FS: Cool vintage Fountain Pens

Old August 6th 05, 05:30 PM

Default FS: Cool vintage Fountain Pens

Hi All - I'm clearing out some of my collection. All pens are in
working order unless otherwise specified. The links are to photos.
First e-mailer to clearly state they want a particular pen gets it.
Paypal preferred, but I can accept U.S. money orders and checks (checks
must clear before shipment). Shipping on any one item is $6.00 within
the USA, and I can combine items to save on shipping. Have fun looking
(and hopefully buying). Andy Rothman, .

1. Eversharp Executive Skyline pen and pencil set in original box. This
is a true executive oversize model. Black barrels, grayish-green
striped caps. Huge fine 14k Eversharp nib. The box is malformed
somewhat. Also, the pencil is flattened on one side, as if some prior
owner had sanded it down (but it works). However, the pen has no
problems aside from a bit of brassing on the clip and lever (noticeable
under a loupe). $250

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...xecsklnnib.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...ecsklnset1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...ecsklnset2.jpg

2. Scarce Moore Fingertip set, black, in original box with
instructions/warranty document. The pencil still has the price sticker
on it. The Fingertip, of course, is the space-age looking (for the
1940s, that is) pen Moore developed to compete with the Parker 51
(guess who won). A very high quality pen that is hard to find today,
especially in the original box with instructions. Tiny spot of brassing
on the pen's lever (almost imperceptible). Otherwise excellent
condition on both pieces. Fine point Moore inlaid 14k nib with
heart-shaped vent hole. $375

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...tipboxset1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...tipboxpncl.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...fgtipinstr.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...tipboxnib2.jpg

3. Another Moore Fingertip pen and pencil set, this one in dark green
(no box or instructions with this one). The pencil still has its price
sticker. Small brassed spot on the pen's cap band, Otherwise
excellent condition on both pieces. Fine point Moore inlaid 14k nib
with double vent holes (one heart-shaped). $300

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...ipgreenset.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...ipgreennib.jpg

4. Yet another Moore Fingertip set (I know I said these were scarce and
to list three sets makes it seem otherwise, but I've been collecting
these over several years). This set is maroon, and the pen still has
its original sticker. Excellent ++ condition, no brassing on either
piece. Fine point 14k Moore inlaid nib with double vent holes (one
heart-shaped). $325

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...pmaroonset.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...pmaroonpen.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...pmaroonnib.jpg

5. Waterman's Emerald Ray Inkvue set, standard size, with the
original extremely art deco presentation box. A gorgeous set, with the
gold-filled "globe" end pieces intact, as well as a smooth
gold-filled top piece to the pen. Pen and pencil are in extremely fine
condition. The box is very good, with no tears but with some small
writing in pencil on the lid and the inside. Waterman's 14k fine
point "purple" (i.e., stiff) nib with "keyhole" shaped vent hole.
$375

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe..._inkvuebox.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...inkvuebox2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe..._inkvuenib.jpg

6. Sheaffer blue/black 3-25 balance in very hard to find vest pocket
size, with clip. Color is quite good (the photo is pretty accurate),
with some even darkening. Trim in great shape as well. Overall
condition is very fine. Fine point 3-25 Sheaffer 14k nib. $300

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...pktbluebal.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~arothman/pe...tblubalnib.jpg