Ben Franklin Sold Out?

Old January 28th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Ben Franklin Sold Out?

I bought a couple of the non proofs before the cutoff. What were they
thinking with the
limit of 100 pieces. Having the issue sold out during "pre-issue" is bound
to make a lot
of customers mad.

Old January 28th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

I placed my order Jan 17th. My credit card expires May'06, what should I
do?????????????

Old January 28th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Russell" wrote in message
news
I placed my order Jan 17th. My credit card expires May'06, what should I
do?????????????

You can call in your new credit information if your coins have not been
delivered by that time. It will be good if you don't have to, but the Mint
has had a lot of problems delivering on time for the past couple of years. I
think they need to increase the personnel budget.

Anita

Old January 28th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Russell" wrote in message
news
I placed my order Jan 17th. My credit card expires May'06, what should I
do?????????????

Pray.

Harv

Old January 28th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall"AT"cableone.net wrote

That puts me out in the cold! I have an order in for the two uncirculated
versions but my CC will
expire the last of April.
Dang it!!!!!!

Dale

Dale, you'll be fine. I had my credit card expire while waiting for a not
insignificant order of the Marine uncs. I wondered why it wasn't shipping,
so I called the Mint. The lady told me my CC had expired and to give her the
new numbers. I did and had the coins within a week. As soon as you receive
your new card (it should be well before the expiration date) simply call the
Mint and update the CC information. Don't do it through their web site...you
never know what could happen there.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mysite.verizon.net/jcarney44/coins/rccers.html

Old January 28th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Russell" wrote in message
news
I placed my order Jan 17th. My credit card expires May'06, what should I
do?????????????

See my answer to Dale.

Old January 28th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"John Carney" wrote in message
[...]

And that then is what I will do :-)

Dale

Old January 28th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

winwin wrote:

There is no reason these things should be rare or even scarce
with mintages in the six figures. There are too many issues
that are genuinely scarce with mintages a fraction that large.
In the past, issues with more than 30K rarely appreciated
much, but then there was the glaring exception of the 2001
Buffalo, a sellout with a premium. Now maybe we are seeing
the same thing with the USMC issues.

Who knows, maybe there are enough new collectors coming
into the hobby to sustain demand for these huge mintages?
My personal view is that it is very unlikely this will be a hit.

Regards,
Tom

Could be the USMC resonates with non-collectors.
Old January 28th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Lookie / Ben Franklin Sold Out?/

Brian Blackwell wrote:

I was just on the US Mint web site and saw this.

"Orders have been taken that meet the mintage limits for the Benjamin
Franklin Commemorative Coins (except for the 50,000 Founding Father proof
coins being held for the 2006 United States Mint American Legacy
CollectionT). We are continuing to take orders. If you choose to place an
order and product becomes available, you will be considered "next in line,"
and your order will be processed on a first-in, first-out basis, following
our standard practices. The United States Mint CANNOT provide specific
information on the ranking of customer orders either online or by telephone.
If paying by credit card, please ensure the expiration date is not before
June 2006. If we are not able to fulfill your order, you will be notified
that your order was canceled. If you paid by check, you will receive a
refund. The United States Mint reserves the right to accept or reject
product orders in any combination or options it determines to be in its best
interest."

Looks like they are gone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8378535913

First on the bandwagon?

Old January 28th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Richard Adams" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8378535913

First on the bandwagon?

This is an illegal sale, because the seller won't have the article in hand
within 30 days. The way things go at the Mint, the seller will be lucky to
have them in hand before next year :-)

Anita