Goofy PCGS label

Old March 25th 04, 04:03 AM
Jim Seymour

Default Goofy PCGS label

Got two coins off eBay recently that have me puzzled about PCGS's
labeling policies. No, I'm not talking about the grade - just how they
denote it on the slab.

Both coins are 2002-S Lincolns graded PR69DCAM by PCGS. Except one is
labeled "PR69 DCAM" and the other "PR69RD DCAM". If you do a cert
verification of the numbers, they both are reported as "PR69 DCAM".

Is this just a typo on the label - or is there some significance to the
extra "Red" designation. (I'd be pretty bummed if my moderm DCAM proof
Lincoln wasn't also Red!)

For those who need visuals: http://thentao.com/PCGSgoof.jpg

--
Jim Seymour
Old March 31st 04, 04:24 AM
Jim Seymour

Jim Seymour wrote:
Both coins are 2002-S Lincolns graded PR69DCAM by PCGS. Except one
is labeled "PR69 DCAM" and the other "PR69RD DCAM". If you do a cert
verification of the numbers, they both are reported as "PR69 DCAM".
[...]
For those who need visuals: http://thentao.com/PCGSgoof.jpg

Well, I could never find out if this coin's designation had any meaning,
so I decided to recycle it via eBay...

Who knows? Maybe somebody will decide it's a RARE LQQK ERROR!

--
Jim Seymour
Old March 31st 04, 04:47 AM
Winde Walker

Jim Seymour wrote:
Jim Seymour wrote:

Both coins are 2002-S Lincolns graded PR69DCAM by PCGS. Except one is
labeled "PR69 DCAM" and the other "PR69RD DCAM". If you do a cert
verification of the numbers, they both are reported as "PR69 DCAM".
[...]
For those who need visuals: http://thentao.com/PCGSgoof.jpg

Well, I could never find out if this coin's designation had any meaning,
so I decided to recycle it via eBay...

Who knows? Maybe somebody will decide it's a RARE LQQK ERROR!

I don't know how to read PCGS labels but it looks like they may have
been graded by different graders is the only difference.

Winde
'my 2 cents worth'