Rock Ola 454 doesn't take selection

Old November 26th 11, 12:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Zoanetti

Default Rock Ola 454 doesn't take selection

Hi guys,
please my rock ola 474 it's out of service.
It used to work since 2 months ago.
I left if off, and now as soon i try to put one selection in its doesn't
take, i can push 2 button, and as soon i push the third one it doesn't
register the selection , i the third button want stick in and let the
mechanism start, any clue where to look?

Relays or where?

Thank Guys

Zoanetti

Old November 28th 11, 01:12 PM
g0pkh g0pkh is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoanetti View Post
Hi guys,
please my rock ola 474 it's out of service.
It used to work since 2 months ago.
I left if off, and now as soon i try to put one selection in its doesn't
take, i can push 2 button, and as soon i push the third one it doesn't
register the selection , i the third button want stick in and let the
mechanism start, any clue where to look?

Relays or where?

Thank Guys

Zoanetti
Do the 1st and 2nd digit selection lights come on as you are making the selections ?
Have you a service manual ?

What machine do you have, your title say 454 your text says 474 ?
Old December 6th 11, 01:14 PM
g0pkh g0pkh is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0pkh View Post
Do the 1st and 2nd digit selection lights come on as you are making the selections ?
Have you a service manual ?

What machine do you have, your title say 454 your text says 474 ?
Seems to have been hardly worth the effort of me replying
Old February 19th 12, 09:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Well I can answer the questions for me having the same problem... Yes the first two buttons do light up regardless of which combination I use the third button pushed sticks, and will not register at all... If I turn the power off it resets itself only to have the same thing happen all over again. We do not have a manual, I can afford to get one at the moment. Mine is a 454. Please Help!!! I'm sorry the last guy wasted your time!!!
Old February 19th 12, 11:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Oldtimejuker

On Feb 19, 4:07*pm, wrote:
Well I can answer the questions for me having the same problem... Yes the first two buttons do light up regardless of which combination I use the third button pushed sticks, and will not register at all... If I turn the power off it resets itself only to have the same thing happen all over again. We do not have a manual, I can afford to get one at the moment. *Mine is a 454. *Please Help!!! I'm sorry the last guy wasted your time!!!

You often need a manual just to locate a part that a reply directs you
to. For now let's see if we can get lucky. A common cause of your
problem could be a set of leaf switches under the keyboard, that make
when the lock solenoid pulls in. Ray
Old February 21st 12, 09:04 AM
g0pkh g0pkh is offline
Junior Member

Hello

So you can confirm that the 1st and 2nd digit lights do work when you make the selection, and that the 3rd button actually does latch, but nothing else happens, is that correct ?

In this condition, what happens when you press the reset button, rather than just powering off ? Does the button release ?

If this information is correct, then it sounds like the write-in motor is not starting, there may be a problem with the motor itself (quite common), or if you are lucky the relay that controls it.
Does this relay operate ? (it is mounted on the power supply panel I think certainly is on the 474). This was the problem on my own machine, the relay contact was badly burned.

As Ray has mentioned above, this relay is operated by a leaf switch on the selection bank, and should actually be labelled as "Write-In Relay" hopefully.

A service manual would be very useful to you.

Pete

Last edited by g0pkh : February 21st 12 at 09:26 AM.