Grading Services for Planchets?

Old July 3rd 03, 11:28 PM
eXistenZ32

Default Grading Services for Planchets?

Do any of the grading services allow you to
send planchets in? I could've sworn I saw a picture of
a sac planchet on a slab, but i cant remember where. I've
got a couple I'd like to send off as "filler", but I dont
recall which service let you do that

Any help?

Thanks

--
______ ______
..-----.|__ ||__ | eXistenZ32
|_____||______||______|
Old July 4th 03, 01:24 AM
Craton

In article , eXistenZ32
spoke thusly...
Do any of the grading services allow you to
send planchets in? I could've sworn I saw a picture of
a sac planchet on a slab, but i cant remember where. I've
got a couple I'd like to send off as "filler", but I dont
recall which service let you do that

NGC will even sometimes date them:

How silly is that? :-)

A few smart folks rounded up all they could during the first year of
production and both PCGS and NGC dated them. Couldn't have been any
other year.

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------
Old July 4th 03, 01:30 AM
Stujoe

In article , Craton spoke thusly...

In article , eXistenZ32
spoke thusly...
Do any of the grading services allow you to
send planchets in? I could've sworn I saw a picture of
a sac planchet on a slab, but i cant remember where. I've
got a couple I'd like to send off as "filler", but I dont
recall which service let you do that

NGC will even sometimes date them:

How silly is that? :-)

A few smart folks rounded up all they could during the first year of
production and both PCGS and NGC dated them. Couldn't have been any
other year.

Makes sense but it still seems very silly to me. I figure very few
people collect them by date and mint mark :-) and they probably look
quite a bit like 2001's and 02's and... :-)

--
Stu Miller
Read about Coins in the News:
Old July 4th 03, 02:32 AM
Craton

Makes sense but it still seems very silly to me. I figure very few
people collect them by date and mint mark :-) and they probably look
quite a bit like 2001's and 02's and... :-)

Absolutely true ....... but they do sell for more then an undated

Old July 4th 03, 08:13 AM
Ran Shalgi

Stujoe wrote in message .. .
In article , eXistenZ32
spoke thusly...
Do any of the grading services allow you to
send planchets in? I could've sworn I saw a picture of
a sac planchet on a slab, but i cant remember where. I've
got a couple I'd like to send off as "filler", but I dont
recall which service let you do that

NGC will even sometimes date them:

How silly is that? :-)

It gets even sillier. Slabbing companies have been known to grade
blank planchets on the MS Sheldon scale. I've seen (online, not in
person) blank planchets graded PCGS-MS63, PCGS-MS64 and PCGS-MS65...