my pitiful collection of us currency

Old November 26th 03, 06:39 PM
Bob Peterson

Default my pitiful collection of us currency

I promised Tim I would scan and send him my collection of US currency. Then
I thought maybe others would want to see it as well. All of it from
circulation, and most is probably worth face value.

But a few nifty things here and there.

http://home.insightbb.com/~petersonra/uscurrency1.jpg

http://home.insightbb.com/~petersonra/us_currency_2.jpg

http://home.insightbb.com/~petersonra/us_currency_3.jpg

Old November 26th 03, 11:38 PM
Coin Saver

From: "Bob Peterson"
I promised Tim I would scan and send him my collection of US currency. Then I

thought maybe others would want to see it as well. All of it from circulation,
and most is probably worth face value.

The following are retail estimates:

http://home.insightbb.com/~petersonra/uscurrency1.jpg

First one = maybe $10 - $12 / Second = maybe $8 - $10 / Third = $6 or $7 /
Fourth = I need this one for my collection, but *just* one, so if you ever want
to consider selling / trading for it, email me separately about it. However,
for purposes here, I will give no estimate due conflict of interest.

http://home.insightbb.com/~petersonra/us_currency_2.jpg

First and Second = These Star Notes are too current to give a fair estimate,
but I do believe they can fare more than face on eBay; so take that statement
for what it's worth to you. Third = it's worth "only" about $125.oo, if you
can find a collector who can afford it. Fourth = Wow. This one's really got
my attention! The coloring of the seal / serial numbers is called "light
green, but the signatures and the actual number are supposed to be Dark Green
(like the note above it). Boy would I like to get my hands on that one, Bob,
and research it!

http://home.insightbb.com/~petersonra/us_currency_3.jpg

Both = Again, too recent for a really fair statement, the *test* of value for
these is eBay.

-my opinion, for what it's worth ...
8-/

Coin Saver
Old November 27th 03, 05:31 AM
BobbyShaw

I promised Tim I would scan and send him my collection of US currency. Then
I thought maybe others would want to see it as well. All of it from
circulation, and most is probably worth face value.

But a few nifty things here and there.

Cool! Sounds like a fun idea. Your collection looks similar to mine. Never
bought anything... all came from circulation as well. I haven't had a chance
to play with my scanner in a while, so here's what I've got:

http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/notes_1.jpg
(my $1 notes: heavily circulated 1935B and 1935G series silver certs, a CU
1957B silver cert that originally belonged to Alan Williams, and a 1999 star
note that I got 2 weeks ago. It would be CU except for the rough counting
crinkles from the cashier that gave it to me).

http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/notes_2.jpg
(circulated 1953 and 1953A $5 silver cirtificates, and a 1950D $10 FRN)

http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/notes_3.jpg
(a lightly circulated 1950B $20 FRN, and the prize of my meager note collection
-- a CU, except for a light counting crinkle, 1996 $20 FRN with a wet ink
transfer error. Under these are the foriegn notes recieved from Larry Calder)

http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/notes_4.jpg
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/notes_5.jpg
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/notes_6.jpg
(just some $2 notes I've gathered through the years... Nothing special here.
page 4 are circulated 1976's, page 5 are uncirculated with the 2nd note cut
slightly off center-but no design cut off, page 6 has 2 CU 1995 and my 2003
series notes)

All jpgs 200-300K each.

Robert Shaw
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html