China Opt ID

Old February 18th 10, 12:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default China Opt ID

Just when I am breathing on my fingernails, and rubbing them on my chest
in a mood of satisfaction that I know all my Chinese overprints,
this pops up and nobbles me.
(And it looks so darn familiar)
Care to embarass me with its Identification
http://cjoint.com/data/cscIMRnDBD.htm

Old February 18th 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

By Jove , young fella
got it in one.
I dips me lid, (as I toss out the SG simplified)
Thanks.

"Tony Vella"
Inner Mongolia ????

Old February 18th 10, 01:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Inner Mongolia ????
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old February 18th 10, 04:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Well I won't throw out the SG simplified,
a colleague suggested has its location.

It's not under (as you would think practically) China~Japanese Occupation
It is under Japan~Chinese occupation.

So any necomer to philately has to be able to read Japanese to ID the issue.

The Englishmen have spent too long in the noon day sun,
or the catalogue was organised by Monty Python.

Old February 18th 10, 08:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Well Ok, we'll just learn Chinese,
in the interim, what do we tell the neophytes
who scour the China catalogue looking for a Japanese stamp, printed in Chinese?

"You dont frighten us you English pig dogs!
Go and boil your bottoms! Son of a silly person!
I'll blow my nose at your so called Arthur king! You and all your silly
English cunnnnnnnnnigits!
TTHPPBPBB!!(making fart nosies with tongue)"

Actually, 'Mengkiang' - Inner Mongolia (Nei Meng-ku) and Sinkiang/
Xinjiang. And while it could, conceivably, be read in Japanese, it's
actually perfectly good Chinese, Rodney. The reader only needs to
know Traditional Chinese to read it. No need at all to complicate
matters by also learning Japanese!

Tony

Old February 19th 10, 01:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Alfred Lee[_2_]

The characters are Chinese, not Japanese, as Rodney suggested.

The words essentially mean 'Mongolian - Xinjiang 1/2 cents'
It is read right to left, top to bottom.
It is strange though, why it is listed under Japan ~ Chinese Occupation.
China has never occupied Japan.

Alfred

Old February 19th 10, 09:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Feb 19, 12:53*pm, "Alfred Lee" wrote:

China has never occupied Japan.

Alfred

But China did try to - 800 years ago ...

Tony
Old February 19th 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Feb 19, 4:57*am, Asia-translation
wrote:
On Feb 19, 12:53*pm, "Alfred Lee" wrote:

China has never occupied Japan.

Alfred

But China did try to - 800 years ago ...

Tony

But they were not successful , thanks to the divine winds.

Blair