Bad Co. opens for Foghat- Jimmy Page plays in encore-timeline 1975

Old August 1st 04, 01:41 PM
trippin28track

Default Bad Co. opens for Foghat- Jimmy Page plays in encore-timeline 1975

http://www.wheelinthesky.org/badco/jimmybadco.html

That would have been a memorable moment indeed.
Old August 5th 04, 09:42 PM
The Poodlebutt

(trippin28track) wrote in message . com...
http://www.wheelinthesky.org/badco/jimmybadco.html

That would have been a memorable moment indeed.

Whoop-tee-dooo. Washed up has-beens on parade. Enough to make a
washed-up has-been like yourself get the first erection in eight years
that didn't involve those guys you play poker with.
Old August 6th 04, 11:52 AM
trippin28track

(laughter)- I knew old Polly just couldn't resist a Jimmy Page
thread...a sure catch every time. It was so obvious long time ago, his
ego sting of missing out totally on vintage Led Zeppelin when they
were around and touring, is just too much for him to deal with. Major
inferiority complex, right Paul ??

FYI it's a vintage writeup from the 1970's, not a recent one- you
dummy. So they weren't "has beens", the piece is written in present
tense.

Perhaps next time I'll find a writeup on your generation's flag waving
icon, Boy George...(chuckle...) how can Jimmy Page compare ?? (LOL)
Old August 7th 04, 03:03 AM
The Poodlebutt

(trippin28track) wrote in message . com...
(laughter)- I knew old Polly just couldn't resist a Jimmy Page
thread...a sure catch every time. It was so obvious long time ago, his
ego sting of missing out totally on vintage Led Zeppelin when they
were around and touring, is just too much for him to deal with. Major
inferiority complex, right Paul ??

FYI it's a vintage writeup from the 1970's, not a recent one- you
dummy. So they weren't "has beens", the piece is written in present
tense.

Perhaps next time I'll find a writeup on your generation's flag waving
icon, Boy George...(chuckle...) how can Jimmy Page compare ?? (LOL)

Actually, I was old enough to see Live Aid in 1986 on TV when I was
thirteen, and Jimmy was so loaded on heroin or else a
liquor/barbituate combo that he barely humped through Rock and Roll,
Whole Lotta Love, and Stairway without biting through the tip of his
tongue and nodding off onstage.

He was a has-been then, he is a has-been now. Mike Arlt, a tracker
much greater than you, who used to post entertaining stories to this
site before your sorry ass cluttered it up with horse**** drivel, had
had brushes with Mr. Page and was personally acquainted with what a
cheapskate mother****er he could be.

Of course, the reason Led Zep is keeping their performance off the new
Live Aid DVD is the inferior sound quality. Not the fact that Jimmy
was blasted on dope, looking like his eyelids were about to wipe the
floor.
Old August 7th 04, 04:43 PM
trippin28track

Oh my gosh ya don't say, a rock n roll guitarist on HEROIN ?? I never
dreamed they did that stuff...golly gee whittakers...I'll never listen
to Zep or Pagey again...(not)

Wake up Paul, so did the Beatles, Clapton, Stones, Hendrix, Doors,
Airplane, Dead, cripes every friggin' rock band going worth a **** was
on dope- where do you think they got the creativity from ?? John
Lennon openly admitted to "at least a thousand" LSD trips while with
the Beatles. BIG DEAL- he's still a rock icon right ?? You've been
listening to way too much new wave and country- so you have nothing to
base your rock views on. You were 13 in 1986, my God- I f-ing feel
sorry for you. Your age group had one good band worth listening to,
Guns n Roses, which self destructed anyway- which explains your
disposition. You categorize all rock bands into the "hair band" or
your childhood, which were ****ty bands like Motley
Crue-Poison-Ratt-Wasp- who all really sucked. You have NO background
whatsoever in classic rock- and didn't grow up being weaned on classic
rock when it was fresh and new and played daily on radio. How
pathetic. And I'd like to see you play a f-ing guitar too. So how do
you know a good riff from an easy cheap commercial one ?? By how it
sounds ?? WRONG. You have to play a guitar first to know how
difficult a certain song or passage is to play- and you are LOST in
that arena.

So your complaint is not a valid one. One bad show after Bonham died
doesn't mean Page and Zeppelin sucked. How bout the other thousand
GREAT shows and stellar LP's ?? They were rated #1 heavy metal band of
all time by rock musicians- everyone looks up to them- and no one
serious in rock music today would share your view. You're not even on
the playing field with remark.

Age 13, not exactly the age of infinite wisdom either- so your views
at that time do not hold much water. Watch some earlier Zep footage
NOW- like BBC sessions or The Song Remains the Same movie- then get
back to me. I bet you still have not even seen it. Again, sadly
pathetic musical background you have.

Even the later Page/Plant corraborations of the 1990's are better than
anything you've experienced so far in music- and what are you
recommending instead anyway ?? Let's hear it PAUL ??

The Sage of Tracking Paul Evans- puts down Bad Co. and Zep, and
instead collects f-ing Heino tapes. "but only if they have a good
label" for obsessive display purposes, right Paul ?? As if that
matters in music... Consider the source people...you'd toss Willie
Nelson's guitar cuz it has a hole in it...
Old December 19th 05, 01:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default Noodles takes another hit!

Here's yet another "Noodles Classic" for your enjoyment. This time,
Noodles' puerile tastes in music, notably for washed up heroes of the
high school stoner set, are there for all to see, and get properly
skewered by the acitic tongue of Paul Matthew Evans, "The Poodlebutt,"
to wit:

Bad Co. opens for Foghat- Jimmy Page plays in encore-timeline
1975

On 5 Aug 2004 13:42:01 -0700, (The
Poodlebutt) wrote:

(trippin28track) wrote in message . com...
http://www.wheelinthesky.org/badco/jimmybadco.html

That would have been a memorable moment indeed.

Whoop-tee-dooo. Washed up has-beens on parade. Enough to make a
washed-up has-been like yourself get the first erection in eight years
that didn't involve those guys you play poker with.

Hey Noodles! You have gang bangs at those poker parties? And you're
the "bangee?" BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!