andys.soulbox

Old May 5th 08, 05:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black[_2_]

Default andys.soulbox

"Timmy" wrote in message
. ..
Authentic? Get your items checked by a professional! I'd be willing to
bet if you sent your items from him to PSA/DNA, GAI, James Spence, and
Rogger Epperson, I'd bet they'd fail at each place. FYI, Strickler Sports
used to be a UACC member but now it appears they are no longer. I guess
it's time for Lon to start coming up with some smear campaign for the UACC
to justify his lack of membership status.

Sending items to JSA is a complete waste of time if you have been keeping up
with the press about them.

PSA is questionable at best, and GAI might dissapear for good one day

Old May 5th 08, 07:47 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
northfield

On May 4, 10:11�pm, "Mr Black" wrote:
"northfield" wrote in message

On May 4, 1:13?pm, "bob catz" wrote:

You mean Strickler Autographs? ?His stuff is authentic.

"barefoot" wrote in message

suem did you put strickler on your xlist?
m- Hide quoted text -

strickler been getting signatures a longtime. �nice guy. �did lot's of

shows in the 70's and 80's. �his wife is an agent - used to work for
william morris agrncy. NF

......and out of curiosity, would you be his wife, or an employee, posing as
a collector?

MrB

hi MrB - no, I have known Lon a longtime though through collecting.
he's always been upfront with me. I live in nyc and used to see him a
lot when he was healthy - he is disabled - saw him at a sport
convention in nj about one year ago and he was using an electic chair
to get around. he was with some old ballplayers brooks robinson and
another guy from the yankees I think. his wife used to work for
william morris and is still an attorney. Sharon
Old May 5th 08, 07:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
northfield

"barefoot" wrote in message

suem did you put strickler on your xlist?
m- Hide quoted text -

strickler been getting signatures a longtime. �nice guy. �did lot's of

shows in the 70's and 80's. �his wife is an agent - used to work for
william morris agrncy. NF

......and out of curiosity, would you be his wife, or an employee, posing as
a collector?

MrB

hi MrB - no, I have known Lon a longtime though through collecting.
he's always been upfront with me. Â*I live in nyc and used to see him a
lot when he was healthy - he is disabled - saw him at a sport
convention in nj about one year ago and he was using an electic chair
to get around. Â*he was with some old ballplayers brooks robinson and
another guy from the yankees I think. Â*his wife used to work for
william morris and is still an attorney. Sharon- Hide quoted text -

oh sorry - his wife is named Bernie (Bernice?) - not me. Sharon
Old May 5th 08, 12:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black[_2_]

"barefoot" wrote in message

[...]

Sharon, so you are telling me you dont work for him?
Because I have one of your posts to the newsgroup coming from username
"stricklercelebs" at the following email address....

????????????????

MrB

Old May 5th 08, 02:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
northfield

"barefoot" wrote in message

[...]

hi MrB - i was on talk collecting usenet and tried to cut & paste
something strickler posted there on this board but it got screwed up.
I deleted and wrote over - I don't understand how the email got in the
header like that. Sharon
Old May 5th 08, 03:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black[_2_]

"barefoot" wrote in message

[...]

............yeah...................nor do i

Old May 5th 08, 03:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Very true. My problem lies in the very good dealer who has good stuff
that starts getting sloppy or perhaps just greedy and then starts
buying things willy nilly and then turning it around without even
looking for it's authenticness and selling it to the general public
(and at absurd prices to boot). We cannot as consumers stand for it.
Posters for 1200-1900 bucks all forgeries? Hell no.

On Sun, 4 May 2008 22:09:09 -0500, "Gummby3"
wrote:

Maybe Strickler did buy some fakes in lots. Anybody that collects
autographs, unless you get EVERY one of them in person, has gotten a
bad apple in their collection at one point or another. If they say
that they haven't they are either 1) lying or 2) in denial. Again,
not to beat a dead horse, but the same question pops into my mind when
these "professionals" are brought up: Who authenticates the
authenticators? Since these people did not see the item signed
themselves, they are only guessing and taking people's money for
giving a 50/50 answer. It makes me think of those carnies that take
money to guess your weight... they might be right by approximating
weight by appearance or they might be wrong. These "authenticators"
are doing no more and no less. They state their opinion by comparing
to other examples, but everybody's signatures varies by day, year or
circumstance. I have convention-signed autographs by some celebs that
don't match examples on Autograph World and other reputable dealers,
but I have proof that the item was signed. Why were they different?
By the final day of a 3-day con and several hundred people, your
signature will not even look exactly like it did on the first day. :-)

Old May 5th 08, 03:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I saw that too. Said their email...

Old May 5th 08, 06:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

all strickler sells now is forgeries..maybe he was a stand up guy back
when, but he's not now.
sorry to say.

he's posted on this newsgroup, half ass defending himself...but he's
got problems. to be honest with you, i think that he knows he sells
fakes. i told him to double check his source (and i know who his
source is, and he doesn't sell real autographs either.) and he defends
them to the t...

he has another website where he steal images from wireimage and ap and
wherever else he can get them and talks celebrity gossip and then
throws in that people sign here and there, and uses the wireimage
shots to pretend that those autographs are going to him...it's a
crock! he's even posted pictures of me and my employees getting
autographs...he does it to other people too. and he posts some guy
getting autographs in bfe and posts stories of other people getting
autographs so he can lull the customer into thinking," this guy's got
his s@#$ together, he must be selling real stuff!" but he's not...he
gets the stuff from a forger and then sells them for what he thinks is
market value. ever notice he has all the hot new stuff, there's no
junk on there or anything? and if you're a dealer, you have lots of
junk- trust me. and he has plenty of the new and hot stuff, as well as
the expensive...MAGIC I SAY!
i offered him a deal on his stuff..he didn't respond...i showed where
celebrities themselves say that the stuff he offers is not legit...and
i posted what the autographs should look like in Many, Many
cases...nothing...all he said was that he didn't need to prove me
anything...but guess what, you do lon. because people are
listening...it won't be long before your sales fall off...and i love
thinking that you are pulling stuff from your website too. and i know
you are reading these, because you are having your secretary post on
here pretending to be a customer...amazing!!
he threatened to sue me AND cause me physical harm if i didn't shut my
mouth...none of these threats have come through. and i'm BEGGING him
to take me to court...he'll wind up in the slammer before the trial is
through...AND HE KNOWS IT!!!
ok, i'm gonna cut that one off...i can go on a rant and i'm sure i've
said enough. and there's people on here who hate my rants...so i'll
end it there..

Old May 5th 08, 06:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and a word on authentication.
sure, those companies all have their problems and some collectors all
have a problem with them..but at least something is being done to
clean up the hobby. this and actually getting the autograph yourself
is the only thing we got. slam it all you want, but it's better out
there than it once was.

and, if you have 1000+ items and NONE of them pass from the different
authenticators, wouldn't that raise a flag...cause that's what happens
at strickler's...to the point that he puts on his website that he
won't accept returns from any of the authentication houses unless it's
one of his (there's only one, him, he just masks different
names)...and every time one of the authentication houses makes a
mistake, he's quick to rub their noses in it...BUT EVERYTHING
STRICKLER SELLS IS A MISTAKE!!!THEY ARE ALL FAKES..

sorry, getting off my soapbox now!.
m,