andys.soulbox

Old May 2nd 08, 05:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default andys.soulbox

Oh, forgot to mention, he may also be using the ID lookinold so be
careful of that too.
Old May 4th 08, 03:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

suem did you put strickler on your xlist?

Old May 4th 08, 01:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

No, he does not fit the system requirements that I use.

Old May 4th 08, 06:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
bob catz

You mean Strickler Autographs? His stuff is authentic.

Old May 5th 08, 12:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
northfield

"barefoot" wrote in message

suem did you put strickler on your xlist?
m- Hide quoted text -

strickler been getting signatures a longtime. nice guy. did lot's of
shows in the 70's and 80's. his wife is an agent - used to work for
william morris agrncy. NF
Old May 5th 08, 03:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

He does have some bad items I am afraid though... Looks like he may
have taken them down as I couldn't find them last time but not sure.

Old May 5th 08, 03:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black[_2_]

"barefoot" wrote in message

suem did you put strickler on your xlist?
m- Hide quoted text -

strickler been getting signatures a longtime. nice guy. did lot's of

shows in the 70's and 80's. his wife is an agent - used to work for
william morris agrncy. NF

This may be true, but he has stocked a few questionable graphs in the past.
I guess he needs to review his wholesale sources

Old May 5th 08, 03:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black[_2_]

"barefoot" wrote in message

suem did you put strickler on your xlist?
m- Hide quoted text -

strickler been getting signatures a longtime. nice guy. did lot's of

shows in the 70's and 80's. his wife is an agent - used to work for
william morris agrncy. NF

.......and out of curiosity, would you be his wife, or an employee, posing as
a collector?

MrB

Old May 5th 08, 03:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Timmy

Authentic? Get your items checked by a professional! I'd be willing to bet
if you sent your items from him to PSA/DNA, GAI, James Spence, and Rogger
Epperson, I'd bet they'd fail at each place. FYI, Strickler Sports used to
be a UACC member but now it appears they are no longer. I guess it's time
for Lon to start coming up with some smear campaign for the UACC to justify
his lack of membership status.

.. .

Old May 5th 08, 04:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

Maybe Strickler did buy some fakes in lots. Anybody that collects
autographs, unless you get EVERY one of them in person, has gotten a
bad apple in their collection at one point or another. If they say
that they haven't they are either 1) lying or 2) in denial. Again,
not to beat a dead horse, but the same question pops into my mind when
these "professionals" are brought up: Who authenticates the
authenticators? Since these people did not see the item signed
themselves, they are only guessing and taking people's money for
giving a 50/50 answer. It makes me think of those carnies that take
money to guess your weight... they might be right by approximating
weight by appearance or they might be wrong. These "authenticators"
are doing no more and no less. They state their opinion by comparing
to other examples, but everybody's signatures varies by day, year or
circumstance. I have convention-signed autographs by some celebs that
don't match examples on Autograph World and other reputable dealers,
but I have proof that the item was signed. Why were they different?
By the final day of a 3-day con and several hundred people, your
signature will not even look exactly like it did on the first day. :-)

--

Mike
Gummby3

"Timmy" wrote in message
. ..
Authentic? Get your items checked by a professional! I'd be
willing to bet if you sent your items from him to PSA/DNA, GAI,
James Spence, and Rogger Epperson, I'd bet they'd fail at each
place. FYI, Strickler Sports used to be a UACC member but now it
appears they are no longer. I guess it's time for Lon to start
coming up with some smear campaign for the UACC to justify his lack
of membership status.

"bob catz" wrote in message
.. .
You mean Strickler Autographs? His stuff is authentic.