Omas Amerigo Vespucci ink availability

Old March 25th 06, 07:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Omas Amerigo Vespucci ink availability

Does anyone know a retailer -- online or otherwise -- of that wonderful
red ink, the Omas Amerigo Vespucci?

Old March 25th 06, 09:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

I second the request. I had always heard of it, but never bought it.
I since heard somewhere that it was discontinued.
..
Most reds are too orangey for me. Best found so far, without the
clotting problems, have been Private Reserve Fiesta Red, and Pelikan
Brilliant red.

The Private Reserve does have a nice variation in shades on the up and
down strokes.

Old March 27th 06, 06:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

I submit a correction to the two brands I recommended. The Pelikan red
is not "brilliant" - ore orange. I just had forgotten that I mixed
into the bottle a few drops of dark blue to deepen its hue. Sorry
'bout that.

The Private Reserve is still nice. Another nice deep red is Levenger's
Cardinal Red -- But like more than half of their colors, the
pigmentation is so dense that it tends to clog any fine points and all
but the most generous of ink flow pens.

So, so far, it's only Private Reserve that I can recommend on its own.
Even that, not that great in shade. I wish I had had a chance to try
Omas before it disappeared. Meantime, for colors, I have switched to
variations on purple and green, of which there are many shades of each.

Mint Doric Oversize Set, Mint Omas Tassili closing Sun eve on eBay SMMRFLD Pens & Pencils 0 October 2nd 04 06:44 PM
Omas 557-S Jack Harrell Pens & Pencils 6 September 18th 04 11:16 PM
Omas MOMA Juan Pens & Pencils 7 November 13th 03 10:51 PM
Omas Vespucci Red kcat Pens & Pencils 2 November 2nd 03 10:46 PM