FA: 1963 25¢ MS-63, FS-023, strongly doubled motto and date. **NO RESERVE**

Old June 4th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default FA: 1963 25¢ MS-63, FS-023, strongly doubled motto and date. **NO RESERVE**

Just listed this very cool variety on ebay. Starting at $5.99 with no
reserve.

If you like true doubled dies you'll love this variety.

Check it out at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1963-MS-63-FS-02...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,

Cliff Lawless
Old June 4th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Cliff Lawless" wrote in message
Just listed this very cool variety on ebay. Starting at $5.99 with no
reserve.

If you like true doubled dies you'll love this variety.

Check it out at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1963-MS-63-FS-02...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,

Cliff Lawless

I don't see any of it. Are we just supposed to take your word for it?
Better pictures are in order when claiming DD.

Jonathan_ATC

Old June 4th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Jonathan_ATC wrote:

I don't see any of it. Are we just supposed to take your word for it?
Better pictures are in order when claiming DD.

Jonathan_ATC

While an image that highlights the doubling would certainly help sell
this coin to the general public, there are many here who would
certainly take Cliff's "word fot it".

Old June 5th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 4-Jun-2006, "Jonathan_ATC" wrote:

I don't see any of it. Are we just supposed to take your word for it?
Better pictures are in order when claiming DD.

Jonathan_ATC

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, I'm hoping you will take my word for it. I don't at this time have the
means to take close-up photos.

My 100% positive rating, the fact that I've been an ebayer for almost 8
years, and my 7 day return policy should help alleviate your fears of
bidding on a coin with a starting price of $5.99.

If you have access to a Cherrypicker's Guide you can see what the doubling
looks like on this variety (FS-023). I guarantee that it will look the same
on this coin. You still may need magnification to see it, as with most
doubled dies.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

Cliff Lawless
Old June 5th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

[...]

Cliff, didn't mean to sound like I didn't trust you. I was making a comment
that a better picture would be more likely to sell the coin for a higher
price. I don't see how anyone could argue with that. ;o) I got a nice
Nikon CoolPix 2100 that takes excellent macro photos. It cost me about $65
including shipping. So far, so good. I'm saving for an SLR but until then,
the Nikon is great. Oh and I got a copy stand that works well and some
sunlight bulbs. I understand not being able to make ends meet and selling
some coins. I am sorry, I did not mean to insult you and I may even bid on
your coin.

Jonathan_ATC

Old June 5th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 4-Jun-2006, "Jonathan_ATC" wrote:

I got a nice
Nikon CoolPix 2100 that takes excellent macro photos. It cost me about
$65
including shipping.

Thanks for the info Jonathan. I'm dumb as dirt when it comes to cameras. I
assumed a camera that would take macros would cost several hundred dollars.
I should have posted that question here on the group.

Close-ups would definitely help sell, especialy to those who might not be
into varieties. It could help spark their interest. If I can find a good
camera for $100. or less I'll certainly jump on it.

I'm off to search ebay for cameras

Later,

Cliff Lawless
Old June 6th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Cliff Lawless" wrote in message

On 4-Jun-2006, "Jonathan_ATC" wrote:

I got a nice
Nikon CoolPix 2100 that takes excellent macro photos. It cost me about
$65
including shipping.

Thanks for the info Jonathan. I'm dumb as dirt when it comes to cameras. I
assumed a camera that would take macros would cost several hundred

dollars.
I should have posted that question here on the group.

Close-ups would definitely help sell, especialy to those who might not be
into varieties. It could help spark their interest. If I can find a good
camera for $100. or less I'll certainly jump on it.

I'm off to search ebay for cameras

Later,

Cliff Lawless

Cliff,

No, you don't have to spend hundreds of $$ on a camera with a good macro
mode. The Nikon CoolPix camers do an excellent job. I'm on my second
CoolPix 2100 because my wife broke my first one. I'll try to post some
images from it on the alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic when I get off work
today. I got a kit for close up photos that cost about $130 that consists
of two sunlight spectrum lights, a ligt tent, a copy stand and a sunlight
spectrum light table that the coins sit on to make a perfectly white
background. While one certainly doesn't need all that, it was a small
investment for me (not moneywise, I don't have much money) to get good close
up images. I also photograph beads and other small jewelry items for money.

Check the Nikon CoolPix cameras, make sure you get one that is not in bad
shape and preferably new or refurbished. I got a refurbished one and it
works great. 2100 is 2 MegaPixels and I believe the 4100 is 4 MegaPixels.
I find the 2 MP works fine for coins as I have to downsize them anyway for
web use. You don' necessarily need a high megapixel camera for eBay images.

Jonathan_ATC