PELICAN Calligraphy NIBS ??

Old January 28th 04, 08:41 PM
SSDUSER

Default PELICAN Calligraphy NIBS ??

Hello peoples,

I have a couple of Pelican Calligraphy pens.

I have only the nibs that are on them.

Does anyone know where I could get a couple more,

preferably a Large point..??

thank you..
Old January 31st 04, 02:37 PM
Paul G

If you are looking for nibs for the MC120 Deluxe, which was Pelikan's Caligraphy
pen from the early '80's, nibs for the small M100 and M150 pens will fit.
While I'm not sure what sizes are still available for these modern pens, it may
give you more options.
Many art stores like Pearl Paint (sp?) will still have nibs for the MC120
Deluxe.

Good luck!
Pelikanyo Paul

Old February 1st 04, 08:26 PM
Paul G

I find if you approach a sales person who knows the store, they will take you to
where all this "obscure" stuff is...then sell it at the '80's prices marked on
the tags. My last two NIB MC-120's were $65, complete with the nib tool and
three nibs they were originally sold with. Made only in two colors, (like all
the 120 eries, green/black and all black) the all blacks are pretty rare these
days.

some trivia...btw,
the MC120 was such a bomb after the sucess of the 120 type I and II (or Mertz &
Krell) student pen, Pelikan redesignated the model number as the M150. The first
pen to use that designation was the small "Blue Pond" demo made for Bols after
the MC120's demise in '85-86. The problem with the original MC nibs?....the
combination of the "rake" angle and rotation angle had to be just right to make
the ink flow correctly. Seems holding such a small pen is the average hand put
it at a very weird angle.
Be well,
Pelikanyo Paul
(Pats all the way!)

Subject: PELICAN Calligraphy NIBS ??
From: "Paul G"
Date: Sat, Jan 31, 2004 9:37 AM BRBR

Many art stores like Pearl Paint (sp?) will still have nibs for the MC120
Deluxe. BRBR

Maybe the Pearl in NY (Canal St) would have the nibs but the other Pearls
around the country aren't really Pearl Paint. Pearl Paint (the original) made
some sort of deal to add its name to the various "other " Pearls which are
officially called
Pearl Arts and Crafts.

These Pearls probably won't have anything laying around since inventory that
doesn't move usually ends up in the dumpster or, 'somehow', in the hands of
people that work there. And since they are relatively new in their locations
the chance of old stuff being there is unlikely.

If you live in an area that might have some smaller art stores still in
business, you might try there - the old stuff usually ends up in a drawer
somewhere. These older stores that have managed to hang on are treasure troves
for the "old" stuff.

Ask the people that own the place not the kid cashier.

Pelikanyo Paul is absolutely correct about the 150 nib fitting the MC 120.

I think the Pearl in Paramus NJ might still be a real Pearl -it had Pearl like
qualities in the late eighties - but I haven't been there since then and times
do change.

Someone had a whole set of MC 120s for sale on Pentrace a while ago -forget

who
it was - but the stuff has to be somewhere.

Reid McIntyre

Old February 7th 04, 07:20 PM
SSDUSER

THANKS for your time and info !!!
Old April 2nd 06, 11:30 PM
Dillo Dillo is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but nibs from the Pelikan M200, M400, and M600 will also fit into this pen. Just set the nib two MM deeper into the collar. M150 nibs will also fit.

Dillon