Ebay follow up

Old November 1st 07, 01:31 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default Ebay follow up

Mike, are you manic depressive or schitzophrenic? I am seriously
wondering. Trust me, if I had anything to say to you, I'll say it
right under my own screen name. Nothing about you worries or scares
me and I don't need to hide. Seriously, you are WAY delusional on
this one.

On 31 Oct 2007 15:36:44 -0700, barefoot
wrote:

yes, and look right at it...
it's all sue, and you and a bunch of people that post here once,
disappear and pop up again with other fake names that post once and
disappear...but the first several are from YOU...so saying that it's a
plethora, is ludicrous...it's just you and your friends and sues fake
names...(oh, and the fake names are so ridiculous, they tried to make
it close to my nickname as well).. but nice try...
and i don't think i've done enough business through hollywoodstuffs to
get a rating at all. i know what you are saying...but i've never had a
complaint...wouldn't someone at least call and tell me someone has
complained? cause i've only had 28 transactions through that business
in the year or so that i've been running it. and of 28, 28 people got
their stuff in more than reasonable time...but whatever...like i said,
anyone can complain...
sorry mr. b, but this doesn't go to far to keep me from thinking you
are just sue's sock...

Old November 1st 07, 01:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Actually, it's only three people right now, but you've had a LOT of
problems in the past. I do recall PE2 and several others getting into
it with you. It's not us three against you. What you don't
understand is when you post, you MAKE people be nasty to you. You
antagonize people, accuse them of stuff that's not even remotely true
or possible and you name call, and you continue, time and again, to
promote stuff where nobody will EVER listen. You have been far too
tainted for a long time.

Last year early on, I tried to turn it around. I tried to calmly
point to areas you might consider changing and how you talk to people.
I was EXTEMELY nice to you. I think it was like one or two posts you
made and I even did the parent-child thing which is called "positive
reinforcement" where I actually complimented you on a couple nice
posts. But then you did it again... you started acting like you were
the be all and end all of the subject, trying to be right, not arguing
calmly and then it went to hell in a handbag.

The Paul started a group and another group formed with Dennis and all
was happy because nobody was posting here. You seemed to vanish. I
thought maybe you had time after many months to think about things and
maybe grow up. So I posted here a few times and have been back, and
some posts are finally being made... but now, you are upsetting it all
again, causing problems. I guess it's time for us all to leave again
and leave you here alone. I notice not many post but when Mr. B,
Gummby or I post, people do respond, which is what we need; so we tend
to post more than others. It's trying to be proactive and keeping the
hobby alive. You seem to be trying to kill it.

If anyone wants to joint Dennis/Chips group or Pauls, please email and
I'll send you the links. We welcome new people. We have some very
basic rules 1) NO flaming/arguments. One warning is given then you are
plonked (arguments take to personal email) 2) you post the addresses
and don't just lurk 3) we have to know who you are and verify it so
we don't end up with certain problem children. That's it. Other than
that, it's a FANTASTIC bunch of people and to be honest, both have
been around over a year (almost two) and we only had one tiny thing
happen and that is it! That was settled within one day and all the
people are polite, kind and do post addresses and help.

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:14:24 -0700, barefoot
wrote:

IT'S JUST YOU...AND HIM...there's been several posts, like i said,
from fake people...and it's probably the same person...which means
IT'S THREE PEOPLE...that's not a lot...that's one person who trys to
control the board and is always right, her little defender and some
idiot who posts just to make me mad...i'm 90% sure i know who it is
because everytime i see this person out getting autographs, he makes
fun of me for the argument...
so if you'd actually listen to people, and stop trying to be the
controller, there wouldn't be arguments and 90 post threads with the
same argument over and over again...

and actually, on the BBB thing..i have no idea why i would even have a
rating at all...i don't know how to get listed or how someone has
filed a complaint...in fact, the business is so new that i've asked
customers if i could use their quotes for the fantastic service that i
give and the quick turnaround and they've all said yes and given me
direct quotes (now that's not everyone though, some people just tell
me "got the package, thanks." and that's it. but there are some who
are willing to let me use their names and cities they are from.) what
about those people, do the good things outweigh the bad, or do we all
just focus on the bad. and like i said, i haven't gotten a complaint
yet...i don't even have that large of a customer base on that
website..
nuff!

Old November 1st 07, 01:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:42:58 -0700, Renee'
wrote:

You mentioned search... eBay just instituted a new search that severely
penalizes sellers who don't specify a S/H amount by putting their items at
the bottom of search. Additionally, they will soon be implementing a policy
that will put sellers with low FB and star ratings lower in search. These
are pro-buyer policies.

I didn't know that about the new search and S/H policy. I'm going to
have to read up on that. The problem I have with that is that
sometimes we have to put the S/H in the description because eBay does
not offer all shipping options available. For instance, I send
magazines by Bound Printed Matter because it's less expensive for the
buyer (and most who buy magazines appreciate that) but eBay doesn't
recognize it. So, my listing says "other, see description for
details". Does that mean my listing will be at the bottom?

Gee, I don't know that, but guess maybe the other person can answer
that. Intersting question. I can say one thing about printed
material/media mail. If they ask you at the post office what's in
there and you say magazines or whatever and a sales reciept, did you
know they might refuse to let you mail it media mail etc? Yep! I had
to pay full price shipping on lots of DVD's etc before because I said
I packed nothing else in there except the sales receipt and they said
that I couldn't mail it that way! Amazing huh? So don't ever say
that. LOL

I do admit, there is one new feature I like. It's a total with
shipping feature and on your "My Ebay" summary, it lists the shipping
now too. It's a good "at a glance" thing to compare. You can also
search by lowest price or highest including shipping. I like that. I
do see a lot of people not putting shipping still. I had NO idea they
were being penalized for that. Could you expound on the penalty? I
appreciate you educating me and the group. They continually change,
so it's hard to keep up with all of it. I get email updates etc like
everyone else but really I could do a hundred Ebay emails a day easily
with bidding, outbidding, watches, ending soon, new favorites dealers
listed and all that. Plus their regular spam.

Wow, I haven't even noticed that feature, either! I'd better spend
some time catching up!

So this new thing with the low feedback is a good idea. I won't look
at anyone below 99% usually. However, there's a problem with that
too. If someone only has a feedback of 10 and ONE feedback is unjust
and bad, that rating is VERY low. So that can't be 100% good for
those people or buyers disregarding them not thinking about that
possibility. Seems everything Ebay does has some negativity attached
to it. I understand it's hard. But you now saying they will do this
is really the first CUSTOMER oriented thing you have mentioned I
think. It's almost exclusively negative to the seller. When is this
new feature coming?

That's why I always read the feeback even if the rating is 99.9%. And
how the seller responds to that negative feedback is a testimony of
how they do business.

This is true; I just was thinking of bidding on something yesterday
and the guy had what I consider bad feedback 98.5 or something like
that. I read all the negatives and neutrals. Turns out almost all of
them were for "broken" or "misrepresenting items". What I was going
to buy wouldn't fit in that category so I could theoretically still
buy from him and feel not so worried. But I ended up not because a
couple of his feedbacks said "hard to deal with".

~Renee'~

P.S. Back to why we're all here............what do you think of Bob
Hope Show ticket stubs from 1944 with autographs on them?

If the sig is legit, a great thing!!! Not sure of value (not my area)
but he's one of the classics so nice thing to have and I am sure some
would be interested in it (especially if you've got some proof or a
story behind it or something).

Old November 1st 07, 08:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

"barefoot" wrote in message
oups.com...
IT'S JUST YOU...AND HIM...there's been several posts, like i said,
from fake people...and it's probably the same person...which means
IT'S THREE PEOPLE...that's not a lot...that's one person who trys to
control the board and is always right, her little defender and some
idiot who posts just to make me mad...

Firstly, don't flatter yourself. I have a life, a job, & a family, so no
time to bother wasting making up sock puppets just to flame you.

Secondly, as was established a very long time ago, my name is indeed Mr
Black. So its not made up, and has never been

Thirdly, scroll up the thread. You just said it was ONE person that called
you bareforger, and only ONCE. I have just proven you be a liar (yet again),
so rather than admit you are wrong, try and save some tiny shred of
credibility, you turn around and say it must be Sue and I that posted all
those post going back 7 years .........serously Mike, this one is insane
even for you.

MrB

Old November 1st 07, 08:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

it's all sue, and you and a bunch of people that post here once,
disappear and pop up again with other fake names that post once and
disappear...but the first several are from YOU...so saying that it's a
plethora, is ludicrous...it's just you and your friends and sues fake
names...(oh, and the fake names are so ridiculous, they tried to make
it close to my nickname as well).. but nice try...

The only "nice try" is you somehow attempting discredit this clear
evidence....actually its not a nice try at all....its kind of sad to be
honest.

and i don't think i've done enough business through hollywoodstuffs to
get a rating at all. i know what you are saying...but i've never had a
complaint...wouldn't someone at least call and tell me someone has
complained? cause i've only had 28 transactions through that business
in the year or so that i've been running it. and of 28, 28 people got
their stuff in more than reasonable time...but whatever...like i said,
anyone can complain...
sorry mr. b, but this doesn't go to far to keep me from thinking you
are just sue's sock...

Not in your mind....but that must be a pretty scary place anyway.

MrB

Old November 1st 07, 01:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bob

Actually it said you did have a complaint that went unanswered. So if
it's untrue, contact them and have it removed.

Old November 5th 07, 01:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

"barefoot" ignorantly vomited forth news:
and i'll say this...no one is purposely sending in known fake items to
psa or any other authentication house...they just aren't doing it.

PSA/DNA is so knowledgable that they authenticated rubber stamped,
facsimile, autopen and other bogus signatures:

PSA/DNA, has increasingly drawn scrutiny. It is now battling two
lawsuits challenging the integrity of certain authentications it made.
And the company has taken an unusual flogging in the publications of
two prestigious collectors' organizations.

"It's not uncommon to see a PSA/DNA [expert] 'authenticating' an
autograph that is certainly not authentic," says a scathing article in
the current issue of Pen and Quill, a magazine of the Universal
Autograph Collectors' Club. It cited more than a dozen cases of what
it called authentication foul-ups, including validation of a
preprinted signature of Franklin D. Roosevelt, two Neil Armstrong
forgeries and "autopen," or machine-signed, signatures of George H.W.
Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and Bruce Springsteen.

The company's autograph unit sometimes gives the OK to rubber-stamped
and machine-made signatures, says a prestigious collectors' magazine.

THE RECENT ARTICLES IN THE TWO collectors' magazines have only added
to the questions about the company. The bi-monthly Pen and Quill, put
out by the oldest autograph collectors' club in the world, has
published what amounts to a five-page indictment of PSA/DNA's
authentication process, entitled "Who's Watching the Watchmen."

"It has become apparent that PSA/DNA has some weakness in
authenticating autographs outside the sports field -- as well as some
glaring oversights from within the sports area," writes author Steve
Zarelli, a member of the collectors club. "It's not uncommon to see a
PSA/DNA [expert] 'authenticating' an autograph that is certainly not
authentic."

Zarelli told of a collector who successfully bid for a game-used bat
belonging to Ernie Banks, complete with a certificate of
authentication from PSA/DNA. "What autograph?" Zarelli writes, "The
bat isn't signed by anyone." Similarly, a "signed" Mark McGwire
baseball card, authenticated and graded by PSA/DNA, turned out to be a
rubber-stamped signature rather than hand-written, he writes.

PSA is flunked by the Better Business Bureau

The Better Business Bureau of Southern California has now given PSA an
F rating. That is the lowest possible rating that a company can get
from the BBB. Here is a quote from their website about what an F
rating means: "We strongly question the company's reliability for
reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their
advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the
law's licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain
especially serious allegations, or the company's industry is known for
its fraudulent business practices."

Here is a summary on the BBB website about the reasons for giving PSA
an F rating:
Some complainants allege the company fails to return items sent in for
authentication, and in some cases deny ever receiving the item. Other
customers complain that the company fails to provide services as
agreed, returning itenms without explanation as to why they are
determined not to be authentic. Some complainants allege items sent
are lost, misplaced, or that the company replaces the high quality
items sent in, with lesser valued items before returning to the
customer. A few customers complain the company misrepresented the
value of cards they purchased, and found after spending considerable
amounts of money, a second opinion determined the item as worthless.
Most customers report they experience difficulty contacting the
company to resolve problems, claiming calls are not returned, and
voice-mail or e-mail messages are not answered.
The company responds to some complaints by offering explanations, or
by directing complainants to review their policies which are posted on
the website. In cases where items are missing or lost, the company
asks for proof of delivery, registered tracking numbers, copies of
submission forms, check numbers used, dates checks were posted, and
any other documentation that might be associated to the transaction,
advising the complainant the information will be taken under review,
and resolution will depend on the information provided. The company
addresses some complaints regarding purchased items by advising the
complainant they do not engage in the sale of sports memorabilia, and
they must have confused them with another company. The company
disputes most allegations, and refunds or credits are usually not
issued.

For even more examples of PSA/DNA mistakes check out Richard Simon's
website:
http://www.richardsimonsports.com/hofauto2.htm

One more defeat for the infamous fascist Turkish TROLL Kostas gogu Papafloratos of Kalamaria ;-) TWO ( this is a 2 it is 1 + 1 ) more DISPOSABLE FREEBIE accounts...closed;-) More to follow...but however many follow the mean Turk will keep on PUNI ♥ rec.collecting.coins TRASHED by trolling griks like Kostas Papafloratos ♥ Coins 1 December 14th 06 02:42 AM
Follow-up on VBD09 65 RD JMark Coins 4 July 1st 06 05:24 PM
Weird Ebay Crap/Fakes Follow-Up [email protected] Autographs 7 November 17th 05 04:04 PM
Why don't big ebay sellers have to follow the rules? James Brautigan Coins 20 October 5th 04 03:47 AM
It pays to follow up Sean Pugh Autographs 5 January 1st 04 05:18 AM