AKAI CR-83D distortion left channel

Old April 2nd 13, 05:30 PM
enito enito is offline
Junior Member

Default AKAI CR-83D distortion left channel

Hi,
wanna know how i can fix some slight distortion on the left channel due to a bad resistor ? is true? im interesed in buy this tape, and seller say me this one is the fault..

thx for your time!
Old April 3rd 13, 08:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

You replace said bad resistor and that should solve the problem.
If not then you need to look at other components.

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Old April 30th 13, 08:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_2_]

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 03:33:09 -0400, "Andy" wrote:

You replace said bad resistor and that should solve the problem.
If not then you need to look at other components.

He doesn't describe what kind of distortion, which doesn't help. Could
just need a head cleaning/alignment, if it's a level problem in one
channel. Back when I was fooling with that stuff, mos decks came in
severely misaligned. I guess people were using Noodles' phony dubbed
"alignment tapes"!

Old May 12th 13, 07:31 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Kayak 44

"DeserTBoB" wrote in message

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 03:33:09 -0400, "Andy" wrote:

You replace said bad resistor and that should solve the problem.
If not then you need to look at other components.

He doesn't describe what kind of distortion, which doesn't help. Could
just need a head cleaning/alignment, if it's a level problem in one
channel. *Back when I was fooling with that stuff, mos decks came in
severely misaligned. *I guess people were using Noodles' phony dubbed
"alignment tapes"!- Hide quoted text -

Wrong. I've been using kayak44 for years. Bob knows who I am.

Old May 12th 13, 03:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Kayak 44

On May 12, 5:30*am, "Andy" wrote:
And who are you?

"Kayak 44" wrote in message

On May 7, 3:49 am, "Andy" wrote:

this is true and i agree about noodles i think he is posting as Kayak44

"DeserTBoB" wrote in message

.. .

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 03:33:09 -0400, "Andy" wrote:

You replace said bad resistor and that should solve the problem.
If not then you need to look at other components.

He doesn't describe what kind of distortion, which doesn't help. Could
just need a head cleaning/alignment, if it's a level problem in one
channel. Back when I was fooling with that stuff, mos decks came in
severely misaligned. I guess people were using Noodles' phony dubbed
"alignment tapes"!- Hide quoted text -

Wrong. * I've been using kayak44 for years. Bob knows who I am.- Hide quoted text -

Someone who has been posting here for years. You should know that by
now unless your Just another Nudo sock puppet.