Photo repair?

Old November 21st 04, 12:48 AM
Patrick

Default Photo repair?

Hi Guys,

I think I'm outta luck, but thought I'd see if anyone has any suggestions. I
won an autographed photo on eBay and when it arrived, I saw something that
wasn't obvious in the photo on eBay. The pic was personalized and the guy
obviously tried to remove the name...and then, after that didn't work well (you
can still see the personalization but it's faded), he did something
unbelievable....he tried to white it out!!! On a photo!!! UGH! Naturally,
none of this was mention on the auction, and you couldn't see it in the scan.
So anyway, it's pretty obvious when you have the pic in hand. I don't suppose
there's anyway to fix it up a little bit so it's not so obvious. Any
suggestions? (Aside from sending this guy a really nasty email and leaving
negative feedback?)

Thanks,
Patrick
Old November 21st 04, 01:41 AM
pe2

Patrick-

I've read in the group, that you can use plain ol' rubbing alcohol to remove
a personalized autograph, on a glossy photo.

I know this works for diecast cars (I've done it), but if I were you, I'd
take a que-tip cotton swab, dampen it lightly (don't overkill) with a little
alcohol, in a conspicuous area, if it comes off-great!!!

I would still consider send a nasty (but in a nice polite way) e-mail
regarding the condition of the photo; and possibly leave a "Neutral"
feedback, and state why the neutral was left.

hope the alcohol helps-
pe2

Old November 22nd 04, 01:49 AM
Wanda

I had a lovely photo of Jack Lemmon, but it was inscribed. I cut a funky
shaped mat for it, but took pains to mat out the inscription, while leaving
the signature. Turned out quite good, if I don't say do myself.

Love,
Wanda

newsnSnd.2491$ld2.159@trnddc05...

Old November 22nd 04, 04:50 PM
Barefootmk

DUDE...return the item and get your money back...if he says he doesn't want to
take the return- tell ebay that he changed the auction and the item and that
what you saw on ebay you did not pay for.
you're better off paying for something you want that to ruin it even further
and then NEVER see your money or a nice item for your money.

Old November 25th 04, 04:27 AM
SBFan2000

This is what I absolutely hate about ebay. Legit buyers and for that matter
sellers have to be worried about leaving negative feedback because they fear
"payback" feedback. I have sold quite a few items (50-60 now) and purchased
many more and had a 100% positive feedback, until I bought from a seller
that refused to deliver the item since he had "already sold it." I left
neutral feedback and in turn he left me negative feedback and ruined my 150+
positive feedbacks. Thankfully, he was later banished from ebay and as a
result my feedback went back upto 100% positive. They should find a way to
make it so you don't have to fear leaving truthful feedback. Of course, as
we all know they care only about their bottom line!

Thanks for letting me vent. ;-)

Glenn