Are these items on ebay from this seller real?

Old March 28th 05, 04:01 AM
barefoot

uhhh...i've been dealing in this business for over 15 years now (god
has it been that long?) and i've never heard of him...the other guy,
mike gutierrez- isn't he the guy from PSA DNA that got fired? i'm not
sure...my real problem with GAI other than MOST of their authenticators
inexperieince is this...
they allow their authenticators to sell their own autographs that they
just get i nthe streets. and for this argument, i'll allow your mind to
wander on some of the arguments that have been brought fourth by
bassale in these posts...
let's say an outfit that's supposed to be legit hired me (fat chance,
but let's use it for argument's sake) and i continued to get
autographs- and i continued to sell those autographs on ebay....but
now, i am allowed to throw my GAI AUTHENTICS stamp of approval on all
my items. wouldn't that cause a problem? seriously? because GAI uses 2
authenticators that have the same- and i mean THE VERY SAME REPUTATION
that i've been accused of by bassale (again, reputaion, but never
proven fact- not once, and the same could be true of these 2 from
GAI)...wouldn't that be some sort of conflict of interest...
and honestly, mike gutierrez does not even come close to the same
reputation as james spence- problems aside, pretty much every one
trusts spence and steve grad authentincations far more than anyone else
in the hobby...
and again, i've never heard of kevin keating....and why s kevin keating
talking to this rchsports guy? i'm not accusing, i'm just asking...i've
done some research myself to find that kevin's remarks ARE TRUE, i'm
jsut askign what makes kevin an expert, what makes him the authority...
a simple explaination would suffice...i'm not asking for great details,
just more than "One of the worlds top autograph experts
and sports collectibles experts." let's just tell me what make him this?

Old March 28th 05, 04:07 AM
Michael Brown

my real problem was with GAI their people have even LESS experience

GAI, you mean Global Authenticated? Don't they have Mike Gutierrez working
for them? Top authenticator in the business. More experience and knowledge
than anyone in the hobby.

ebay only endorses PSA DNA, SCD authentications, and ONLINE AUTHENTICS.

Didn't SCD Authentic go out of business? I know they don't grade
sportscards anymore.

who is kevin keating?

Anyone else not heard of Keating? One of the worlds top autograph experts
and sports collectibles experts. How long have you been in the hobby? I'd
be glad to share my knowledge with newcomers like yourself.

Old March 28th 05, 07:19 AM
barefoot

ok..that's what i am looking for...it's good to see someone else offer
information that is informative...thank you very much...i can only look
up so much stuff...
thanks again,
mike

Old March 28th 05, 07:59 AM
Michael Brown

uhhh...i've been dealing in this business for over 15 years now (god
has it been that long?) and i've never heard of him

Dealing in what? Keating has written reference books on the hobby. I typed
his name in the search box and came up with all kinds of info on the
web.....he

Keating wrote The Negro Leagues Autograph Guide, is currently finishing two
additional books and has served as an agent to Baseball Hall of Fame members
Warren Spahn and Edward C. “Whitey” Ford. He also owns the nation’s most
comprehensive collection of Baseball and Football Hall of Fame member
autographs, some of which have been displayed in The National Sports Gallery
in Washington, DC. Keating has published many sports memorabilia-related
articles, has provided authentication and appraising services for a number
of entities including the White House, and has appeared on numerous
television and radio shows as a guest expert on baseball autographs and
forgeries. He has been a frequent expert witness for claimants in
forgery-related matters, and he has also served as a consultant to the
Federal Bureau of Investigation in their efforts to identify and prosecute
suspected forgers.

Keating has guest lectured at George Washington University on Jackie
Robinson, and he is a member of the International Autograph Dealer’s
Association (IADA), The Manuscript Society and the Universal Autograph
Collector’s Club (UACC).

Old March 28th 05, 12:21 PM
Bassale

and you aren't credible anyway. nobody should listen to you because
you are a liar and a criminal.

bassale

Just A Reminder To New Alt.Collecting.8-Track-Tapes Group Members Daniel & Kathy Gibson 8 Track Tapes 7 May 17th 04 12:06 PM
Items on Ebay Dino9108 Hockey 0 April 28th 04 12:04 AM
Just A Reminder To New Alt.Collecting.8-Track-Tapes Group Members Daniel & Kathy Gibson 8 Track Tapes 11 April 26th 04 12:52 PM
How to avoid getting cheated on eBay -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 12 November 26th 03 03:36 PM
IF YOU USE EBAY READ THIS....... Drti28Hrit Baseball 0 November 4th 03 05:39 PM