Smoothest Ballpoint pen?

Old May 24th 05, 04:48 PM
Centurion

I'd say Montblanc, although their refills aren't the smoothest to the
end, only when new are they particularly smooth. I loathe to recommend
them because some of their employees at their boutiques are rather rude
and unfriendly. Doesn't Montblanc understand that the buying
experience of a name pen like Montblanc is very important?!?

Old May 30th 05, 10:52 PM
Earl Camembert

On 24 May 2005 08:48:29 -0700, "Centurion"
wrote:

I'd say Montblanc, although their refills aren't the smoothest to the
end, only when new are they particularly smooth. I loathe to recommend
them because some of their employees at their boutiques are rather rude
and unfriendly. Doesn't Montblanc understand that the buying
experience of a name pen like Montblanc is very important?!?

That is part of the expectance. Montblanc's are so superior it is an
honour to be sold one. The servant's entrance is in the rear. The
smoothest, by far, is the Space pen; they have refills for all pens.
The ink is under pressure and will write at any angle and through
butter. Oh yes it will write on the moon as well.
Old July 15th 05, 02:23 AM
Yogi

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:12:37 GMT, Nic wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations on the smoothest ball point pen?
Parker? Papermate? Sheaffer?

Is there a difference in smoothness between black and blue
inks in ballpoint pens? Especially pertaining to Parker ballpoint
pens as most of my ballpoint pens are Parkers.

What is that "fuzz" that develops on the nib of the ballpoint
pens? Is it paper fibres matted with the ink?

Regards
Nic

The smothest by far is the
http://www.spacepen.com/ developed by Fisher for the moon landign
Reasonabled priced and made to fit most pens. Writes in any poestion
even oner greese. None better.
Old July 15th 05, 05:58 AM
radarman10

I'd say the Parker Frontier Roller Ball.
Look @ http://www.adsources.com/PENS/PARKER/frontier.htm
They look great, price is nice and the medium writes like silk.

The refiills are hard to find now that Office Maxi/Depot doesn't carry
them anymore.

I used one for several years before I switched back to FPs after
retiring from the military.

Radarman

Old August 2nd 05, 07:24 AM
Free Citizen

"radarman10" wrote in message
I'd say the Parker Frontier Roller Ball.
Look @ http://www.adsources.com/PENS/PARKER/frontier.htm
They look great, price is nice and the medium writes like silk.

The refiills are hard to find now that Office Maxi/Depot doesn't carry
them anymore.

I used one for several years before I switched back to FPs after
retiring from the military.

Radarman

The smoothest I have come across is the Cross broad tip. Their range looks
good too.

--
Tze-Hong Lim

Georgetown, Penang
Malaysia

Old August 5th 05, 02:13 PM
Sleehrat

I have a few to suggest.

A lesson I learned from the late great Frank Dubiel, "you're paying for
a holder, not the refill." So, with that in mind, it comes down to a
balance of personal style and writing preference.

My arsenal of nice pens:

Medium black - Sheaffer Balance II ballpoint
Medium blue - Lamy 2000
Fine blue - Waterman Carene
Fine black - Cross Solo (the older ones with the matte black clip have
a weight and size comparable to the venerable parker 51)

For disposables:

Medium black - Bic (particularly the new ink)
Medium blue - Papermate (although its a little too smooth for my taste)
Fine blue - Foray retractable (exclusive to Office Depot) with a
precision point. My favorite disposable -- this thing writes as
intensely as a gel and is wonderful for editing!!!!!!!!
Fine black - Bic (ditto the above)

For a very smooth write in a ballpoint, generally the broader the
point, the smoother the flow. Sheaffer, Cross, Mount Blanc seem to be
preferred broad points. For disposable, I have used Scripto or
Pentels. Generally, I don't like broad point pens other than for
signatures.

Do PARKER ballpoint refills fit ROTRING ballpoint pens? Patek Pens & Pencils 3 March 28th 05 06:22 PM
Pushbutton Montblanc ballpoint pens? JK Pens & Pencils 0 July 22nd 04 01:37 AM
Old Sheaffer Ballpoint refill- Help!! Mazur Pens & Pencils 2 May 11th 04 05:21 PM
Demi ballpoint? RJM Pens & Pencils 0 December 1st 03 04:14 PM
The world's smoothest ballpoint. Giovanni Abrate Pens & Pencils 7 November 4th 03 02:35 AM