Anyone in Hampton Roads got to hear Bush speaK?

Old October 31st 05, 12:28 AM

Default Anyone in Hampton Roads got to hear Bush speaK?

barefoot wrote:
dude, he put us in deficit LONG before the war dumbass...AND, funny how
this country has come OUT OF DEPRESSION during war, not going deeper in
to depression.
dingleberry.
i think they would rather live under saddam... their being force fed
someone else's ideals either way...
the war in iraq looks ridiculous in the coming years, just like vietnam
and korea...we LOST both those wars and our soldiers came home without
anything being accomplished...
we as a people shouldn't be pushing our ideals on anyone else...bush is
like hitler, genghis kahn- wanting to conquer people smaller than
him...and that's it...gas prices were going to go up anyway. i dont'
care about gas prices, public transportation is great (not the busses,
but the trains).
the reason they haven't found osama is 1 fact...HIS FAMILY DOES
BUSINESS WITH THE BUSH FAMILY. he doesn't care about finding him...all
bush wanted to do was finish what daddy coudn't finish in the first
place...
he's not my president...i would have rather had gore (who's equally
stupid) ...but voting in this country is simplified by an episode of
south park...you have 2 candidtates- a terd burger or a douchebag. and
that's it...

All I have to say Barefoot, ur Barefool... is that this post sums up
your intelligence. Their, there, they're... still don't know which is
which, do you? Go back to college and get your degree. I don't need
to comment on the content of your post, because it is obvious what a
moron that you are.
Get a little taste of puss* and you can't tell right from left and
right from wrong... have fun. I have no reason to reply further. My
point has been made.

Old October 31st 05, 01:17 AM
barefoot

yeah, the only point you've stated was "i have no comment for you" so
apparently it's YOU who have nothing intellegent to say knucklehead..

Old October 31st 05, 03:16 AM
Bulldog 2005

Man! We got a heck of a thread going here.

I guess this is where I throw in a quote by some comedian that doesn't
know his a$$ from third base in politics? Here, what about one from
Larry the Cable guy..."Get R Dun!" snicker

I think we can all agree that politics needs to kept out of the
autograph group.

Now, what about some of those TTM John Travolta and Al Pacino's going
around? Those are dandy's!

Bulldog

Old October 31st 05, 04:10 AM

barefoot wrote:
dude, he put us in deficit LONG before the war dumbass...AND, funny how
this country has come OUT OF DEPRESSION during war, not going deeper in
to depression.

Point #1 of your lunacy... "The defining point of power in any society
is in its war power, or the threat of war." War is BIG BUSINESS. Look
back to the Great Depression. World War II was the reason we emerged
from the Great Depression...

dingleberry.
i think they would rather live under saddam...

Are we dispersing poison over them? Like Saddam did. Do we allow the
raping of women? I think not. IF you are ok with rape and murder with
no threat of a consequence, ok...

their being force fed
someone else's ideals either way...

First of all, It is THEY'RE. Get some grammar. Second, learn about
democracy. All we want is for them to think for themselves and to do
what is right for them, and for them to decide for themselves! If you
call us trying to instill democracy forcing our ideals on them, ok...
But do you think that murder and oppression are better than democracy?

the war in iraq looks ridiculous in the coming years, just like vietnam
and korea...we LOST both those wars and our soldiers came home without
anything being accomplished...

In Vietnam, we lost 58,000 lives. It is not even 1/20th of that in
Iraq. You say nothing was accomplished in Vietnam and Korea. Maybe on
the surface, nothing was. I, for one, am not ok with communism. If
you think that it is cool to spread communism, than go where communism
thrives, like Cuba. I would rather fight to preserve democracy. WE
may have lost the wars, but communists knew that they could not just
take over any country they felt the need to without a fight.

we as a people shouldn't be pushing our ideals on anyone else...bush is
like hitler, genghis kahn- wanting to conquer people smaller than
him...

Does Bush want Iraq to be the 51st state? That is news to me. All I
have heard is that he wants Iraqis to be free to think and do what they
want within the confines of a democracy and a government that the
majority approves. Also, I have not heard of Bush or any US official
running extermination camps or murdering millions of Arabs in Iraq...
Am I missing something?

and that's it...gas prices were going to go up anyway. i dont'
care about gas prices, public transportation is great (not the busses,
but the trains).

At least you are off of the oil.( at least for a sentence)

the reason they haven't found osama is 1 fact...HIS FAMILY DOES
BUSINESS WITH THE BUSH FAMILY. he doesn't care about finding him...

Osama bin Laden has been outcast by the upper tier of his family. They
do not get together and make treks to Mecca together. They have all
but disowned him. If Bush's family's businesses wanted to make a deal
with Charles Manson's dad, would you say that he is in business with
Charles Manson?

all
bush wanted to do was finish what daddy coudn't finish in the first
place...

If someone tried to murder my father, I would want their head as well.
I extend this to any of my family. Bush got Saddam. He is in jail,
and not getting out anytime soon.

he's not my president...i would have rather had gore (who's equally
stupid) ...but voting in this country is simplified by an episode of
south park...you have 2 candidtates- a terd burger or a douchebag. and
that's it...

This is where again education comes into effect. We have a 2-party
system. Obviously, you are a democrat. I have no problem with
democrats. What I dislike is ignorance. All candidates are very smart
men or women. Both are always qualified. We have a choice as a
people. If you don't like the COUNTRY'S choice or if you don't like
our system... Go somewhere else! I can tell you that a lot of people
in LA would love to hear that you are gone...

Old October 31st 05, 05:04 AM
Dave Blake

50 or 100 years from now, one of the world's defining moments may
be the war in Iraq.

Where are all you "**** brains" slithering from? Yeah, it will be defining
all right. Defining when the USA started its slow decline into becoming
Land of the Poverty Stricken. You just don't get it do you? There is no
future for democracy in the Middle East because those people can't exist
without being led like cattle. They wouldn't know what to do in a
democratic atmosphere and the muslim faith cannot prevail and cannot remain
the majority faith in a state of freedom due to the rigid doctrine that must
be adhered to by its followers.

Old October 31st 05, 08:16 AM
barefoot

yeah, i went to Arizona State...you...need to stop watching whatever it
is you are watching and actually look at the facts...there's so many
"stupid people" with laundry lists of the B.S. that bush pulls..sure,
all clinton did was balance the budget, and he didn't do all of it
legally...but it got done...in less than 4 years, he jacked it $170
million. enjoy your ignorance..it's really obvious that you are just
pro bush...that's really all it is. if gore hand't said he'd invented
the internet and jeb didn't pull some stings to get his brother george
florida...he loses...and we aren't at war..
it's not this country's right to force our opinions on others...just
like it's not my right to keep you from spewing one sided
arguments...but i guess that's just a freedom that we get...installing
an american puppet government in a country thousands of miles away
isn't fair to anyone...they should have to settle their own
problems...that's what the people of the u.s.a. did not too long ago.
if they hate it so much, it's to them to fix it..reguardless of cost of
their lives...our only reason to be in iraq is to get a puppet
government over there so the u.s. van get control of that oil so that
the other countries mentioned can't...that simple.
osama bin laden should be the ONLY reason to go over there, finding him
and his people should be the ONLY reason- bring him and his people to
justice. otherwise. it's all futile..this is a gas
war...period..started with republicans before regan and continues..no
other reason.
as for picking on my use of their, they're or whatever...that's really
the only thing you can acutally point out with any facts...but like
you, i just let the words fly. i don't go back and fix em...or else i'd
capitalize words att he begining of sentences and worry about my
spelling by running a spell check...but i don't care...it's the
message, and spell checking isn't losing the message...
pointing out a whif of puss* or whatever you called it...i'm
married...and never had a problem in that department before- even being
fat as i am...
and as far as the people in l.a. not liking me...it's one guy, he's a
loser andso are most of the in person collectors out here...no wonder
they are all called the mutants.. as if you haven't guessed before.
autographs is free money and there's only a few of us who actually
treat it as work and a job...everyone else just screws around with it
and that person ripping me is a prime example. so you can go ahead with
that, but since the guy is helping in making up that "barefoot killed a
guy at the atm story." he's really had no validity to ANYTHING he's
ever said...
so go own that one.

Old October 31st 05, 03:34 PM
Sue H

Sorry, on this point I must differ. I read parts of both sides here,
but I hate to say it...

You heard Bush say he only wants a free Iraq and that's why we're
there. He llied..First he said he went in there to protect America
and the world from a madman with weapons of mass destruction. When
they didn't find any, he changed the story for a free Iraq and now you
never hear about those weapons now do You? And because of Bush's
background and business background (where most of his decisions ARE
based), I happen to think he has an ulterior motive. He want their
oil and though he can't take over the country totally (we lost all
those allies etc by not getting out sooner and installing an Iraqi run
government), he is trying to create a puppet regime and kid you not,
they are so inexperienced that it will be easy to hold a thumb over
them. America's interest lies in not only democracy where "talks and
negotiations" are easier with someone whose not a dictator, but new
govenments can easily be controlled...

There's always an ulterior motive. Also, because he made a rash
decision and stuck to his guns so long, there is no way to back out
gracefully. So he's got his advisor's putting speeches together that
use key words like "freedom" and "tyranny".

To save face for himself, he allows US soldiers to be slaughtered...
and that's the truth.

Listen, it appears to me you'll back up Bush to no end and I applaud
your patriotism. But sometimes, you have to look at it not stubbornly
like Bush does, but from all sides. I am former Air Force and my
husband is retried Air Force and is currently working for the
Department of Defense right now in a civilian capcity. We support our
troops and our military and president. But there comes a time, a free
Americans with the freedom of speech to criticize our leader if what
he is doing is not right morally or for this country. He has cost the
lives of over 2 tousand military and many civilian contractors... he's
dug himself into hole by refusing to back out and so even though at
this point we no longer need to be there, he can't lose face... as I
tell my son.... WRONG DECISION. He's free to make that and we are
free to crticize it. So stop calling people names and get on another
board and argue this. It's out of control now. You're passion is
obviously politics and not autographs because you never post
otherwise. So time to end this thread.

Old October 31st 05, 03:35 PM
Sue H

And I am gathering if Bush wanted to send your son to the front lines
you'd allow it. Or if he asked you to jump off a bridge you would.
Sad you've been brainwashed by his redundant speeches where only Bush
supporters are allowed in!

Old October 31st 05, 04:15 PM

Sue H wrote:
And I am gathering if Bush wanted to send your son to the front lines
you'd allow it. Or if he asked you to jump off a bridge you would.
Sad you've been brainwashed by his redundant speeches where only Bush
supporters are allowed in!

On 30 Oct 2005 20:10:43 -0800, wrote:

If Bush's family's businesses wanted to make a deal
with Charles Manson's dad, would you say that he is in business with
Charles Manson?

Just to let you know... My brother was sent to Iraq. He came back
with a severed arm. He is not angry and neither am I. We both
understand that when you join the army, navy, air force or marines that
you sign up for the possibility of war. That is what a soldier does.

Don't lecture me about my son. I was raised military and have
experienced first hand the horrors of war. My father died in Vietnam.
I barely got to know him. Am I angry? Yes. Do I blame LBJ and the
others? No. So, to answer your question... Not only would I "allow"
my son to go to Iraq, I would demand it. I would not raise a draft
dodger. That is illegal. We have the right to protest. But soldiers
do not have the right to veto assignments. So, I am raising my son to
be honest and moral, and if he chose to enlist, I would demand that he
goes. End of story. If he doesn't, he should have done something
else.

And, to be honest, I am not a full-blooded Republican. I voted for
Perot twice in the nineties, not Bob Dole or Bush Sr. I think for
myself, and I choose to believe that we are doing the right thing. Of
course, you may disagree, and the popular thing is to disagree with
Bush. However, we have the right to speak and believe as we choose.
Even you barefoot.

As is everywhere around me, I was simply presenting the other side of
the argument. All I hear is left-leaning news, and I get tired of it.
If you read my first post, I am not sure that the war was started for
the best of reasons. But, I choose to believe that ridding the world
of Saddam was a good thing and that starting a democracy in the middle
of the Middle East is best for the world.

I also believe that we should have had a better post-Saddam plan.
However, it is coming. The Iraqis are getting used to freedom
everyday. It is a minority of about 3% that do not like it and blow up
cars. Terrorism and extreme Islamic views thrive on fear and
oppression. Their fear is ever so slowly subsiding. There is less
and less oppression.

I hope that you all can see this and get past your view that Bush went
after oil. You will all be happier people and not so angry.

Old October 31st 05, 04:47 PM
barefoot

war is never the answer...this is the 21st century. there are other
ways of doing things...