Tape Player Problem

Old May 12th 05, 03:20 PM
CAINE

I put my Akai dual monos on the oscilloscope using an 8-track test
tape- man what an eye opener- it verified what I saw on my digital EQ
readout w/spectrum analyer

Played through solid state, a typical analog recording will be down at
the low end and down at the high end.

Played through a tube amp, an analog recording will be a flat response,
with the low end and high end juiced up.

I used to have to push up the response at the ends of the spectrum on
my EQ using a solid state amp, and/or use loudness button and treble
knob to get a flat response that sounded half decent.

With a tube amp, I don't even NEED the EQ (it's put away now)- and can
playback with tone controls set at zero, and get better, cleaner sound
with great depth- makes SS looks like ****.

The O-scope showed how the tube amps flatten the response. You could
see it in the height of the waves using a test tape with various tones.
With SS the high end drops right off using an 8-track, with tubes it
actually increases a bit.

Old May 12th 05, 07:54 PM
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 12 May 2005 06:39:08 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

thanks for the kind words tell bob the loser who thinks he knows all becuse
he worked for the bell system doing telephones lol most of them jerks cant
even properly install phone service i made my installer do it right and by
code with me right behind him to spite his saying well its costly to do it
this way and oure company wont like it i say tough my money you do it my
way. snip

What a clueless moron. Go suck off Charlie Nudo. PLONK...into the
kill file disposal you go, jerkoff!
Old May 12th 05, 07:55 PM
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 11 May 2005 06:31:34 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

cycle rate you dum ass is 60 cycles per second and you can get poor cycle
rates if you get power sags or brown outs and that is a proven fact any
power company will back you up on . snip

Dumbass...that's called "line frequency." Did you graduate from jr.
high, or not?

"Brownouts" are a function of voltage. You can have low frequency and
still not have a "brownout."

What a clueless moron.
Old May 12th 05, 07:57 PM
DeserTBoB

On 12 May 2005 07:20:39 -0700, "CAINE"
wrote:

I put my Akai dual monos on the oscilloscope snip

You don't even know HOW to use an oscilloscope, Noodles...remember?
HAHAHAHAHA! What a liar.

using an 8-track test
tape- man what an eye opener- it verified what I saw on my digital EQ
readout w/spectrum analyer snip

You have NONE of that stuff, and wouldn't know how to use it if you
had it, asshole...quit posing!

dB

Old May 13th 05, 12:18 PM
UNIVERSAL GENIUS

you can add "legend in his own mind" to that list, Andy.

Old May 13th 05, 12:21 PM
UNIVERSAL GENIUS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESO%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESO%3AIT&rd=1

Old May 13th 05, 08:11 PM
DeserTBoB

On 13 May 2005 04:21:59 -0700, "UNIVERSAL GENIUS"
wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESO%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESO%3AIT&rd=1

LMAO! "Trade school" junk from the early '50s. "Tested from 50 Hz
to 15 KHz"...what an idiot! ANY "television" scope would have to do
at least 5 MHZ FLAT to be remotely useful, and I don't think this
boatanchor could do that at all. MRI...ROFLMAO!

Noodles...scamster and fraudster supreme! Come back when you get some
REAL test gear, moron...and bring your pseudonym Andy along with you
for fun!
Old May 15th 05, 12:16 AM
UNIVERSAL GENIUS

it's not like scopes are rare, valuable, and hard to find....

they're a dime a dozen !

Old May 15th 05, 12:18 AM
UNIVERSAL GENIUS

take your pick !

there's over 700 for sale on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/oscilloscope_...Qsaca tZ92074

ps- how you gonna live with 1/2 your union pension ??

yay me !