Sue....

Old March 23rd 08, 06:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

Default Sue....

i will if you insist...
but here's what i'm pointing out...
1) 3 different people with the A on the same slant, at about the same
size.
2) all 3 of them have that little loop when the a moves on into the
second letter at precisely the same spot and also at the same size...

it's pretty obvious that these are all the same handwriting...

then, look at the other stuff i said...about how just about everyone
knows that orlando bloom hasn't signed a full name signature since
lotr 2, but magically this guy has a full name on a POTC photo...just
not possible.
i can't remember the others...but i'm sure i'll find more QUICKLY.
mike

Old March 23rd 08, 06:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

oh, and i love how everyone else is at fault BUT strickler...
people have asked him to stop posting their stuff for a long time...

things are adding up strickler.

Old March 23rd 08, 06:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and i am trying to ruin someone's business...i'm daring him to make me
come to court on this.

Old March 23rd 08, 06:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

i'll start moving on...

1) link from autographworld...eastwood
http://www.signaturepieces.com/aucti...g.asp?item=314

2) link from strickler - eastwood
http://pages.stricklersports.com/898...923230307.html

3)link from autographworld. (matt damon)
http://www.autographworld.com/origin...g.asp?item=133

4) link from strickler's- damon
http://pages.stricklersports.com/898...923230318.html

now, you can raise the argument that over time, autographs change...
and this is true, but.

the damons...
stricklers is from bourne ultimatum- a world's is from the departed.
both similar dates in signatures.

so here...here's another damon from starbrite autographs
http://www.starbriteautographs.com/p...att-damon.aspx..

it's much older (from bourne supremacy) and it's right on the money
with the one from a world...

i can keep going...unless anyone is bored.

Old March 23rd 08, 06:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

oh, and sue, i wasn't pointing anything at you...i don't even know
what you have to do with this subject. sorry if you think i'm
implicating you with anything...

Old March 23rd 08, 09:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Most of these autograph dealers are selling questionable autographs
when it comes to the A list celebrities.
Even on sites that everyone seems to regard highly, like AutographPros
and AutographWorld, one has to wade through a mile of rubbish and the
only signatures to be trusted are the ones on personal checks and
contracts.
AutographWorld used to put up a new Jodie Foster signed photo every
week. Were they living with her?

On Mar 23, 9:31*am, barefoot wrote:
i'll start moving on...

1) link from autographworld...
2) link from strickler -

Old March 23rd 08, 09:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I agree with that. And you can't just "take" them; you have to ask
first.

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:37:20 -0500, "Lee Cochenour"
wrote:

"Sue H" wrote in message
.. .
I think strictler's sports is on a link on my site... . If there are
forgeries, I wouldn't have it there. I don't appreciate people saying
I help people sell forgeries...... so don't start a war with me.
PS I don't want to hear about him using wire images photos. that's
not proof of anything other than he borrowed images (though I would
urge under the wire image photos and any other photos he borrowed,, to
say what it is or where it came from as that's the right thing to do).

Well, it isn't just the right thing to do, it is the legal thing to
do. The problem wih Strickler's site is that he continues to post
copywritten material without giving credit to where he is copying it from. I
don't mind people posting the information that I come up with as long as it
is attributed back to my site. It just isn't right when others post it as
their own.

Lee
The Celebrity Book Signings & Events Site
http://www.geocities.com/leecoke/

Old March 23rd 08, 09:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Listen, I agree with Lee and you. First, you are right; he's not got
a copyright on it. HOWEVER... he puts in a lot of time and effort to
do that for people (like I do a lot on my site and others do on
theirs) and for someone to copy it and then just not give credit is
pretty sad. It's not the neighborly way of doing things. You should
ask firt. I have a link to his site on mine. But it goes directly to
him... I don't just copy and paste.

Someone did ask me the other day if they could copy my convention info
down. I guess not in a way though I was divided. I mean I put all
that work in. They graciously said I could take theirs too (no time
though for it) and it's for the benefit of all which is correct. So
that was the right thing to do. Remember though; do it for the right
reasons. Not because you want to have the only site people come to
etc. taht's selfish. It should be for all the collectors. At times
though I feel like throwing in the towel too because of all the crap
going on.

Personally, people should have their OWN website ideas and not copy
info from anyone. If you can't come up with your own deal, don't do
one.

Gee whiz

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 11:55:35 -0500, "medieval"
wrote:

Lee...book signing dates are PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE and not copyright worthy. I
wish you'd get off of the soapbox and stop crying the blues. Besides,
there are several references other than your site. I would have been more
than happy to place a link on my site to your website if you wouldn't have
acted high and mighty and INSISTED on the recognition from the beginning.

Old March 23rd 08, 09:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Sometimes it's hard to know which things are responded to. Part of it
is my own fault as when I am done with posts, I delete them so can't
follow the thread if the messages above are taken out by the poster
(as ni the case here). I can't keep all the threads; it's just too
much to sift through; I spend too much time on here as is.

Glad it wasn't me. I don't have time to analyze yet. But seems others
are upset too by this as I got another email. I'll probably just
remove links to avoid the crap.

Old March 23rd 08, 09:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

They do have a lot of the same ones up a lot. Maybe nobody bought it
and it's for sale again. Who knows. Till proof of wrongdoing, they
are the best as far as I am concerned.

I've bought most of my stuff I've ever bought with them (them and Mick
from MSPG and Autographica).