New New Zealand stamp blunder

Old January 19th 05, 10:21 AM
John Mycroft

Default New New Zealand stamp blunder

Before Rodney can jump in with rude jokes about New Zealanders and sheep,
here's news of the latest screwed up stamp design to come out of the country
I love. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?ObjectID=10006952

Turns out that the stamp (from a country whose economy is founded on sheep)
shows a cross-dressing parent sheep with two lambs. All that's missing is a
handbag, a pipe and a touch of lipstick.

--
Cheers - John Mycroft
coryton_at_cobbsmill_dot_com

Old January 19th 05, 03:04 PM
Tony Clayton

In a recent message "John Mycroft" wrote:

Before Rodney can jump in with rude jokes about New Zealanders and sheep,
here's news of the latest screwed up stamp design to come out of the country
I love. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?ObjectID=10006952

Turns out that the stamp (from a country whose economy is founded on sheep)
shows a cross-dressing parent sheep with two lambs. All that's missing is a
handbag, a pipe and a touch of lipstick.

Ewe must be joking.

(Groan)

--
Tony Clayton or
Coins of the UK :
Old January 19th 05, 10:26 PM
Rodney

G'day John,
It's a painting, therefore it's protected under "interpretation"
It does look at little odd, but fairly consistant with a lot of modern
Pacific area "semi cartoons" as I see them.

If we go back in time, can you name one painting of the baby Jesus
that actually looked like a newly born child? To me, it always seemed
that Mary had been in labour for around 20 months.

........and if anyone had an axe to grind, what about poor old Winnie Churchill?
I have seen some absolute rank interpretations of his countenance on stamps

Nice Story though.

Rude jokes? me? never happen

Old January 23rd 05, 03:54 PM

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:04:11 +0000, Tony Clayton
wrote:

In a recent message "John Mycroft" wrote:

Before Rodney can jump in with rude jokes about New Zealanders and sheep,
here's news of the latest screwed up stamp design to come out of the country
I love. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?ObjectID=10006952

Turns out that the stamp (from a country whose economy is founded on sheep)
shows a cross-dressing parent sheep with two lambs. All that's missing is a
handbag, a pipe and a touch of lipstick.

Ewe must be joking.

(Groan)

At least he's not sheepish about it. :^)