parker sonnet size

Old August 9th 08, 11:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

Default parker sonnet size

just a quickie: how big is the curren sonnet? i have a waterman expert
which is 5 1/2 inches with the cap on, 6 in posted and fairly light
and slender and i am hoping the sonnet is a bit more substantial
Old August 9th 08, 03:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Gordon Mattingly

5 3/16" capped
4 7/8" posted (cap to end of section)
circumference approx 3/4" - slender

I own two. Pleasant enough to use, but what I would consider a small pen (
for a man's hand).

Gordon

Old August 10th 08, 08:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

On 9 Aug, 15:17, "Gordon Mattingly" wrote:
5 3/16" capped
4 7/8" posted (cap to end of section)
circumference approx 3/4" - slender

I own two. Pleasant enough to use, but what I would consider a small pen (
for a man's hand).

Gordon

Thanks for the info. i will have to save up for a duofold.
Old August 11th 08, 12:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Gordon Mattingly

Thanks for the info. i will have to save up for a duofold.

I own one of those too. Two trips to the Parker service department and they
still can't get the nib and feed right. Skips badly. I don't plan to
purchase another. It was an expensive mistake. Looks good in a display case,
though.

Perhaps a Pelikan M600 of M800?

Gordon

Old August 11th 08, 06:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

On 11 Aug, 12:12, "Gordon Mattingly" wrote:
Thanks for the info. i will have to save up for a duofold.

I own one of those too. Two trips to the Parker service department and they
still can't get the nib and feed right. Skips badly. I don't plan to
purchase another. It was an expensive mistake. Looks good in a display case,
though.

Perhaps a Pelikan M600 of M800?

Gordon

Funny you should say that; I was just thinking, buy an M215 and dream
about a 600 or 800
Old August 12th 08, 10:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

In ,
Harry F. Leopold wrote:

I really need to think about picking up a red stripe 800 to go with my

black
800.

Needs are a funny thing, I guess .

Brian