Should I ship candy boxes gift-wrapped or in plain brown thru US Mail?

Old November 29th 04, 09:20 PM
tariq rahim

Default Should I ship candy boxes gift-wrapped or in plain brown thru US Mail?

Will gift-wrapped boxes encourage looting by the mail handlers?
Whereas something shipped in plain brown looks less festive when the
recipient gets it. Please advise.
Old November 30th 04, 01:31 PM
John Mycroft

US mail handlers aren't notorious for looting packages - I have never had
anything go astray and I have mailed obvious gifts, cash, wine, you name it.
Why not put a brown paper wrapper over the gift wrap or put the whole
package in a plain box?

--
Cheers - John Mycroft
coryton_at_cobbsmill_dot_com

om...

Old December 11th 04, 04:28 AM
Terry Reedy

"tariq rahim" wrote in message
om...
Will gift-wrapped boxes encourage looting by the mail handlers?
Whereas something shipped in plain brown looks less festive when the
recipient gets it. Please advise.

Plain brown or some such may be required. PO certainly will not be
responsible for tearing of gift wrap, which tends to be more delicate.

Old December 12th 04, 02:52 AM
Phil Ately

"Terry Reedy" wrote in message

"tariq rahim" wrote in message
om...
Will gift-wrapped boxes encourage looting by the mail handlers?
Whereas something shipped in plain brown looks less festive when the
recipient gets it. Please advise.

Ship gift-wrapped and then wrap newspaper (always fun to read what life is
liek where the package orginated, and then brown wrap.

Not to avoid theft (I think it's pretty obvious that most of the packages
are gifts, and the Customs Declaration pretty much simplifies the process of
theivery of wanted), but to pretect the goft wrap.
HTH

Plain brown or some such may be required. PO certainly will not be
responsible for tearing of gift wrap, which tends to be more delicate.

Should I ship candy boxes gift-wrapped or in plain brown thru US Mail? tariq rahim General Discussion 3 December 12th 04 02:52 AM
FS - 89/90 OPC Singles Dogger Hockey 0 May 29th 04 09:21 PM
ST Auctionne with Cinema Collection binders! ooooo! Lynne Stewart Cards:- non-sport 0 March 23rd 04 03:46 PM
NEW HUGE Football WAX CASE LIST !!! Blowoutcds Football (US) 0 September 8th 03 02:56 PM
NEW HUGE Baseball WAX CASE LIST !!! Blowoutcds Baseball 0 September 8th 03 02:55 PM