Wurlitzer 24 pulling 2 trays

Old March 6th 07, 03:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
jukeboxnut

Default Wurlitzer 24 pulling 2 trays

This is a 1015, the electric selector is still off, free-wheeling
without the star wheel it seemed to be fine, put on new star wheel and
dog pin and have adjusted until I am pulling out my hair, it keeps
pulling 2 trays when it gets close to the top and again when it gets
close to the bottom of the stack. Can't seem to get it right.
This mech has been cleaned, relubed. All trays taken out, etc, bushing
inside heart shaped cam and at the end of the lever have been
replaced.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Brad
http://www.jukeboxnut.com

Old March 7th 07, 03:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2007-03-06 07:15:53 -0800, "jukeboxnut" said:

This is a 1015, the electric selector is still off, free-wheeling
without the star wheel it seemed to be fine, put on new star wheel and
dog pin and have adjusted until I am pulling out my hair, it keeps
pulling 2 trays when it gets close to the top and again when it gets
close to the bottom of the stack. Can't seem to get it right.
This mech has been cleaned, relubed. All trays taken out, etc, bushing
inside heart shaped cam and at the end of the lever have been
replaced.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Brad
http://www.jukeboxnut.com

When it is pulling the two trays is the dog actually mid point between
the two trays, and thus actually pulls them out? Or is it centered
correctly in the top/bottom tray, but the next tray is 'following' it
out?

If the former then you have issues: might be the bushings - can you
move the kidney cam up/down or left/right when you tug on it? That
indicates the rear bushing is worn on the shaft and needs to be
replaced. If the kidney cam is solid, and there is no side play on its
shaft, then check the heart cam for signs of extra wear or the roller
for the select arm lift might be worn out.

If the latter (following) then the trays are binding together - perhaps
someone forgot to replace a brass washer?

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

Old March 7th 07, 11:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
jukeboxnut

John, thanks for the reply. I went back to it and spent more hours of
adjusting and watching.
The dog is between 2 trays, one is not bringing the other out.
Kidney cam seems very solid.
I have replaced the roller for the select arm.
I have replaced the roller in the heart-shaped cam. I ordered an
oversized one from Victory as well, but it will not fit into the
channel of the heart shaped cam. So I assume it is not that worn. (?)
Nothing seems to have more play than the 750 rebuilt by Hamwey that
has no problems.
It is adjusted like this right now:
bottom tray - dog is in the middle. As it selects the odd numbered
trays (not odd numbered selections, I have not yet numbered my trays
with decals so for the sake of this post, tray #1 is the top tray and
tray #24 is the bottom tray) free-wheeling on the way UP, as the dog
gets to the top trays, the dog is getting higher and higher, until it
comes to tray number #3, it grabs #2 as well. It's as if the trays are
too close together for where the dog expects them to be.
On the way down (after tray #1 is selected) tray #2 is selected and
all the evens, but double trays are pulled at times.
No matter what I try with adjustment, 2 trays are pulled somewhere.
This has gone on for some time now and I am losing patience. It's not
making sense.
For the record, all the washers look to be properly installed.
Help!
Thank you,
Brad

Old March 10th 07, 08:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2007-03-07 15:58:51 -0800, "jukeboxnut" said:

[...]

Sounds like a worn main shaft bushing (kidney cam) to me, I'm sorry
but I have no other suggestions.

John :-#(#