10c rarities.

Old December 31st 09, 07:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default 10c rarities.

Received a nice Christmas present from the US.
Two stamps with a catalogue value of 20c total.

Where else but Philately offers that

http://cjoint.com/data/mFjrYVjlvx.htm

I would have sorted well in excess of 7000 of these issues in stock books
and never come across any one of these two in ten years.

Thanks T.

Old December 31st 09, 06:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hi Rod.
Just curious: caja is Spanish for box, like caja postal = post box, caja de
depósito = safety deposit box. Made me wonder what kind of cancellation
that is.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old December 31st 09, 09:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Happy New Year Tony,
cannot help here, studying postal cancellations of Spain could
be a lifetime's work.
Naturally, as one gets better examples of the Franco series, the cancellations
or part thereof are discarded.
I keep postmarks I feel are interesting.

I would hazard a guess your query is a part slogan parcel cancellation, (post box propaganda?)
I looked at all my 1955 circa strikes and the closest I could get to "caja postal" was this one
http://cjoint.com/data/mFxQC5LqoB.htm

But check this one out for a diamond dotted strike as late as 1955!
http://cjoint.com/data/mFxR6ROdR7.htm

rodney

Old December 31st 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

And a very happy new year to you too, my friend.

Here's a load of guesswork on the cancellation of your Vazquez de Mella
stamp:

(co)nfie su(s) [trust your]
(ah)orros a [savings in]
(una) (ca)ja post(al) [a post box]

Just for fun.

Old January 1st 10, 03:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Well done
sounds appropriate for 1955 too.
rodney