job security

Old October 14th 07, 02:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-trak

Default job security

U.S. Air Force mothball fleet in Arizona

this is what I like to call, job security !

http://i23.tinypic.com/2agw1ns.jpg

Old October 14th 07, 02:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-trak

ps- pay your taxes, Boob...

(laughter...)

Old October 14th 07, 04:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
NO WATER at BUMLER

Default Charlie Nudo's back taxes to help pay for plane storage

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:21:21 -0400, "trippin-2-8-trak"
wrote:

ps- pay your taxes, Boob...

(laughter...) snip

You'll be paying yours, especially the ones you evaded, soon. Has the
IRS given you a "drop dead" date yet?

FYI, that's Davis-Monthan AFB just southeast of Tucson, AZ. Been
there, definitely done that. A B-52B from that bone yard just arrived
here by flatcar to be placed on display in our local air park,
"Blackbird Park," as site originally dedicated to the now-retired
Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird supersonic spy plane, which was built here in
the '60s and '70s. They also have several other interesting aircraft,
including another Curtiss-Wright C-46. A flying, fully operable C-46
resides over in Ventura County at the Camarillo Airport and is seen
across the country in air shows, as is their EC-121 Lockheed "Super
Constellation," an early AWACS plane. The Super Connie makes a trip
from Camarillo up here to the Lockheed plant every year for open house
at Plant 10. The Super Connie was still an active aircraft back when
I was in the AF...you know, military service...something Charlie Nudo
of Drums, PA, was too chicken**** to do. There were still a few C-47
Dakotas in the inventory, as well as C-119 "Fatal Boxcars" that the
reservists used to scare the crap out of anyone on the ground below
them. Noodles likes to talk a good game...other have been there, done
that. The only thing Charlie's really done is commit petty crimes and
collect jelly jars.

It's nice to live in an area where there's industry that's
meaningful...rather than a run down magnet for illegal aliens...with
no water in the fire hydrants...and contaminated drinking water...and
beryllium and mercury poisoning...and snow that you have to use a worn
out Gilson lawn tractor to try to plow. I wonder how much toxic
contamination gets into those burgers at Wendy's over by the toxic
CAN'T DO Business Center/toxic foam plant up by 309 and I-80?

Really great life you have there, Noodles...NOT!

SCRAPPPPPY DOOOO....I'M DOING BETTER THAN YOOOOOOU!
Old October 16th 07, 12:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Edward D. Wood

wrote:
[...]

When I was a kid in Key West (before guys like Charlie invaded) the
Hurricane Hunter Super Connie was there on several occasions, one of
my favorite planes, that and the B24.

Old October 17th 07, 12:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:39:46 -0000, "Edward D. Wood"
wrote:

When I was a kid in Key West snip

Wow...what an interesting place to be a kid!

(before guys like Charlie invaded) snip

Too true.

the
Hurricane Hunter Super Connie was there on several occasions, one of
my favorite planes, that and the B24. snip

I'm not sure if this was THE Hurricane Hunter, but it very well could
have been one of them. It was among the last Super Connies retired
from the inventory, long after the C-121s (including Truman and Ike's
plane) were retired. The POTUS C-121 was retired when the 707 became
available. There are probably three or four Connies still
flying...the EC-121 in Camarillo, the TWA "Save-A-Connie" in Kansas
City, MO (also a guest at the Lockheed plant awhile back) and the
mysterious "red 'n white" (CIA colors used on their private fleet)
parked flight ready at Lockheed Air Service in Tucson. I've heard
there's also a passenger Connie somewhere else that's flying, but I
never tracked it down.

To my knowledge, there's only one air worthy B-24, which was rescued
from the Indian Air Force some years ago. I think it was flyable
again starting around '92, but not sure. The 24 was a better airplane
than was the B-17G, which got all the hoopla...bigger payload,
tricycle gear, bigger payload, more air stability, and built like a
tank. The reason Hollywood deified the 17 was that is was "pretty"
and sleek, whereas the 24 was sort of a homely thing, although it
benefited from more advanced technology at the time. Many war bird
fans didn't like the 24 in later years because it was thought to too
closely resemble the AVRO Lancaster British heavy bomber...which is
quite a stretch, when you compare the two.

Also seen buzzing my house out here on Open House days: The "glacial"
P-38 dug out of Greenland's ice cap...quite a plane to see in action.
When word gets out that both the Connies and the Lightning will be
flying in for Open House, all the Lockheed old timers from Burbank
show up, and it's quite a time. I got to meet old time Lockheed test
pilot Tony LaVier during one of these...what a guy!

With global warming accelerating the melting of the Greenland ice
sheet, it's estimated that within ten years, they'll just be able to
come up on Sno-Cats and haul off the remaining P-38s and two B-17Gs
still up there. Why spend millions digging? NOT that this is any
sort of real advantage, of course.

Security and Storage Chuck Miller Coins 43 February 26th 05 05:52 PM
At U.S. Bank, we take security and privacy very seriously. In orderto provide additional securityfor your online transactions, we haveintroduced some new important security standards andbrowser requirements.We need to check your computer system for c George D Coins 0 February 9th 05 12:00 AM
A lesson in security. Byron L. Reed Coins 6 March 26th 04 12:04 AM
Try the security patch pakratt4 Coins 0 December 28th 03 02:23 PM
Security and stamps Dominique Stéphan General Discussion 0 December 17th 03 06:05 PM