you know something about authentication and
recognizing signatures. please don't take this the wrong way but how
can you make a absolute determination on any signature by simply
looking at an image? have you purchased from strickler? do you have
examples you can prove with exemplars? what training have you had to
make any judgement other than going up to a person and asking for a
signature? what are your credentials in the hobby? everything I have
read from the past postings you are accused of taking signed items
from a former employer and that you sell at some booth at frank &
sons in industry city. do you have a business license (well no, you
couldn't get one that's why you're in industry city), a tax number,
declare income or even pay taxes? you post on a usenet group that has
just over 200 members and you think you are dictating to the
'autograph hobby world'. I think you may just think you are a bit
more important than you really are - just my thoughts. Sharon