Stops on the Sheaffer Tour

Old September 21st 04, 10:52 PM
PENDEMONIUM

Default Stops on the Sheaffer Tour

A lot of people have asked exactly what the final Sheaffer Tour on
October 8th is going to cover. Each tour will last about 1 hour and
will include stops and narrative in each of these departments.

First Floor:
The tour will start in the Sheaffer Lobby and proceed to Metal Fab,
Plating, 3 different Assembly areas, Packaging and Shipping

Second Floor:
Past Maintenance (no stop), Refills, Plastics Molding, Quality
Assurance, Pen Point, Service (Repair Dept)

Fourth Floor:
Technically, the fourth floor is now closed, but Sheaffer has agreed to
take people on the tour to their 4th floor Archives!

Advance reservations are required for the tour. If you walk up to
Sheaffer the day of the tour without a ticket, they're going to send you
back to Pendemonium to try and find a slot for you. The afternoon tours
are just about all filled. The tour is $20 and includes dinner at
Pendemonium Oct 7th, Reception at Lost Duck Microbrewery Oct 8 and
dinner at The Ivy Oct 8th. Plus it is Oktoberfest weekend in Fort
Madison, so the food and music will be flowing all day on Oct 9th.

More details and an online reservation form are on our special Sheaffer
Tour Page on our website, the link is below.

Tour the Sheaffer Pen Factory Oct 8th
http://www.pendemonium.com/sheaffer_tour.htm

Good Collecting and we look forward to seeing you in Fort Madison!
Sam
Old September 22nd 04, 11:55 PM
PGBarto

Sorry Sam if this has been asked: would Sheaffer agree to digital photos of
the tour so that they could be posted, and perhaps archived at PCA?
Thanks,
Gary
Old September 23rd 04, 02:13 AM
PENDEMONIUM

PGBarto wrote:

Sorry Sam if this has been asked: would Sheaffer agree to digital photos of
the tour so that they could be posted, and perhaps archived at PCA?

Gary: Photos (with some restrictions) will be allowed on the Sheaffer
Factory Tour, I suspect there will be some posted at various sites :-)

Best regards, Sam
Old September 23rd 04, 04:57 AM
DaveW

PENDEMONIUM wrote:

PGBarto wrote:

Sorry Sam if this has been asked: would Sheaffer agree to digital photos of
the tour so that they could be posted, and perhaps archived at PCA?

Gary: Photos (with some restrictions) will be allowed on the Sheaffer
Factory Tour, I suspect there will be some posted at various sites :-)

Best regards, Sam

While on the tour, why not raise the question of trademark and copywrite
on the Sheaffer Snorkel? After all, if anyone would know, they would!

Regards,

DAve
Old September 23rd 04, 03:39 PM
PENDEMONIUM

DaveW wrote:
While on the tour, why not raise the question of trademark and copywrite
on the Sheaffer Snorkel? After all, if anyone would know, they would!

Dave: to the best of my knowledge, Bic's legal department handles all
of the Sheaffer legal affairs which this would fall under. Of course
you could ask, but I think the issue would get referred back to Bic
Legal in Conn.

Sam