ebay sellers that don't leave feedback

Old April 11th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default ebay sellers that don't leave feedback

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 01:56:15 GMT, "PC" wrote:

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:20:10 GMT, "PC" wrote:

My rate is the neighborhood of 90%; give or take 5 percentage points.

That means, of the sales you made or the purchases you made, the other
party was dissatisfied with the transaction 5% to 15% of the time.

Nope. It means 90% of my customers leave feedback.

I was misled by the percentage figure. Feedback is expressed in
percentage.

Some poeple simply dont
leave feedback even if everything is perfect.

Some do not leave feedback when everything is not perfect. Not that
this implies that this is present in your figures, but it is a fact.

I recently purchased an item (not a coin) that was shipped about two
weeks after my immediate Paypal payment and packaged rather sloppily.
I chose just to not leave feedback since I only leave positive
feedback for very good transactions and negative feedback if I think
there is a serious problem. I wasn't in a hurry to receive the item,
and the item made it safely despite the packaging.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old April 11th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 01:56:15 GMT, "PC" wrote:

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I have always done the same thing after 1500+ transactions over 8-10 years with
100% pos feedback, mostly as a buyer. I either leave positive feedback or none
at all, unless there is an obvious problem. Still, only one neg left so far,
and less than a dozen where I left no feedback at all because it may have been a
pain-in-the-ass transaction, even tho I eventually received the item. To me, a
Neutral would equate to a Negative, indicating some degree of dissatisfaction.
I prefer to simply let it ride in these cases.

Bruce

Old April 11th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:13:14 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:29:30 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 03:40:10 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"Jud" wrote in message
legroups.com...
Although some people don't live or die by their eBay rating, you must
keep in mind that others do! I feel that it is nothing less than a
common courtesy that should be adhered to by both sides. Once a
seller
receives payment - feedback should be left. Once a buyer receives
their
item and they are happy with it - they should do the same. As a buyer
primarily, I leave feedback immediately upon receipt. If the seller
hasn't left me feedback within a week I start harassing them for
feedback. "I left you a positive, why haven't you reciprocated? Was
there a problem with the transaction?". Guess I am 'old-school'.

And when you harass them for feedback, do they ever harass you with a
negative? There are such birds.

Any Buyer or Seller who e-mails me to ask me to place feedback should
expect me to provide that feedback when Hell ices over. Do it twice
and I'll leave Negative feedback.

When I don't leave feedback, it's because I did not think the
transaction was fully satisfactory, but it was not unsatisfactory
enough to warrant neutral or negative feedback. I'm withholding
feedback as an act of kindness.

My goodness, I hope you never have the displeasure of my business. I pay
promptly and have never issued a negative in over 600 transactions, all as
buyer. You can sit there until Hell freezes over if you want, harboring
your grudge, but, since I can't read your mind, you grudge alone.

Are you saying, then, that you are one of those people who pesters the
Seller for feedback? That's the only way you would be exposed to my
"grudge'.

If you fail to provide feedback after what appears to the other party as a
successful transaction, how in the world can I or anyone else know the
reason for it?

If a Seller or Buyer has a 100 or more feedback ratings already
posted, my contribution - or lack of it - isn't going to affect a
potential Seller or Buyer. I only withhold feedback if I'm neither
pleased enough to post a Positive nor displeased enough to post a
Negative. In other words, if the transaction was merely acceptable.

Nor would I or anyone else learn of your predilection for
negging someone for nothing more serious than asking for feedback (hardly
what I would call "pestering," but we all have our definitions)
until we had
actually offended you by asking twice.

You'd know that because the Negative would read: "Seller (or Buyer)
made repeated post-transaction contact asking for feedback."

You seem too proud of this odd
personality trait that you possess. What's the point of telling us all
this? This is the human race you're dealing with on eBay. Lighten up
already.

The point is that someone here might not be aware that
post-transaction contact asking for, or demanding, feedback is
inappropriate and irritating to some.

I had dinner this weekend at a restaurant where a "Customer Comment"
card was presented with the bill. I don't expect the waitress to
follow me out to the parking lot to demand that I fill it in. eBay's
no different. Feedback is optional, and asking for it or demanding it
post-transaction is inappropriate.

I don't mind a line in an ad or on the invoice saying "Your feedback
is appreciated". That's entirely different.

My primary objection is the Buyer or Seller who tells me - as many
have - that they will leave positive feedback after I leave positive
feedback. That's a form of extortion.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old April 11th 06, 10:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:13:14 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:29:30 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
m...
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 03:40:10 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"Jud" wrote in message
glegroups.com...
[...]

That sounds reasonable. My only disagreement would be with a seller who
neglects to leave feedback for me after I have paid promptly and left very
positive feedback for him/her. It's in the same category as taking time to
research and answer someone's question here on RCC and never having the
person acknowledge the effort.

Mr. Jaggers

Old April 11th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:17:11 GMT, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:20:10 GMT, "PC" wrote:

My rate is the neighborhood of 90%; give or take 5 percentage points.

That means, of the sales you made or the purchases you made, the other
party was dissatisfied with the transaction 5% to 15% of the time.
That's a buyer or seller I would avoid.

Psst...I think he means the percentage of his buyers who leave feedback,
not the percentage of positive vs negative.

Old April 11th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"beekeep" wrote in message
On 10 Apr 2006 10:26:26 -0700, "
wrote:

d whatever wrote:
"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message

Why do some
sellers tend to ignore this feature?

Dale

Just curious .. who leaves feedback first? ...

I leave feedback after I receive payment when I sell and after I
receive the article when I buy. The only exception is if I have to
return the item, then I leave it after the refund is granted.
Occasionally I don't leave feedback because the transaction was
botched, but not totally negative.

I don't care if I get feedback when I buy. I like to receive it when I
sell because I use it to close the books on a transaction. It's no
worry if I don't receive any. I just close the books after the return
period is over.

Anita

I agree with you 100%. Sellers that wait for feedback first are just
spineless
scum.

beekeep

WOW .. pretty harsh .. Big deal .. the buyer sent you a payment for
something he purchased. ..

Let's say you have a bidder that doesn't pay. You contact ebay and report
them as a deadbeat .. Ebay send this person a notice saying PAY UP OR ELSE
... so he pays you ... You tell the eBay community that this is a great guy
... or ???? But deep down . .this person does not like you .. maybe he was
suspended until he paid up .. and now he gets his revenge .. meanwhile ..
you have already give him feedback .. Great ebayers etc ... OR .. you could
post the truth . .the guy was a deadbeat until eBay held a gun to his head.

This guy could ALSO be the same person who was a deadbeat under a different
name .. maybe he just got this userid to blast you. Don't pretend these
people aren't out there .. THEY ARE !!

d whatever

Old April 11th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:50:09 -0400, "d whatever" wrote:

"beekeep" wrote in message
On 10 Apr 2006 10:26:26 -0700, "
wrote:

d whatever wrote:
[...]

I'm not talking about scum buyers, I'm talking about most of buyers out there
like myself that snipe an auction and paypal the money 2 minutes later or if
they just let a bid ride, pay for it the next morning when checking "my ebay"
or send payment within the week. And no I won't give positive feedback to a
buyer that takes a month to get their payment to me anymore than I would post
positive feedback to a seller that takes forever to get the merchandise to me.
I have even given negative feedback in one such case.

beekeep

Old April 12th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Buyers vs Sellers... It's a cruel world out there.

Personally I have left feed-back on every auction I have ever won. I am
only a buyer. Out of 100 auctions (I'm a small fry to most of you guys)
and only have been a member of e-bay for 2 years. I have found that
most, 70% or better, sellers leave feed-back only after I have left them
first-back first. Out of those 100 auctions, I have been screwed twice.
I made my payments in a timely manner, but did not receive the products
as described. When I could not resolve the issues via e-mail or the
person just ignored my requests I followed up with negative feed-back.
In both cases it apparently ****ed them off because I received negative
feed-back in return. I am not or will not ever be intimidated with
negative feed-back. And you know what... I could give a ****. I have a
98% rating. Now what seller is not going to sell to me with a 98%
rating? Or a 97 or 96 or a 95 or whatever? If the seller doesn't want to
sell to me I say go screw him. I'll buy from the next guy 10 min. later.
Now on the other hand, I will not bid on any seller auction that has
less that 99%. and I'll go look up what happened on any negatives. I
don't care if this is fair, I don't care if the sellers like it or not.
Thats the way I play ball.

Old June 5th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message
I have an eBay rating of 215 unique positive feedbacks out of 311 total
positive, no negatives, no neutral,
so a positive feedback is actually not all that important to my rating.

But sellers (and buyers though it is almost always a seller) that do not
leave feedback.....really chap my a$$.
Sellers that leave feedback once a month is understandable.
I don't have a problem with that.

For the others, I have made the effort to say everything was fine, ok,

hunky
dory,
excellent, greatest experience of my life, orgasmistic even. Why do some
sellers tend to ignore this feature?

Dale
It is the little things in life that tend to really really tic me off.

I sure hear you, Dale. I don't "hound" buyers or sellers to leave feedback,
but after a week I give them a gentle reminder. I have had people apologize
(Zero Feedbackers) that they didn't know how to leave feedback. But the
people who chap my A$5 are the ones with like 500 feedback, leaving feedback
for other people after our sale and don't leave feedback for me. For this
one guy, I had already left feedback for him and still, after 2 months, no
feedback. Usually they see my feedback and it reminds them to do the same
for me. I guess not.

I've had to just grit my teeth and bear it. I guess in the whole scope of
things, it doesn't matter. Besides I have lots of feedback, 100% positive.
But it is just the principle of the thing.

Rant Off

Jonathan_ATC