Exciting News

Old November 7th 05, 06:59 AM
Mr Black

Default Exciting News

"Sue H" wrote in message
regular posters and those who post addresses verses the number of
people wanting addresses but never posting them.

Let's take a poll Wanda and Mr. B... how many addresses in the last
month have YOU two posted? Remember, it works both ways!

If you must know, and f#ck knows why i have to justify any of my action to
someone on usenet, but due to family related matters, i have not been able
to send stuff out for many, many months. Only the past few weeks have i been
able to send out 20, and if anything positive comes of these, i will post
here.
IMHO, my contributing to this group for almost 10 years now counts for
something Sue!

So you can jam personal attack on me where the sun dont shine.

MrB.

Old November 7th 05, 02:59 PM
Wanda

Well, lets see - in the last six months I have received exactly one sig TTM,
and I posted it to the net. So, I guess that gives me a 100% rating, if you
want to look at it like that. Thing is, I don't send out a hundred letters
a month - I send letters when
(a) the recipient is someone I can truly recognize in their industry, as can
most others, such as actors, inventors, politicians of note, etc. I really
don't care about the guy who holds the lugnut wrench on a stock car pit
crew.
and (b)When I have a reasonable assumption that the address I use will reach
its intended recipient. That's why I will try venues when I can, and why I
appreciate learning when an address that has been successful.

Wanda

"Sue H" wrote in message
regular posters and those who post addresses verses the number of
people wanting addresses but never posting them.

Let's take a poll Wanda and Mr. B... how many addresses in the last
month have YOU two posted? Remember, it works both ways!

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:31:57 +1100, "Mr Black" mr_black@ REMOVE
SPAMBLOCK optusnet.com.au wrote:

Jeez - let it go. Way back when (in another millenium) this ng used to

have
addresses, success and useful information on it. I'm not sure what
happened, but it would be great if it came back.

Wanda

I can tell you what happened Wanda....

we have been lucky enough to be extremely insular here to the normal
goings
of a usenet NG, that at the first sign a troll comes in here and tells us
the sky is falling, we all run around screaming like chicken little.

I long for the good ol days also.....addys, addys, and more addys.

MrB

Old November 7th 05, 03:01 PM
Sue H

Ah, but the question was, put by Wanda and answered by you who wanted
people to stop all the chat and get back tp osting addresses... I
wasn't slamming you. I was simply making a point of that everyone
keeps asking for stuff and nobody sends anything. So therefore, kind
of hard to post addresses isn't it? And why? You all can't bitch and
complain if your part of the problem! No offense, I sent craploads
out this year. and got maybe two dozen back, half of what I won't
post because of the crap here.

So instead of getting upset, do something about it.

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:59:04 +1100, "Mr Black" mr_black@ REMOVE
SPAMBLOCK optusnet.com.au wrote:

.. .

Old November 7th 05, 03:10 PM
Sue H

Oh B means you are waiting for everyone to post addresses you can be
sure you get a 100% success from? That is just not right to me. Do
some reasearch! Sorry Wanda, I don't mean to pick on you, but you
asked for everyone to post addresses and you started this post by
saying that. But you sent ONE which means you are not collecting.
NOBODY IS. This means you do not have a right to get mad when people
say other things because the simple fact is maybe 5 people on here
even bother to send anything and maybe three people actually try
addresses with some risk of an RTS (Hell, I am a book for wasted
postage with probably a soldi 20 percent returned from trial and
arror).

And youi can go ahead and make fun of the cameramen, the assistant
editors and directors... all that stuff. But again, it's my greatest
satisfaction when collecting. I get letters, I've gotten gifts, books
and all sorts of things from them because they are appreciative of
someone caring. And to be honest, these signatures are legit. Not a
preprint or autopen or rubber stamp. I may be the ONLY person to have
their autograph. And my Star Wars collection has 1140 different
signatures, a LOT which are crew and most which include voice artists,
puppeteers and extras. I am PROUD of that. My collection is unique,
historical and really pretty damned impressive (17 Binders of Star
Wars alone and I have to get another two to expand the crew and
artists). So fall back on that, but don't bitch and whine if you're
part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Sorry to be mean. I have always liked your posts but it's terrible for
you to be so mean to everyone in your post when you aren't helping
either!

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 06:59:55 -0800, "Wanda" wrote:

Well, lets see - in the last six months I have received exactly one sig TTM,
and I posted it to the net. So, I guess that gives me a 100% rating, if you
want to look at it like that. Thing is, I don't send out a hundred letters
a month - I send letters when
(a) the recipient is someone I can truly recognize in their industry, as can
most others, such as actors, inventors, politicians of note, etc. I really
don't care about the guy who holds the lugnut wrench on a stock car pit
crew.
and (b)When I have a reasonable assumption that the address I use will reach
its intended recipient. That's why I will try venues when I can, and why I
appreciate learning when an address that has been successful.

Wanda

.. .

Old November 7th 05, 05:35 PM
barefoot

actually jb (another person just trolling to rip people) i know
EVERYONE in this business...i've been to EVERY city in the country to
get autographs- well every city where it's feasable. it may have been a
few years, but i've done the whole nfl tour for YEARS...i know exactly
how to get to EVERY football camp, baseball training facility and
everything in between...i can tell you the best hotels to get rock
bands in cincinatti. CAUSE I"VE BEEN THERE...i've met EVERY major
dealer in the country at one time or another and probably have their
business cards...i don't have the connections of the folks who attend
every card show in the country, but i've met ALL the major
players...and i know which ones are doing things to get stuff in motion
for this type of setup...jb, you are a loser, crawl back in your
cave...you don't know me, you don't know the autograph world, you just
pretend to...or else you'd offer up your name...
saldy, i love this idea of what the original poster is trying to do,
but without any basic information, i don't believe he's doing anything,
just patting his own back for turning in a few obvious forgers...
the only way to get anything done to really clean up the hobby is to
get celebrities involved in stopping it. letting them identify
forgeries. authentication houses are making money hand over fist for
doing something that is a "best guess" scenario- every one of them has
made some very high profile mistakes- showing that they really don't
know what they are doing. obviously, people can't research stuff on
their own- a quick fix is the best answer...honestly, the hobby is
imploding. people with excellent reputations who want to make more
money are buying stuff that's questionable at best. (i just heard of a
VERY huge celebrity company trying to expand their interests by
acquiring some mickey mantle signed baseballs just to have them nixed
by a few authentication houses, sad) so really , the best way to combat
all this is to have the hobby just self destruct like the card
business...really. sad but true...so i guess this original poster is
just taking the high road and trying to get some props in another
way...
good luck, i won't be posting any longer because no one gets the point
i've been trying to make...DON"T TELL ME YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING
CONSTRUCTIVE FOR THE AUTOGRAPH COMMUNITY WITHOUT AT LEAST LETTING US
LOOK AT YOUR STUFF...DON'T LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE YOUTHINK IS A FORGER,
IF YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT YOU AREN'T ONE YOURSELF...honestly...because
the only people who have ever really called me a forger on this
newsgroup are the folks who knew i was going to call them one...the
one's with the real foregery reputation.

Old November 7th 05, 06:35 PM
Wanda

First, Sue, I will say that anytime someone says "no offense", you can be
sure it's followed by something offensive. Same with "Sorry Wanda, I don't
mean to pick on you" - I knew right then you were going to say something
mean. Secondly, I read and re-read your post, and can't make heads or tails
of this: Sorry Wanda, I don't mean to pick on you, but you
asked for everyone to post addresses and you started this post by
saying that. But you sent ONE which means you are not collecting.
NOBODY IS. This means you do not have a right to get mad when people
say other things because the simple fact is maybe 5 people on here
even bother to send anything and maybe three people actually try
addresses with some risk of an RTS (Hell, I am a book for wasted
postage with probably a soldi 20 percent returned from trial and
arror).

What exactly are you trying to say. Obviously you are upset, and I'm not
sure why. Is it because I don't send a zillion letters a month, or is it
because you don't think I do research, or what. Sue, I used to think your
posts were insightful, and usually even fun to read, but lately you have
become a b**ch to everyone. (no offense).

Wanda

"Sue H" wrote in message
[...]

. ..

Old November 7th 05, 07:01 PM
Sue H

My beef is we haven't heard from someone in months and the first time
they post, they say "we need more addresses on here" Isn't that what
you said? If I am wrong please copy and paste it again

You complain but you don't contribute and the reason is cool (it
doesn't matter if you don't/can't or don't want to). I can understand
your choice. But as a non contributor, do you really think it's ok to
put others down or ask for people to put up addresses? I could see if
Joe was sick of it and asked that! He'd have the right to. It seems
rude to me. Maybe I am taking this wrong, but you were whining about
nobody this board is now just off topic...yet you've not chimed into
not only addresses, but anything else really have you? If I am wrong
I apologize, but day after day it's the same few people.... I don't
see many names new unless it's a friggin troll changing ID's. Am I
alone in noticing this? You admitted to lurking... You lurk for what
reason? by your admission, you are looking for tested addresses so
you get a success. I can understand that if you can't afford to send
out requests. No one is belittling you for that... what I am saying
is contribute another way. Maybe say something encrouaging once in a
while to one of the collectors here.... or maybe offer research....
Maybe if you can't afford it, someone can send soemthing FOR you for
the hard work you put in ... help you out with a freebie on their
dime. It's fair if you did some work I think. There are a multitude
of ways to contribute. You could offer to help someone who needs
stamps from your country (they can send you money). You can get
convention items for people like Todd does... you can have a site like
Mike does. But if you are not contributing, I am sorry, but what
right do you have to knock me for what I collect, or complain about
addresses and the fact this site has gone off topic.

It's not just you, it's dozens I am sure. You have in the past
contributed and have been cordial and nice. However, this time, the
first time you say anything in a long time is to complain and be
negative and I am sorry, but that's not helping matters!

The truth of the matter is people are offended when a nerve is hit.
And I think I hit a nerve. So you reacted with a bite at me, which
got me to say "sorry, Wanda" and return the favor...and we can either
keep this up or stop being negative and start helping. The choice is
for everyone on this board.

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:35:18 -0800, "Wanda" wrote:

[...]

.. .

Testing Rodney General Discussion 6 November 20th 04 10:36 AM
SUCCESSES & EXCITING NEWS!!! Celebrity Direct Entertainment - Cord G. Coslor Autographs 0 November 13th 04 09:01 PM
FS: Sunday newspaper comic sections from 1977-1984 John Zimmerman General 0 September 14th 03 12:26 AM
What is Exciting News ? High Plains Writer Coins 19 August 5th 03 12:25 AM
FS: Sunday newspaper comic sections 1977-1984 John Zimmerman General 0 July 13th 03 10:48 PM