guests at CIV so many and a couple are odd and non SW related....

Old June 2nd 07, 01:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default guests at CIV so many and a couple are odd and non SW related....

If that's the case (according to reports about same as last time or
more), it would be in my opinion for two reasons... 1) it wasn't it
just looked so because I hear the venue was larger and more spread out
or 2) it's on one coast and not in the middle like last time. Last
time, it was moderately priced air fare wise and they got people from
both coasts whereas this time, the air fare prices when I checked from
east to west coast were not affordable (at least for me). No way was
I paying that much for a ticket and traveling that long

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:05:02 -0700, barefoot
wrote:

and i think you can speculate on how many people were there as if you
had walked around, you'd notice that it was far easier than in years
past. you could look around and notice a complete drop off in
attendees.

Old June 2nd 07, 01:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Actually, that's not true. Master Replicas was about 6 month or
longer before Dereks and the Topps is pretty much now. I understand
where you think that though. It all dervived from the same group of
people negotiating and it's semi related.

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:07:10 -0700, barefoot
wrote:

and lastly, for sue..all those signings that ford did, they were all
done at the same time...derek's signing was in conjunction with the
others (same dates and times)..from what i understand, there's been 2
total signings, and that's it. like i said, ford isn't interested in
it...but since it was all done for his charity, it makes a lot of
sense (and no, i didn't ask him personally, it's just easy to tell
since all the signings were on the same dates with all companies).

Old June 2nd 07, 01:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Well, not to sound cocky (I know I will be accused of it) , but I have
over 1260 DIFFERENT Star Wars autographs and over three times that
total... do you have more than that? I know many fans have many
hundreds too. Two friends I know have about half what I do and that's
considered large. If you're talking toys etc, you win. I only have
large bookmark and Hallmark ornaments set (all of them).

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 12:59:08 +1000, "Mr Black"
wrote:

i'm pretty sure there aren't too many star wars fans on this group who
collect the stuff more than i do.

firstlty............hahahahahahahLAMAO

so that was your baloney today mr.
black...
wow, it's amazing what kind of loser you can actually be.
enjoy your day.
mike

Secondly, can someone tell me what this loser is rambling on about?

Old June 2nd 07, 01:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I heard Howie Weed's line was longer than anyones...

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:03:48 -0700, barefoot
wrote:

i honestly can't remember where i had read it...
being in l.a., the news was reporting that they expected 40,000...we
actually thought that the fire marshall would shut it down, so we went
early on friday (i hadn't bought my tickets or anything in advance)
but then there were reports on sunday and monday that the convention
didn't live up to what was expected and that it was far below what the
convention had done in indianapolis in previous years. it was on tv,
the radio, i think adam corolla even made fun of it. something along
the lines of "george lucas' dorks finally grew up!"
i can't make the statement for certain, but i had been told that they
were about 10,000 people LESS than what was expected. so, if everyone
had expected 40,000, then only 30,000 tickets were sold.
i walked the whole thing for a few days...no panels were filled, it
wasn't hard to walk around, i never had a problem making a purchase.
the only autograph lines that were full were carrie fisher, anthony
daniels, david prowse, peter mayhew and kenny baker's, other than
that, i never really saw more than 3-4 people in any given line. and
the guests weren't as good as they have been in the other shows.
i'm pretty sure it didn't do so well...it was quite evident.
meanwhile, you could barely move at comic con last year...i only went
for 2 days, but i know that the fire marshalls shut now new entrances
on both friday and saturday several times. and it took up all 7 halls
in san diego (whereas star wars only took up 3 in los angeles and
their halls are much smaller)..so to compare the two is like comparing
apples and oranges really...
as for the mark hammill rumors, i can't comment, i don't know the
answers there..i wouldn't be surprised if his wife were wandering
around though, as i know mark collects autographs himself and once
commented that george doesn't sign his posters and better than he
signed mine. it wouldn't surprise me if his wife were getting the
autographs for him, as there's no way he could walk around that place
himself.
mike

12 More guests at CIV Sue H Autographs 0 March 30th 07 03:15 AM
9 guests already Sue H Autographs 8 July 10th 06 03:31 PM
SEVERAL new guests and prices finally Sue H Autographs 4 March 8th 05 06:52 PM
1st Guests announed for Collectamania 7 fon Autographs 10 October 1st 04 10:22 PM
Guests at San Diego Comic Con(~^^~) ImRightAlwaysUNo Autographs 3 July 4th 03 10:27 PM