Do you guys do VHS tape repair?

Old August 29th 06, 05:53 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Wereo_SUPREME

Default Do you guys do VHS tape repair?

Hi awl-

It's good to see D-Bob still pounding Noodles into submission.

I have a very important question regarding a Nuclear Warrior VHS tape.
Do you guys know about VHS tape repair? You know how these old home
movies can be. What happened is that at the end of the rewind the clear
leader tape broke off right at the beginning of the cartridge. I tried
taking it apart and doing a quickfix on it but I think I'll do more
harm than good. Plus a couple of little springs popped out and I'll
never be able to get this thing back together correctly.

Luckily the regular tape itself looks to be ok. It's just that the
little spool(s) inside either have to be installed into a new housing
or put back into the original housing. I'd like to get this done ASAP.

Anyone have any take on this new VHS leader-split problem? How much
should I give a technician to fix it? I'm thinking the handyman around
the buidling here *amy* be able to do it and I'll happily give him
$10.00 for doing it. Thanks again, Scott. This is a very important
Nuclear Warrior tape.

Old August 29th 06, 06:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 28 Aug 2006 21:53:31 -0700, "Wereo_SUPREME"
wrote:

Hi awl-

It's good to see D-Bob still pounding Noodles into submission.

I have a very important question regarding a Nuclear Warrior VHS tape.
Do you guys know about VHS tape repair? You know how these old home
movies can be. What happened is that at the end of the rewind the clear
leader tape broke off right at the beginning of the cartridge. snip

One of the most common failure modes of the VHS format. Beta never
did that, due to its tape path and wind. Newer VHS decks use a
"smart" controller than "knows" when the end of the tape is coming,
and slows down the rewind speed.

I tried
taking it apart and doing a quickfix on it but I think I'll do more
harm than good. Plus a couple of little springs popped out and I'll
never be able to get this thing back together correctly.

Luckily the regular tape itself looks to be ok. It's just that the
little spool(s) inside either have to be installed into a new housing
or put back into the original housing. I'd like to get this done ASAP.

Anyone have any take on this new VHS leader-split problem? How much
should I give a technician to fix it? I'm thinking the handyman around
the buidling here *amy* be able to do it and I'll happily give him
$10.00 for doing it. Thanks again, Scott. This is a very important
Nuclear Warrior tape. snip

It's a ten buck job, tops. If the leader split from the tape, just a
piece of splicing tape will do the job. Reassembly is a breeze, since
there's only one way they go back together. DO NOT LOSE THE SPRINGS.
Old August 29th 06, 09:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
What happened is that at the end of the rewind the clear leader tape
broke off right at the beginning of the [VHS] cartridge.

You might find http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/vcrfaq.htm#vcrrdobt to be
helpful. It sounds like this is actually a pretty good place for it to
break; you won't have a splice passing over the heads.

Matt Roberds

Old August 29th 06, 12:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Default TROLL ALERT-"WEREO SUPREME"

WEREO SUPREME (not its real name) is a troll.
It regularly frequent at least twenty news groups,
including many rabid/sex/racist groups.
Normally, it starts off with reasonable, even witty lines,
but rapidly drifts into lies, abuse and stupidity.
Check its details at this URL:

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...h1pnvFAOUlylOg

It is a sad creatures, deserving of pity, not anger.
Any direct response simply feeds it,
but it will go away if you ignore it.

Old August 29th 06, 03:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Noodles' "trollshifting" is his demise

will be going down in flames within hours.
Old August 29th 06, 05:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Wereo_SUPREME

wrote:
Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
What happened is that at the end of the rewind the clear leader tape
broke off right at the beginning of the [VHS] cartridge.

You might find
http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/vcrfaq.htm#vcrrdobt to be
helpful. It sounds like this is actually a pretty good place for it to
break; you won't have a splice passing over the heads.

Matt Roberds

Thanks D-Bob and Matt. Yep, I've got good news to report! I'm just in
from the Repair Shop and it was a Ten-Buck Repair! I'm elated. Thanks
for your help guys, and may we see Noodles off

Old August 29th 06, 05:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Wereo_SUPREME

Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote:
WEREO SUPREME (not its real name) is a troll.
It regularly frequent at least twenty news groups,
including many rabid/sex/racist groups.
Normally, it starts off with reasonable, even witty lines,
but rapidly drifts into lies, abuse and stupidity.
Check its details at this URL:

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...h1pnvFAOUlylOg

It is a sad creatures, deserving of pity, not anger.
Any direct response simply feeds it,
but it will go away if you ignore it.

So I clicked the link and clicked it again. What's your point?

Is this NOODLES?

Old August 29th 06, 06:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 29 Aug 2006 09:42:54 -0700, "Wereo_SUPREME"
wrote:

Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote:
WEREO SUPREME (not its real name) is a troll.
It regularly frequent at least twenty news groups,
including many rabid/sex/racist groups.
Normally, it starts off with reasonable, even witty lines,
but rapidly drifts into lies, abuse and stupidity.
Check its details at this URL:

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...h1pnvFAOUlylOg

It is a sad creatures, deserving of pity, not anger.
Any direct response simply feeds it,
but it will go away if you ignore it.

So I clicked the link and clicked it again. What's your point?

Is this NOODLES? snip

Yes, it's Noodles, under yet another different name.

Report these "troll shifting" abuse posts to Google on
. They are watching Noodles and axing his
accounts quickly now.
Old August 29th 06, 11:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Dwight D. Eisenhower

wrote:

Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote:
WEREO SUPREME (not its real name) is a troll.
It regularly frequent at least twenty news groups,
including many rabid/sex/racist groups.
Normally, it starts off with reasonable, even witty lines,
but rapidly drifts into lies, abuse and stupidity.
Check its details at this URL:

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...h1pnvFAOUlylOg

It is a sad creatures, deserving of pity, not anger.
Any direct response simply feeds it,
but it will go away if you ignore it.

So I clicked the link and clicked it again. What's your point?

Is this NOODLES? snip

Yes, it's Noodles, under yet another different name.

Report these "troll shifting" abuse posts to Google on
. They are watching Noodles and axing his
accounts quickly now.

take it away !!! your trollometer reading just pegged into the redline
!

Old August 30th 06, 12:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Noodles losing another account

next...then

Keep 'em coming, Noodles. You're obvious too stupid to know when th
quit!