Which coin show would you say is the best and/or largest??

Old November 8th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Which coin show would you say is the best and/or largest??

Just wanted to know what show you like the best and why. I'm in NYC,
and in the late 80's thru early 90's the best show used for me was the
GSNA (garden state num. 250+ dealers) show in Cherry Hill, NJ. Also
held in Cherry Hill was the GENA (greater eastern num. I think, 200+
dealers). The later is no more I believe. The GSNA is still going but
at a much smaller scale, its to bad, that was a great collector show.
In Florida, when I'm there to see family, there is a good show in
Melbourne once a month I think. I attended for the first time this past
January, the FUN show in Orlando. Only was there for a coupe of hours,
but it was great. So big I didn't even finish walking the floor!! I'm
hoping to go back this coming January if I'm in FL again at the time.
Otherwise near me there is a show in Westchester (wespex? 60-100
dealers) 3-4 tmes a year, but it has been going downhill for a few
years now. And last show I attended was a fairly large (maybe 100
dealers) at a show in Parsippinay, NJ.The shows I look for are for
general collectors, with a good supply of coins in the $20-$250.per
coin range. Just looking to see what other great coin shows are still
out there....
Jim

Old November 8th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

wrote:
[...]

I heard somewhere that many out of state dealers refuse to set up at
New Jersey coin shows anymore due to overzealous state tax agents
giving out of state dealers a hard time on documenting sales and trying
to burden them with a lot of paperwork. Rather than attend
many are saying "forget it". I think this is why most New Jersey
shows are not as
large as they used to be.

Old November 8th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bill Dunkenfield

wrote:

Just wanted to know what show you like the best and why.

I like the PAN show in Pittsburgh. It's the largest show in the area.

http://www.pancoins.org/

The Nickel Trader show is a small show that occurs one a month. Relaxed
atmosphere and good location.

http://www.nickeltrader.com/

I like the The Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention too. Really big
show and just a few hours drive away.

http://hometown.aol.com/baltimorecoinshw/

JAM
Old November 8th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

Bill Dunkenfield wrote:
wrote:

Just wanted to know what show you like the best and why.

I like the PAN show in Pittsburgh. It's the largest show in the area.

http://www.pancoins.org/

The Nickel Trader show is a small show that occurs one a month. Relaxed
atmosphere and good location.

http://www.nickeltrader.com/

I like the The Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention too. Really big
show and just a few hours drive away.

http://hometown.aol.com/baltimorecoinshw/

JAM

I like the MSNS show Thanksgiving weekend in Dearborn (Mich) along with
a few local
20+ table affairs. I don't go to any other shows as I don't like
traveling long distances.
Easier and cheaper to buy on Ebay when figuring in the travel expenses.