JAMES SPENCE BUSTED!!!!

Old November 21st 07, 02:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

Default JAMES SPENCE BUSTED!!!!

what's obnoxious, sue, is watching you post on EVERY post. get a
life!!!
other than that, i mean no foul.

Old November 21st 07, 02:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

On Nov 20, 8:18 pm, barefoot wrote:
what's obnoxious, sue, is watching you post on EVERY post. get a
life!!!
other than that, i mean no foul.

lets all be friends here. it's the holidays. lets all put the past
in the past. we are all here cause we love the autograph hobby. sue
you make great posts and so does barefoot. both of you in one way or
another made the hobby of autographs so much more fun for me. thank
you both and everyone else who has made posts. lets just make peace
for holiday season.
Old November 21st 07, 03:01 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

i honestly believe that sue has NEVER helped you in any capacity. not
ever. she doesn't help collectors...she hinders them. she tells them
they have no idea what they are talking about and talks down to
everyone. she lies..
i hope someone spit in her her turkey.

Old November 21st 07, 03:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

again...i doubt sue could ever help you...unless you need to know who
the best boy grip was on empire strikes back.
or, unless you want a bunch of false friends who will email you at a
moment's notice, but they are all sue...
hope someone spits on her turkey.

Old November 21st 07, 03:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

You are speaking to a blank wall; your intentions are noble. I've
tried this myself. He can't learn and doesn't seem to want to.
Either that or he's totally clueless. But everyone here has tried a
million times to give him constructive criticism and he either doesn't
want it or can't get it. Either way, after all this time, I fear this
is in vain. Good luck though.

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 00:47:05 GMT, "Gummby3"
wrote:

Chill. I'm simply making constructive criticism to try and help you meld more with group you claim to want to be a part of. There is no "half full" here at all. You, in fact, made the statement that "no one cared" as that it was a fact. Who are you to say what is of "no value"? How can someone NOT read something that? It is a blatant blanket statement. An item's value is ENTIRELY relative to that individual collector. A price guide and an "authenticator's" prices are nothing more than a recommended suggestion. Nothing more.

1) A true collector doesn't really care about the value of an item.
2) A true collector is more interested in the memories associated with the item.
3) A true collector would really only be interested in a value for insurance purposes.
4) A true collector knows that an item is ultimately only worth what the next person is willing to pay for it.

Listen. I simply made a friendly suggestion to help get this group out of the crapper and back to being something worth logging into again. I'm sorry that you are unable to take help when it's offered. I'm sorry that you have to lash out to someone trying to communicate with you civilly. I have never attacked you and, as I have previously stated, have gone out of my way to defend you on this group when you were attacked unnecessarily. It's apparent that trying to communicate with you civilly is not going to be easy. I'm sure that you have knowledge, but it's outside of the main consensus of this group, TTM & general autograph collecting, which causes arguments when you speak out of your realm of exact knowledge. You admit that you only get autographs for resell. Other than IP examples, you have no grounds of focus in regards to actually collecting the items as a hobby.

Before you come back, make sure that you have actually read this email and not skimmed over it. I have not bad-mouthed you in any way. I have not put you down. I have not accused you of anything. I fully expect to not have a retaliatory response to this and there was nothing to warrant it.

This group needs to get back to what it was created for: the discussion of COLLECTING autographs.

Old November 21st 07, 03:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Stop bringing ME into arguments you have with others. I am sick of it
Mike and I am telling you now if you persist, I'll take it to another
level. What you are not getting, is people are sick of you because
your personality and writing style sucks. You have nothing good to
add; you are nasty to people and you think you are better than
everyone else. NOBODY appreciates that behavior.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:11:49 -0800 (PST), barefoot
wrote:

actually. i have never stated that i get autographs JUSt for
resale...in fact...i'm pretty sure i have a larger collection than
just about every person here...but for only one reason, more
opporitunity.
and like i said, this arguing with sue must've gotten to people to
think that everytime i say something, there's ulterior (sp?)
motive...there really isn't.
i do agree with you that a totally true collector doesn't care about
value...it's mostly true. there are no memories associated with
purchasing an autograph. unless it's from a "i saw him play once" type
of memory and something that adds to the memory.
and i do understand that you were trying to keep up the "niceness"
factor, and i held my tongue..but like i said, if you had never seen
the arguments that me and sue have (she has no couth, she's a sour
person in general) you wouldn't have read the comment as mean, but
more as an example. it truly is a valueless autograph to use in this
type of arrangement (the jim spence getting busted thing) and to
further note that it was just an example, i put why. because every one
of the authentication houses woudn't have exemplars for what would
seem to be an unnecessary resource. i further went in that i would be
willing to bet that every authentication house would have been
"caught" in this instance because of the no exemplar thing. and i said
that because of this, spence's people should have just simply said "we
don't have an exemplar for this and can not authenticate this one way
or another." but been the good sport and given the people their money
back. but greed set in and they thought that it was a simple thing and
that because sal bando is a valueless autograph, no one would bother
to forge a $5 autograph.
but like i said, since i fight with sue (because i'm the only one who
will stand up to her controlling ass!!!) you stopped at the comment
thinking i'm trying to make a dig at someone. which i wasn't. and
that's where the problem lies.
sue's lied and argued with me so much, that it permeates on stuff that
is a REAL help or a really good item. i guess i should just stop
arguing with her lying ass...

i do apologize for whatever misgivings the posts have made at you, or
if you think i was making a dig at someone...but i really wasn't..and
i do appreciate your help and the positive comments.

Old November 21st 07, 03:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

PS I don't EVER lie and this is really ****ing my ass off. At this
point, I will have to deal with this after my other crap, but make no
mistake, you have gone over the line here and I will definately deal
with this.

Old November 21st 07, 03:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I'll keep posting to every damned post if I want to. And you are NO
BETTER. Worst of all, is you keep bringing names up (not just me
either) in other arguments you have. I for one am sick of your crap.
You DO mean foul... you are the overaged male living in the parents
basement going to school for many many years because you can't hold a
job. You have no friends which is why you spend all your time on this
group. You are on here all times of the day and every day which makes
me believe you are even lying about school. You harrass everyone.
you act "superior" because in fact you feel inferior. You know you
are otherwise you'd BE something other than a nasty person.

Old November 21st 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

no one has any problems with my behavior except you...PLEASE TAKE THIS
TO THE NEXT LEVEL..HURRY UP...because you lie constantly, and i'm
pretty sure, the next level would be for me to level slander charges
against you...and i haven't done that...you are a loser and everyone
hates you...how does that song go? go eat some worms...
what you don't seem to get, NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY....NO
ONE...please tell us more about your imaginary friends.

Old November 21st 07, 03:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

In all of the years that I have read your posts, all I have read is that you
get autographs for the purpose of selling them. Unless I just missed it, I
have never read that you even fathomed the idea of a personal collection.
Your posts have always seemed to come across as an IP accumulator/reseller
only. Maybe if you started posting along a collector's POV, then maybe that
would help with how you're perceived here.

As for Sue, I have not mentioned her in either of the last two messages
addressed to you in the group. I am an individual and base my posts on my
own thoughts and/or opinions and in response to messages posted within the
group. I felt that your post was a blanket statement and said so. Neither
Sue nor anyone else is holding my hand letting me know what to type. I do
agree that both of you need to bring your ****ing contest to an end. It's
detrimental to the group and for any chance of it rising above what the
group is capable of right now.

It has been stated by many on here that you and Sue only agree on
disagreeing. You perceive Sue's posts as being controlling. Sue perceives
your posts as being the end-all/be-all of discussions. Maybe both of you
need to alter your individual post content.

*Sue, your efforts of trying to help new collectors is admirable. With that
said, neither of us (I'm assuming in your case) had people right there to
hold our hands in the beginning. I know that I had to get some burns and
bloody noses in learning the ropes of the hobby. I did get help as time
went on, but I sought it out. In return, that's why I created my site to
return the favor. Even then, the collectors come to me to seek out the
help.

*Mike, you honestly need to stop making broad blanket statements as if they
are fact. That is the biggest bur in my saddle. Altering your approach
would help. Instead of saying "nobody likes him", you can say "I personally
don't think he's worth it" or "his autograph is worthless", say "his
autograph would really only have value to fans". It's not that difficult to
use tact. I honestly feel that a good amount of the disagreements would not
be here if your messages did not appear to come across as total fact instead
of that of assistance and general discussion.

Finally, you are completely mistaken about the memories aspect. A true
collector does not buy an autograph just because it's there. There has to
be at least some small aspect to the autograph that attracts a person to it.
A celeb was on a favorite TV show, starred in a favorite movie, sang a great
song or was an athlete on a favorite team or made history. Otherwise, these
people are nothing more than an autograph hounds trying to add just another
bone to his/her dish. That is NOT a true collector. That is nothing more
than an amasser. Buying it just because it's there is not collecting. It
is gobbling up items in the slim chance that it might go up in value. Buy
stocks instead.

--

Mike
Gummby3