Phantomm's scans.

Old September 2nd 09, 01:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Phantomm's scans.

broadcast by request

received at 6.5Mb converted to *.jpg to 490Kb

http://cjoint.com/data/jccsP17tzX.htm

comments:
top left china, i refer to as the "clouds"
there are about 6 differing styles to this design
and can be a challenge to separate.

the wa swan is an "inverted frame" not an "inverted swan"

Your stamps have "rust" (the brown toning spots)
these should be treated or discarded as the rust migrates to your other stamps
in ideal conditions.

you may wish to try adhering a black A4 sheet (with blu tak) to the top
of your scanner lid, the stamps will be scanned with a black background
which looks so much nicer for mine, and highlights the perfs.

Bhutan
http://cjoint.com/data/jccClFinFc.htm

these are "lenticular stamps" or if you will,
"laminated prismatic ribbed plastic surfaced stamp"
I have one of these that has been postally used.

The US have some with a similar concept, that requires a "decoder" to read.

uruguay
http://cjoint.com/data/jccF3FkMgU.htm

art stamps
http://cjoint.com/data/jccGXaYaFC.htm

Old September 2nd 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"rodney"
the wa swan is an "inverted frame" not an "inverted swan"

Barry,
here is the lithographic stone that printed your "inverted frame"

Obviously the right hand block of stamps, go to the last column rhs, then 5 down

fascinating, isn't it!

http://cjoint.com/data/jccQuDB7s7.htm

Acknowlegement: Mr. Wim Smits Philatelist.

Old September 2nd 09, 12:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Sep 2, 10:46 am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
"rodney"

the wa swan is an "inverted frame" not an "inverted swan"

Barry,
here is the lithographic stone that printed your "inverted frame"

Obviously the right hand block of stamps, go to the last column rhs, then 5 down

fascinating, isn't it!

http://cjoint.com/data/jccQuDB7s7.htm

Acknowlegement: Mr. Wim Smits Philatelist.

The two Chinese stamps are (by my Ancient Gibbons Part 17), SG 1493
and SG EC387 - both worth 10p each 20 years ago or so

Tony
Old September 2nd 09, 01:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Tony,
be careful with old Gibbons and China,
IIRC they revamped some numbering with China.

Old September 2nd 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
phantomm_1

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in message
broadcast by request

received at 6.5Mb converted to *.jpg to 490Kb

http://cjoint.com/data/jccsP17tzX.htm

comments:
top left china, i refer to as the "clouds"
there are about 6 differing styles to this design
and can be a challenge to separate.

the wa swan is an "inverted frame" not an "inverted swan"

Your stamps have "rust" (the brown toning spots)
these should be treated or discarded as the rust migrates to your other
stamps
in ideal conditions.

Yep, they have been stored for awhile and the light glue is starting to die.
I removed them and scanned before cleaning them properly.

you may wish to try adhering a black A4 sheet (with blu tak) to the top
of your scanner lid, the stamps will be scanned with a black background
which looks so much nicer for mine, and highlights the perfs.

I agree, black does bring out the stamps more.

Bhutan
http://cjoint.com/data/jccClFinFc.htm

these are "lenticular stamps" or if you will,
"laminated prismatic ribbed plastic surfaced stamp"
I have one of these that has been postally used.

The US have some with a similar concept, that requires a "decoder" to
read.

I would like to know the ID number and value of the Bhutan,
the guy who had them, didn't want to give em up (years ago).
Also, are there more like this with same subject?

uruguay
http://cjoint.com/data/jccF3FkMgU.htm

Id and Value if possible.

art stamps
http://cjoint.com/data/jccGXaYaFC.htm

Id and Value if possible.

Thanks,

Old September 2nd 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
phantomm_1

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in message

"rodney"
the wa swan is an "inverted frame" not an "inverted swan"

Barry,
here is the lithographic stone that printed your "inverted frame"

Obviously the right hand block of stamps, go to the last column rhs, then
5 down

fascinating, isn't it!

http://cjoint.com/data/jccQuDB7s7.htm

Acknowlegement: Mr. Wim Smits Philatelist.

that is interesting, on more than one occassion have we wondered about that.
thanks,
Barry

Old September 3rd 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"phantomm_1"
I would like to know the ID number and value of the Bhutan,
the guy who had them, didn't want to give em up (years ago).
Also, are there more like this with same subject?

Of course Barry

You can pick these up generally from "phossick boxes" at auctions
you have to be careful, otherwise you will suffer from ridicule buying these plastic stamps
I usually suggest I am buying them for a young collector, and sneak them home.

Here are my Bhutan lenticular including the masks
http://cjoint.com/data/jdbjs0Csb1.htm

The space are 1967 SG155 through to 166
The ceremonial masks are 1976 SG346-356

CV catalogue about 10c each

The insect is probably an "appendix stamp" =issued in excess of postal needs
in other words a cinderella .

Bhutan is widely known for its eccentricities, the latest being a stamp as a CDRom
that gives the history of Bhutan.

Old September 3rd 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"phantomm_1"
I would like to know the ID number and value of the Bhutan,
the guy who had them, didn't want to give em up (years ago).
Also, are there more like this with same subject?

Well, there are these very realistic fauna lenticular labels from Yemen....
http://cjoint.com/data/jdccwLvYJe.htm

Old September 3rd 09, 06:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Sep 2, 8:05*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
"phantomm_1"

I would like to know the ID number and value of the Bhutan,
the guy who had them, didn't want to give em up (years ago).
Also, are there more like this with same subject?

Well, there are these very realistic fauna lenticular labels from Yemen.....http://cjoint.com/data/jdccwLvYJe.htm

They were valid for postage, but probably only used philatelically on
postal covers.
Postal Cancels come out terribly on such stamps as with BHUTAN.

Blair

does anyone have two scans ... Sue H Autographs 3 February 19th 05 05:39 PM
TAKE A LOOK 1/1, 4/6, 1/10, 1/22, SEE THE SCANS.......... SC SportsCards Hockey 0 April 12th 04 06:31 PM
FS/ 1/1, 1/6, 1/10, 1/20, 1/22....SEE SCANS SC SportsCards Hockey 0 February 19th 04 02:38 PM
Scans! [email protected] ( Coins 1 January 29th 04 12:50 AM
Successes/scans Matthew George Autographs 0 July 20th 03 05:56 PM