Pop Survey

Old July 27th 04, 06:52 AM
G. L. Pease

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:39:35 -0700, Bluesea wrote
(in message ):

GLP's post reminded me that I've also got Noodler's black in a Sonnet.

How's it working for you? I'm finding the feed of my Sonnet just a little
too dry for the Ottoman Rose, while Quink flows flawlessly. (Say it 10
times fast.)

I also neglected to mention the Habanero in a Conway Stewart, and it's a
fantastic combination.

-glp

--
Gregory Pease
G. L. Pease Tobaccos

Visit the Blender's Notebook: http://www.glpease.com/BlendersNotebook
Read the latest - Aged, or just Old - Vintage Tobaccos and Cigars

Old July 27th 04, 07:00 AM
G. L. Pease

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 0:50:16 -0700, Juan wrote
(in message ) :

Greg?? This is a small world or what? Are fountain pens and pipes related? I
also found Sonam here.

I think there's more than a little overlap, Juan. We're throwbacks, we
like nicely crafted things, we enjoy the spice of variety, and look
forward to opportunities to commune with our little collectables. Trying
different inks is fun, as is learning the idiosuncracies of different
pens. There are numerous parallels between pens and inks and pipes and
tobaccos. On top of all that, it is, indeed, a small world.

Pens have actually been a fascination for me longer than pipes. I got my
first Mont Blanc, a Carrera model, while in secondary school, and never
looked back!

I only recently "discovered" this group, and have been amazed at the
level of knowledge and willingness to share. What a fantastic bunch!

-glp

Old July 27th 04, 06:04 PM
Bluesea

"G. L. Pease" wrote in message
al.NET...
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:39:35 -0700, Bluesea wrote
(in message ):

GLP's post reminded me that I've also got Noodler's black in a Sonnet.

How's it working for you?

Nicely. The blue-black mix of Aquamarine (contract) Blue and Black, however,
didn't perform as well as it didn't in my Namiki Falcons, also. It must be
something about the flex/semi-flex nib that throws it off because it (and
the contract blue by itself) behave well in my non-flex pens.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old August 11th 04, 02:05 AM
Ron Wilbanks

Bluesea wrote:
Since we've been on the topic of ink recently, another Pop Survey to
correspond is appropriate.

Question: What brand(s) of black, blue-black, blue, red, green, purple,
and/or turquoise do you currently have loaded in your pen(s)?

Aurora Black
Aurora Blue
Waterman Florida Blue
Waterman Green

--
Sincerely yours,

Ron Wilbanks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Spam filter: -1 for the real thing!

Old August 11th 04, 04:42 AM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

Swisher Black
Swisher Aquamarine Blue Contract Ink
Noodlers Verdun
Noodlers Ottoman Rose
Parker Penman Sapphire Blue
Caran D'Ache Turquoise Green
Sheaffer's Vintage Peacock Blue
Sheaffer's New Peacock Blue
(I can't tell the difference between the vintage and new)
PR DC SuperShow Blue
J Herbin Cyclamen Rose (is that a red?)

--
All incoming and outgoing mail scanned using Norton Anti Virus, by the
shores of beautiful Puget Sound.
"Ron Wilbanks" wrote in message
. com...

Old September 30th 04, 02:47 PM
John B. Egger

Ron Wilbanks wrote:

Bluesea wrote:

Since we've been on the topic of ink recently, another Pop Survey to
correspond is appropriate.

Question: What brand(s) of black, blue-black, blue, red, green, purple,
and/or turquoise do you currently have loaded in your pen(s)?

Aurora Black
Aurora Blue
Waterman Florida Blue
Waterman Green

Namiki Vanishing Point, Parker Quink black;
sometimes carry others but this is my regular.

--
--John
Registered Linux User #291592
Old September 30th 04, 03:31 PM
John B. Egger

Ron Wilbanks wrote:

Bluesea wrote:

Since we've been on the topic of ink recently, another Pop Survey to
correspond is appropriate.

Question: What brand(s) of black, blue-black, blue, red, green, purple,
and/or turquoise do you currently have loaded in your pen(s)?

Aurora Black
Aurora Blue
Waterman Florida Blue
Waterman Green

Parker Quink black (my standard for most daily writing)
Private Reserve Sherwood Green
Diamante Monaco Red (trying this in my Parker 45, for grading papers)

Old September 30th 04, 04:08 PM
Garglemonster

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:31:37 GMT, "John B. Egger"
said:

John Ron Wilbanks wrote:
Bluesea wrote:
Since we've been on the topic of ink recently, another Pop
Survey to correspond is appropriate.

Question: What brand(s) of black, blue-black, blue, red,
green, purple, and/or turquoise do you currently have loaded
in your pen(s)?

Aurora Black Aurora Blue Waterman Florida Blue Waterman Green

don't use black, green, purple, or turquoise

i do use waterman florida blue, mb blueblack, and herbin reds.

--

empty war heads found in white house
Old September 30th 04, 11:05 PM
so what

empty war heads found in white house

The WMDs!! War heads of Mass Destruction!

SURVEY TIME: Postage when you started TTM collecting? pe2 Autographs 6 January 21st 05 11:59 AM
SURVEY TIME for kick-off 2005 pe2 Autographs 8 January 10th 05 05:42 AM
Pop Survey Bluesea Pens & Pencils 28 July 16th 04 07:03 PM
Survey Time: Ever lost an autograph? pe2 Autographs 14 June 13th 04 03:50 AM